P1000 Is the Power commander really worth it?

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes i did rejet the carbs on the older wheelers i had true along with the muffler and headers I just didn’t know anything bout the tuners thx for ur reply
I see ur cullman al. We used to go dwn there once. Yr for a rc racing at the rodeo arena there always enjoyed it i raced rc semi pro for 5 yrs it was addictive as this lol

Wondered if there was any RC guys here. Never have been a racer but have built my share of 1/5 rigs for sure.

Reactions: Mudwing
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes sir i ran truggys kyosho and mugen 1/8 scale mainly got to were i was traveling to much with it once my kids came along but i had fun it was crazy addictive been all over Texas Oklahoma arkansas Louisiana Mississippi racing those things

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes sir i ran truggys kyosho and mugen 1/8 scale mainly got to were i was traveling to much with it once my kids came along but i had fun it was crazy addictive been all over Texas Oklahoma arkansas Louisiana Mississippi racing those things
One more thing did you get the auto tune w one or two o2 sensors

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I raced nitro 1/8 for Xray and then was with the Futaba/OS/Hobbico Factory Team for a bit. Travel was too much with no compensation for travel costs (I got free product but travelling almost every weekend got expensive) and the races were getting bigger and bigger, running into 2-3 in the morning; it just stopped being fun. Met a lot of good people racing over the years though. Lol, I found this article on Red R/C from a race I won in 2007

Mardi Gras Nitro Open

Sorry for the thread derail

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Do you have to get both or can you get by with out the auto tune?and where did you get a larger exhaust tip?
Its better to have the autotune. If you dont get it, maybe see if someone has a tune they can send you. The default adjustments on the PCV seem to be a little rich as it is. Only 1 o2 needed. I made the tip but i have saw them for sale on ebay a while back.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its better to have the autotune. If you dont get it, maybe see if someone has a tune they can send you. The default adjustments on the PCV seem to be a little rich as it is. Only 1 o2 needed. I made the tip but i have saw them for sale on ebay a while back.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanx a lot,one more thing ! Does the at 200 auto tune that comes w 1 sensor also come w the required weld in bung they don’t say.I found a great deal from Dennis Kirk for a close out commander ,now need to get the auto tune.Does not look like the upgraded sensor fits in the factory sensor hole.Thanx again for all the information you have posted on this forum ,regarding all sorts of upgrades.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ok thanx a lot,one more thing ! Does the at 200 auto tune that comes w 1 sensor also come w the required weld in bung they don’t say.I found a great deal from Dennis Kirk for a close out commander ,now need to get the auto tune.Does not look like the upgraded sensor fits in the factory sensor hole.Thanx again for all the information you have posted on this forum ,regarding all sorts of upgrades.
Mine did not. You will probably need a standard M18 o2 bung. The stock Honda O2 is still used with the later model kits plus I think it is a M12 or M14 thread.

J

JTW

The latest model kits do come with a bung you can wed in for the AT.. But no stock 02 bypass plug. However, the Africa twin 02 eliminator plug I ordered from England is still working.

Reactions: snuffnwhisky
advertisement
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered PCV and HMF Titan exhaust for my machine. Anyone here have a good map that will work with my setup they would share?

Thanks

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Selling my Power Commander and auto tune if anyone is interested

Well damn one day late for me. Guess the Talon ECU is working well for you?? How much for the PCV and AT anyway since my buddy doesn’t have it and may want it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!