I've been up, where is everyone?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you don't have the option of making a skid plate, I would lean toward it.. It takes a lot off ya when you know everything is protected. Power steering is more of a luxury for old guys like me not young bucks like you....
Harder to steer isn't the problem with no power steering. It is the bump steer I'm after. Last Saturday when we were riding the Bull I damn near broke my thumb. When I hit rocks the steering wheel sometimes gets ripped out of my hands. That makes twice in the last 2 trips I've almost broke my d@mn thumb Lol. Both are important to me but I can't make the power steering. I think I'll buy the power steering and then order material to make the skid. I hope to have both done by the end of the year. I think I can get away with making the skid for around $300ish.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Harder to steer isn't the problem with no power steering. It is the bump steer I'm after. Last Saturday when we were riding the Bull I damn near broke my thumb. When I hit rocks the steering wheel sometimes gets ripped out of my hands. That makes twice in the last 2 trips I've almost broke my d@mn thumb Lol. Both are important to me but I can't make the power steering. I think I'll buy the power steering and then order material to make the skid. I hope to have both done by the end of the year. I think I can get away with making the skid for around $300ish.
Looks like may have to put you on a muscle bulking program...;)

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@LandPioneer save the I "almost broke my thumb" for when you are explaining the purchase after the fact to your wife! We don't care about broken bones and don't even want to see unless the fracture is compound! LOL

advertisement
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
@LandPioneer save the I "almost broke my thumb" for when you are explaining the purchase after the fact to your wife! We don't care about broken bones and don't even want to see unless the fracture is compound! LOL

9eef0ade343b0b8080b469a6b348992f
Don't worry @Manwell I shook it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well... Almost 11 am and I just got out of the bed.. lol.
Was going to go hunting with my Dad but ended up working until 1am. Decided to sleep in.
Now its turkey time. Got to get her started for this evening's dinner.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@LandPioneer, be careful man. there was a lady who broke her hand on the 700 because she did not know how to hold the steering wheel correctly. Once you install Power Steering it will be like a totally different world.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
@LandPioneer, be careful man. there was a lady who broke her hand on the 700 because she did not know how to hold the steering wheel correctly. Once you install Power Steering it will be like a totally different world.

I'm telling you man I could see how it could happen. It spins out of your grip way faster than you could react. I've learned to keep my thumbs out of the way. It is the inside cross bar that comes around and smacks your thumbs. If someone is not strong enough and tried to hold on, I could definitely see it breaking a hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!