Talon jasond's Talon 1000R

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Added the Swamp Donkey overhead radio system with dome light and LED backlit speakers.

A21D2FAA 2EAE 481F B01C 3A4FCCDD1072 2372D5CB B8B6 4FF1 A2B7 5670BD21EC85 7CC98FD4 D841 46D6 8818 ACB5D9D7728B C46725B6 2716 460E A69C 26650F01B42C D17E9BDA A098 475F AA2B 48ABFCB482C7

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
are you keeping the stock cage?

For now I am. I want to wait a little while and see some options as people build them before I decide on one.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Added L&W Fab upper and lower billet radius rods (and did a little Mother's polish on them to give them some luster), L&W Fab winch mount, SATV 4500 lb winch from L&W, 30" whips from Booger Whips, and corner storage bags. I'll be adding L&W billet tie rods as well and then uploading some videos on their products as well for a more detailed look.

However, if you're considering anything that L&W is offering right now I would 110% recommend their stuff. The radius rods are beefy as all get out and really easy to install and the winch mount fitment really impressed me as well.

IMG 0381 IMG 0382 IMG 0383 IMG 0392 IMG 0393 IMG 0394 IMG 0395

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Talon video #4 is on the channel for the harness install:

Reactions: Ragnar406
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Another new video going in-depth on my accessory wiring setup:

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
New video for the L&W Fab winch mount kit and SuperATV 4500 lb winch:

IMG 0366 IMG 0395

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
in video you talked about using "honda" battery cable to WINCH selinoid. Is that part of Honda winch kit, a cable that Honda already has there for winch or just the factory battery cable. I have not received my unit yet and am trying to get prepared for winch install Thanks

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
in video you talked about using "honda" battery cable to WINCH selinoid. Is that part of Honda winch kit, a cable that Honda already has there for winch or just the factory battery cable. I have not received my unit yet and am trying to get prepared for winch install Thanks
The talon is pre wired with a large guage + and - to the front under the drivers dash for a winch or could use for dual battery. This is what he is talking about.

The + needs to be connected at the battery. The - is already grounded.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The talon is pre wired with a large guage + and - to the front under the drivers dash for a winch or could use for dual battery. This is what he is talking about.

The + needs to be connected at the battery. The - is already grounded.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Correct. Honda pre-wires the Talon with the positive and negative wires. The positive wire runs from inside the battery box up to the front under the dash, but is not connected to the battery so you’ll need to connect it to the positive battery terminal. You’ll find each end of the positive wire with blue electrical tape. The end of the wire that’s inside of the battery box will be tucked behind the components found inside your battery box so you’ll have to do a little maneuvering to get it exposed.

The negative wire is already grounded so you’ll only need to remove the electrical tape from the end of the black wire found underneath the dash and then connect both wires to your winch solenoid (assuming you’re wanting to put it under the dash).

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The latest video is up on my channel now for the L&W Fab tie rods. Super nice pieces and very straightforward install...just make sure you do yourself a favor and get a $20 ball joint separator from Harbor Freight and it'll make removing the tie rod ends a breeze. It can also be used on a-arm ball joints if you ever need to remove them.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
do you think you have enough clearance with the 14" wheels to the calipers etc so that Rocks won't screw up inside of wheels? I am looking at STI HD9 with 6/1 offset but worried about the inside?

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
do you think you have enough clearance with the 14" wheels to the calipers etc so that Rocks won't screw up inside of wheels? I am looking at STI HD9 with 6/1 offset but worried about the inside?

I can't say for sure to be honest. I'm going to sell my 5+2 offset setup to narrow my machine back closer to stock for some tighter trails I ride. I was able to get everywhere with them, but I'd prefer to be a bit narrower so it's not such a squeeze and it'll make fitment in my enclosed trailer a bit better.

I think I'm going to opt for a different set of tires to use on my stock wheels until I find a beadlock I like with a factory offset. Raceline does offer the Mamba Beadlock Race in a 15" wheel with a 5+1 offset (yes, a 6" wheel) and if a guy wanted to use spacers or get a different offset for the rear that would work as well.

If you end up getting the 14" 6+1 setup please report back on how they fit.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I will. I have a single STI HD9 14" 6-1 offset setting here, but dealer backed off my delivery till late next week. Can't do test fit without car LOL

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Video is up for the L&W Fab radius rods. I’ve had these on for a while and they’re awesome. 10/10 recommend:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!