Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So @JACKAL Cindy wants to know how’s it feel to be part of the club again?

Haha, p1k looks good, I’ll check it out next weekend.
It feels good, took wife out in it for a short 10 mile jaunt. She said OMG this thing is so quiet.

FYI all the little things that went into making it what it is from the original version didn't fall deaf on me. Crawling all over running the turn signal and back -up light kit seen so many subtle unseen changes that I'm sure makes a considerably better rider experience from air, dust, engine heat, mud mitigation changes. Very happy with this machine. Got something I know will get me home no matter what, even though the Yamaflaw hasn't had any issues in 5K miles. I'm just prejudice against any CVT simple as that.

Be great to see you guys next week.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The 2022+ have enhanced underbelly coverage that is a vast improvement for many owners, however the rocks where I live require heavy duty stuff to fully protect the undercarriage.

@JACKAL how dose the skidplate play with the plastic guard in the front fender well?
I'm guessing that inner fender plate was put there for a reason, did you notice how thick it is?

Being able to defect a stick under the vehicle and keep it there is a good thing.
But I have been afraid the after market skids would allow a stick between the OEM plate and the skid.
Bouncing around between the underside of the floor and the skid is probably not a good thing.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL how dose the skidplate play with the plastic guard in the front fender well?
I'm guessing that inner fender plate was put there for a reason, did you notice how thick it is?

Being able to defect a stick under the vehicle and keep it there is a good thing.
But I have been afraid the after market skids would allow a stick between the OEM plate and the skid.
Bouncing around between the underside of the floor and the skid is probably not a good thing.
I did notice how beefy the inner front fender well was, very nice. SuperATV did take this into account on their install instructions.

This is what the instructions called for and I followed them. It bolted up tight after the 2"x3" bump was trimmed. Note I only cut the Honda plastic just enough so it was flush with the metal frame tubing it covered.
UntitledSATV Skid 2022 mod Install
T

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Headlight Change-out to aftermarket LED's with Daytime Running Lights & Integrated Turn Signals

So as everyone knows by now Honda stopped putting the LED Headlights in the Pioneer 1000 Models changing to Halogen as a cost savings measure. They offered the OEM LED headlights as a $400 accessory + $25 wiring harness needed for $425 to have the headlights used as far back 8 years ago by default.

My first nighttime spin with the halogen OEM lights were actually depressing compared to my 2016 P1K5D & 2018 P1K5LE machines I had owned. This 2024 P1K5D headlights on low reminded me of my 2015 P500 which too left MUCH to be desired.

So after much looking found these LED lights offered on Amazon.com from a few vendors, had one that had an actual review from a Pioneer 1000 owner who even posted a video. I was intrigued and and for $218 ordered them.

Item purchased: LED Headlights w/ DRL & Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CRR4RHW4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

NOTE: The above lights fit P700, P1000, & Talon models and include everything needed for plug an play into OEM harness. The turn signal work perfect with the Turn Pro signal kit offered by the hondasxs club store.

Just got around to installing them this morning and my initial impressions are, I am impressed!

Out of the box these things are sturdy with an aluminum housing with built in cooling fins compared to the 100% plastic assembly of the OEM headlight housings. See Below:

OEM back on TOP / LED Aluminum on Bottom
20240320 090702

LED Front on Top / OEM on Bottom
20240320 090802

Daytime Running Lights with doors closed in shop
20240320 112901

Turn Signal / Hazard Flashers with doors closed in shop
20240320 112949

Low Beam Light with Doors Closed in shop
20240320 113038

High Beam with Doors Closed in shop
20240320 113107

Low Beam with Doors Open and standing outside shop
20240320 113156

High Beam with Doors Open standing outside shop
20240320 113229

I will have to wait until dark to properly adjust, and get a true impression in motion. But I am 95% positive I will not be disappointed at all. Pictures here do not do it justice compared to in person.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I got out tonight to adjust and test the LED Headlights from my above post. After some minor adjustments I can say these lights appear every bit as bright as the OEM LED Headlights selling for twice the price. I am 💯 percent happy with them. They appear 3-4x brighter on low beam than the OEM halogen lights. On high beam they really reach out and illuminated not only straight ahead but a fair amount off to the sides as well.
👍👍👍

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the headlight review. I dropped these in my wish list.

I’m assuming the turn signals just have wires to splice. Our buggy has the sequential TurnPro kit. Can’t remember the details of install but I think there wasn’t any splicing and everything had “factory” connectors. Of course I could cut and splice. Do you think this would work with the sequential kit? Expect I’d pull the kit front blinkers and just use the ones built into these headlights.

I’ll also be installing a kit on my moms buggy soon so may reuse the sequential LED on hers. Not sure where it does the logic to make them scroll though.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well got it broken in good this past weekend ran about 200 miles with @Hondasxs, @TripleB, @Vondy, @Blownzuki, @EMAW, etc. Had a great run hitting several trails none of us have been on before.

No carnage to speak of so Hondasxs was bored and we jumped on Trail 24 in New River Until to Standing Stone 🪨 (Black / Most Difficult rated) we got there but not until we had a 3 hrs. winch fest to go 100 yards. LOL

20240323 170736

20240323 170948

Got about 350 miles on the new Pioneer 1000 very happy with how everything works out.

@TripleB have many great videos and pictures maybe he will share or link them here.

Last edited:
Wisco-Tango

Wisco-Tango

Aug 1, 2022
Fisk, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the headlight review. I dropped these in my wish list.

I’m assuming the turn signals just have wires to splice. Our buggy has the sequential TurnPro kit. Can’t remember the details of install but I think there wasn’t any splicing and everything had “factory” connectors. Of course I could cut and splice. Do you think this would work with the sequential kit? Expect I’d pull the kit front blinkers and just use the ones built into these headlights.

I’ll also be installing a kit on my moms buggy soon so may reuse the sequential LED on hers. Not sure where it does the logic to make them scroll though.
Dropped these in my wish list too. I am interested on how they wire to the turn pro signal kit as well. I dropped some
LED replacement bulbs in my OEM lights for now, but love this integration.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Dropped these in my wish list too. I am interested on how they wire to the turn pro signal kit as well. I dropped some
LED replacement bulbs in my OEM lights for now, but love this integration.
There is two pigtail wires in addition to the OEM plug and play harness (for hi/ low beam). One pigtail goes to key-on power for daytime running lights, the second pigtail taps into the positive wire for each front turn signal, in my case I kept the sequential LEDs from Turn-Pro in place and tapped into it so it all works in unison.

Install video but doesn't show turn signal hook up as too many variables

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you!
Heads up guys, listing shows 2-5 week wait now.

So you left the sequential blinker with these. Interesting. Any particular reason?

Oh man, the way they wired into the fuse box and tapped into the other wire by just twisting together and adding some tape. :oops:
I left the sequential led turn pro lights because I already had them there and they matched right in with the new headlights .

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!