Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So getting ready for Honda Pioneer Round 4 - Picking up a 2024 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe in Black Forest Green on Tuesday 3/12/24

Since getting my first two Pioneers a 2015 P500 & 2016 P1K5D a few months apart in fall of 2015, then going bonkers on them, have learned a lot after having them 5 years and putting 14K miles on them. Learning what works, and what doesn't work so well and what not to do driving them.

Long and storied threads on those two here:

Then in December 2017 got a new 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Limited Edition unlike the prior two, all I added was a windshield, Roof, Hi-Beam LED bar and Auto Backup lights from the HondaSXS store. Drove that machine for over 12K miles with no breakage beyond a few bent tie-rods from driver error.

So now going to try the newest P1K5D with all the revisions made over the past 8 years, looking forward to several years of service from it.

Like I did in fall of 2015 been gathering all my goodies even since May 2023 in prep for getting this machine. Without further ado here is my bombastic list of bolt on, plug in accessories to enhance, and protect the machine & myself out on the trails. Much like the #NTC thread the list is long but distinguished :)

Parts Acquired so far, all items purchased through club store up to the Honda accessory front bumper, which was included with my SXS purchase as part of Honda's $250 Accessory allowance program.

Be sure and hit up @Hondasxs for great prices as an authorized @SuperATV dealer to club members.

Relay / Isolator : 80-AMP Battery Isolator or Relay - Compare to Stinger brand.
Relay Control Switch: Pre-Wired Relay Control Switch for AUX and Key-on usage. For Stinger, Cole Hersee or any.
Fuse Box: Fuse box with negative bus. 6 or 12 fuse unit, includes variety of fuses. FuseBox
Key on Power Pigtail: 2022+ Honda Power ACC pin for Key-on power. Pioneer, Talon
Seat Belt Bypass: Harness accessory seat belt override bypass kit - Honda PIONEER 1000 & 700
High Beam Auto Add a Light: Add-A-Light!, High Beam LED Light Bar for Honda Pioneer 1000.
Plug n Play Auto Backup Light Kit: Plug-n-play Auto Backup Light High Mount Kit for Honda Pioneer 1000 / 700
Work Light Trigger for Auto Backup Light Kit: Work light Trigger for Auto Backup Light Kit - Honda Pioneer 1000 and 700!
Pre-Wired & Lighted Winch in /out switch: Pre-Wired Winch in/out flush mount switch for Honda Pioneer, Talon.
Lighted Headlight Switch Plug n Play: Lighted Headlight Switch Retrofit for Honda Pioneer 1000 - Plug-n-Play
Quick Charge USB 3.0 w/ LED Voltmeter: Quick Charge 3.0 Dual USB Rocker Switch w/LED Voltmeter
P1K Oversized switch adapter: Honda Pioneer 1000/700 Oversized Switch Adapter Honda Pioneer 1000
Viper V2 Wide-spool 6000 Winch: Viper V2 UTV Widespool Winch - a NEW GENERATION OF VIPER!
Viper UTV Winch Mount Plate: Viper UTV Winch Mount Plate - Honda
TurnPro Plug N Play Sequential LED Turn Signal Kit w/ Horn & Hazard: NEW - Honda Pioneer 520 / 700 / 1000 Models Plug & Play Signal System

SuperATV P1K MaxDrive Power Flip Windshield: https://www.superatv.com/honda-pioneer-1000-maxdrive-power-flip-windshield
SuperATV P1K Tinted Roof: https://www.superatv.com/honda-pioneer-1000-tinted-roof-group
SuperATV P1K5 Rear Flip Tinted Windshield: https://www.superatv.com/honda-pioneer-1000-5-rear-windshield
SuperATV P1K Full SkidPlate ½”: https://www.superatv.com/honda-pioneer-1000-full-skid-plate
SuperATV P1K5 Workmaster Rear Bumper: https://www.superatv.com/honda-pioneer-1000-5-workmaster-rear-bumper
LED Headlights w/ DRL & Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CRR4RHW4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Factory UTV P1K (2022+) UHMW A-Arm Guards: Honda Pioneer (2022+) UHMW A-Arm Guards
Honda Front Bumper P1K 2022+ PART # 08P71-HL4-AK0: https://dreamshop.honda.com/s/?divisionId=3&modelid=SXS10M5DR
Kemimoto UTV Rear Mirror: Amazon.com
Kemimoto Rear Bed non-skid rubber Liner: Amazon.com
Kemimoto UTV Dome Light: Amazon.com

Items on the short list to still get:
Kemimoto Soft Mid /Rear Panel Net: Amazon.com
Tires – BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 UTV 28x9x14: BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM3 Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Big Ole Pile o Parts:

20240304 172429

20240305 170812

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Cool beans.
Just my personal opinion but this is the P1K big H should have sold you from the get go.

Looking forward to ridding with you (and not being embarrassed)
Even rolling in the newest Superwankeydyne P1K will not improve my gravel road wheelin skillz 😆😆😆

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey if this one also identifies as a 50" machine you'll be ready to hit the trails in Utah right?
Sure can't turn out any worse than Colorado 2019, 11,200 feet at 2AM

On a serious note P520's I want are snapped up as soon as listed. Eventually I will get the one I want at a price I'm willing to pay.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Tinkering around with a piece of P1K OEM skid plate. Bolting my electric components to it. Hoping to be able to make it fit on a level spot such as above battery or behind air pre-filter lid.

80 Amp Isolater, Fuse box, and Relay for 6K Viper V2 winch. Material is easy to work with and non-conductive. Going to be a long 5 days before picking up the Pioneer on Tuesday.

20240307 155913

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So when I get home around 2:30PM with the new Pioneer, wife says I haven't eaten yet let go grab something. LOL So I literally roll it off the trailer into the shop and away we went. Didn't get home until 6pm and have a chance to do much this evening, fitted the plastic plate under hood. Roughed in wiring for Isolator switch, USB ports, winch, and windshield actuators. Then got the winch, OEM extended bumper and add a light high beam light bar installed. By then 11pm and I was wore out from all the contortionist maneuvering to get the damn winch on with bolts 2 threads too short. Would it kill those MF to include bolts 1/4" longer 😖.

Too dark for good pictures but here is the before and after of getting the plate cut to fit without any electrical stuff bolted to it.

20240312 174213

20240312 174249

20240312 174255

20240312 174326

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
OK got around to snapping a few pictures, the wires in the background are not tidied up yet as I have the lighted headlight switch, work light / reverse over-ride switch, and TurnPro turn signal kit to install tomorrow.

Complete OEM under the hood as from factory:
20240312 174321

Plate installed with 80 Amp relay, 12 position fuse box, Winch Relay, & misc. wiring:
20240313 192926

The ugly angle / untied wires behind (work in progress)
20240313 192910

Front Bumper, Viper V2 6K Winch, & Add a light / auto high bean 12' light bar from club store, installed from last night:
20240313 193058

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So after about 20 hours over 3 days of cussin, discussin, head scratching, and a lot of sore muscles (I'm a softie not used to being on concrete all day) got most everything installed.

By far the most time consuming task was the routing of wires, making the electrical connections (even though 95% was simply plug and play. After scratching and cutting my fat arms up trying to access the OEM switches (Replace headlight rocker switch with a lighted one) and remove the three generic ON/OFF oversize rockers, I decided to try an alternative non destructive removal method.

I took a long shaft flat blade screw driver and ground it down flat like a thick feeler gauge and inserted it carefully from the cabin side to depress the rockers retaining tabs. It worked out good just have to be careful.
20240314 102809
20240314 102818
20240314 102832
20240314 102835
20240314 102853

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I didn't bother taking pictures of each install, I was too worn out and much of my time was in poor lighting for pictures. So here is the end result. Only have 5 miles on it, need to hit the trails. I think I'm really going to like the tinted SuperATV roof, not sure how it will look after several muddy rides though 🤨
20240316 105115
20240316 105134

Really liking the SATV MaxDrive Power Flip windshield, can open it to any position and ride with it adjusting for coverage or air to personal preference.
20240316 105300
20240316 105317
20240316 105329
20240316 105338
20240316 105358
20240316 105405
20240316 105500
20240316 105512

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
One of the most confusing things I ran across was installing the @SuperATV Skid Plates on my 2024 Pioneer 1000-5. Now I know they have it all set up to be universal for all years of P1000's, but given the considerable differences in 2022+ models they really need to offer a completely updated product for the current and future models.

The 2022+ have enhanced underbelly coverage that is a vast improvement for many owners, however the rocks where I live require heavy duty stuff to fully protect the undercarriage.

OEM Underbelly 2024 P1K5D - Note the Sides have some protection were non-existent prior to 2022 MY
20240314 121752

Each side plate is secured by 7 bolts, ALL OEM holes with threads or welded nuts are circled in ORANGE - NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THESE HOLES WERE USED????

All holes required to attach the @SuperATV skid plates are circled in YELLOW with Rivnuts installed.

WHY couldn't the product be updated to use the OEM holes only a few inches away. had to drill 9 holes instead of just 2???
Skid Plate OEM vs SATV Holes

When it was all said and done pretty sure there was 44 bolts to secure all 4 sections of the SATV skid plate which DID NOT USE 26 OEM attachment locations of 32 that were present. Not mad or disappointed, just pointing out one size fits all, while cost efficient for the manufacturer, is not best for the end user experience. Just my observation.

That said, skid plates are very securely attached and all drain holes are in proper locations and large enough to easily service the machine. Note SATV doesn't offer A-Arm guard, so went with FUTV (Factory UTV) brand, they installed in 20 minutes and are equally rugged.

The full Monty:
20240316 121915

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here are my thoughts on the following items purchased through the @Hondasxs store:

Overall - Every Pre-wired item was very high quality and most all were truly plug and play into the OEM wire harness.

For those considering a battery disconnect and or dual battery setup, these four items make it super simple as a complete foundation to add all other electrical accessories to.

Relay / Isolator : 80-AMP Battery Isolator or Relay - Compare to Stinger brand.
Relay Control Switch: Pre-Wired Relay Control Switch for AUX and Key-on usage. For Stinger, Cole Hersee or any.
Fuse Box: Fuse box with negative bus. 6 or 12 fuse unit, includes variety of fuses. FuseBox
Key on Power Pigtail: 2022+ Honda Power ACC pin for Key-on power. Pioneer, Talon

The Pre-Wired Relay control switch is the secret sauce for total ease of use and choosing the three options of:
1. OFF - Complete Battery disconnect - eliminated any chance of parasitic battery drain.
2. Key-On power - Just as it says everything is energized and key is turned on.
3. ON - Everything can be used without Key-on or engine running.

I was considering just the 6 spot fuse box instead of the 12, glad I opted for the 12 position, when all finished I had used 9 of the 12 positions feeding key on power to all my added components.

These three accessories could not be easier to set-up and use, literally plug into existing OEM lighting system for quick effective additional lighting front and rear.

High Beam Auto Add a Light Plug-N-Play: Add-A-Light!, High Beam LED Light Bar for Honda Pioneer 1000.
Auto Backup Light Kit Plug-N-Play: Plug-n-play Auto Backup Light High Mount Kit for Honda Pioneer 1000 / 700
Work Light Trigger for Auto Backup Light Kit: Work light Trigger for Auto Backup Light Kit - Honda Pioneer 1000 and 700!

The high beam add-a-light is a very bright 12" light bar that mounts to either the front bumper or the fairlead mount, tucked in out of the way from trail debris, snaps right into the headlight harness a few inches from the Coolant fill port under the hood. Literally a 5 minute install.

The auto backup light kit plugs right into the factory backup alarm wiring plug just above the oil filter location, from there route the harness up the B-pillar, back the top drivers side then across the back, the included OEM style clamps snap on in seconds. This install can be done in approximately 15 minutes with ease. To get the most out of this accessory I highly recommend the Work Light Trigger for the Auto backup kit. This pre wired plug-n-play switch and harness lets you kick on the rear light on demand or set to auto on with reverse. While plugging into the OEM connectors with ease, the recommended harness routing follows the OEM main wiring harness, starting up front, go down the passenger side, then up and across the sub transmission area to the drivers side, then back to the Backup plug above the Oil Filter cover. I followed this method and the length was perfect.

Install note in this item, it is super helpful to have skid plates off and raise front of machine up to follow the OEM harness from front to back giving full view and access to the areas you need without crawling all over the machine.

You have an OEM headlight switch but can't find it in the dark? Well then this is the answer:

Lighted Headlight Switch Plug n Play: Lighted Headlight Switch Retrofit for Honda Pioneer 1000 - Plug-n-Play

The above switch is the OEM lighted version for another MY and trim level and has been re-wired to plug into the current wiring harness. Works great and you can now see your headlight switch.

TurnPro Plug N Play Sequential LED Turn Signal Kit w/ Horn & Hazard: NEW - Honda Pioneer 520 / 700 / 1000 Models Plug & Play Signal System

This turn signal kit with horn, hazard, and sequential LEDs up front are great, all connectors plug right into factory harness using rear LED tail lights for turn signal and hazard flasher, the front LEDs are very nice, surprisingly bright, and easy to attach.

Install note - if going to add the work light trigger above, run them both at the same time and save yourself 30 minutes of securing wiring harnesses, they follow the exact same route keeping all wiring tidy and away from moving components and heat.

Viper V2 Wide-spool 6000 Winch: Viper V2 UTV Widespool Winch - a NEW GENERATION OF VIPER!
Viper UTV Winch Mount Plate: Viper UTV Winch Mount Plate - Honda

This item fits great on the Pioneer 1000 and the ONLY issue is the guy at MotoAlliance who is responsible for the hardware kit coming with their winches. Would it kill you to include bolts 1/4" longer bolts than currently so you can start the damn threads with both the included washers on each bolt ?!?!?!?! Because of the aforementioned it is a royal PITA even with two people to try an mount the winch to the winch plate, 5 minute job can take an hour, or 20 minutes if you get smart and stick the U-bolts in first, than mount the winch to the plate, then attach everything to the frame bass-ackwards of the included directions.

One item I did not have much enthusiasm for that far exceeded my expectations was this $24 Kemimoto dome light. There are multiple versions, but this one linked below has a Li-on battery or can be hard wired and remove at will from ROPS with a big Velcro strap and rubber base, the main part is cast aluminum. This thing is super bright on highest setting and a simple 30 degree rotation light up front or rear completely.

Kemimoto UTV Dome Light: Amazon.com

I made a short 5 mile run late last night and I swear the OEM headlights were dimmer than a Dollar-Tree flashlight. I intended to replace the bulbs with 20K lumen LED bulbs but ran across this LED headlight set for $220. They have LED high beam, low beam really bright Daytime Running Lights and Turn Signals, Plug-N-Play into the OEM wire harness and turn signals work with the Turn Pro turn signal kit, verified by a purchaser on Amazon review of these headlights. These come in Tuesday and can't wait to try them out:

LED Headlights w/ DRL & Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CRR4RHW4/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Note install of these above are much easier (6 bolts per side & mudguard clips) VS the $400 Honda LED Headlights - 41 steps in the instruction (I think you have to remove everything but the rear differential)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!