BOX1

Talon jasond's Talon 1000R

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It’s a very nice, quality piece. It fits like it should and if you get one just make sure you do the lateral adjustment before reassembling the console so that the shift lever moves freely in all positions.

I think they’re doing a Labor Day sale for a discount right now if you check their social media.
Thanks, just ordered and wheel bearing grease tool.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Updated post #57 with a new video on my channel of the PRP seats install.

I'm really happy with these seats and they're one of those night and day upgrades over stock in terms of comfort.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Added a few new things:

• Tower speaker/accessory bar to span the gap behind the seats to mount tower speakers, reverse pod lights, and eventually a spare tire mount. AED Offroad Fabrication made this for me.
  • SSV Works speaker pods and a JL Audio MX600/3 amplifier to expand on my Swamp Donkey sound system. I'm still waiting on some connectors for my speaker wires to the pods, but they're roughed in for now. Whenever someone finally releases a subwoofer enclosure I'll also run the sub off of the JL amp sub channel. I'm super impressed with how compact this amp is and what it can do.
  • Factory UTV 3/8" skid plate. Honda missed BAD on how low the oil pan and sub-transmission are in the frame. This mod is in preparation for a trip to Harlan, Kentucky (Black Mountain Offroad Park) and Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, Tennessee. Those areas are extremely rocky and I didn't want to cut my weekends cut short with a cracked oil pan/transmission.
IMG 1602 IMG 1603 IMG 1604 IMG 1605 IMG 1634 IMG 1637 IMG 1638 IMG 1639 IMG 1640 IMG 1642 IMG 1643 IMG 1644 58985621883  9B91FA3E 31DB 4F42 88B3 8FC58BA052E8

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Reactions: Morris1219
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Yes, I’ve got the ATU front and rear tender springs on my R. I’ve been intentionally holding out on providing feedback until I get a good sample size of riding on them.

However, I’ve got a decent variety of riding on them since installation and I can offer an opinion on them:

• Are they a drastic, night & day ride quality improvement over stock?
    • No, BUT these are a marginal improvement and for the price point they’re okay. They’re not bad and at the same time they’re not anything to write home about. Again, you’re not receiving – nor are you paying for – a full upper/lower spring and revalve type of ride quality improvement.
    • I don’t do enough high speed riding to really give valuable feedback on body roll, but it doesn’t seem as planted while road riding to me after installing the springs. However, don’t misinterpret that as if it feels unsafe or out of control – to me it just doesn’t feel as planted as the stock setup. That could very well have something to do with me running 32s and increasing my ride height, though, and since I primarily ride slow speed trails this is relatively unimportant to me.
  • What they do well:
    • They are an improvement in small chatter and do seem to feel a bit less harsh at slow speeds. If you’ve ridden a RZR XP it’s still not quite that plush, but it is a bit more plush than the stock Talon R setup.
    • Ride height, in my opinion, is my biggest benefit from these springs. Between the springs and 32s I’ve got my machine sitting up nicely and have plenty of ground clearance (16.5” front and 16” rear without additional gear loaded and me in the machine).
  • Overall impressions:
    • It’s a decent kit. I don’t have anything distinctly bad to say, but I also wouldn’t urge you to go buy them ASAP. If you’re trying to significantly modify the ride quality I’d recommend keeping the $250 and putting it toward something like a setup from Shock Therapy. Classic case of you get what you pay for.
Jason, I got my atu tenders on yesterday and went with 2 1/4 inch of preload in the front and 2 3/4 preload in the rear and i ended up with 18 inches ground clearance in the front and 16 in the rear with 32 inch tires. Now i need to decide whether to add preload to the rear or take some out of the front. Will probably take some out of the front. Ride and handling characteristics are about as you described.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
IMG 5142
Jason, I got my atu tenders on yesterday and went with 2 1/4 inch of preload in the front and 2 3/4 preload in the rear and i ended up with 18 inches ground clearance in the front and 16 in the rear with 32 inch tires. Now i need to decide whether to add preload to the rear or take some out of the front. Will probably take some out of the front. Ride and handling characteristics are about as you described.
OK disregard above statement...UPDATE...Increased the preload on the rear shocks 5 turns, rear crossovers are 2 inches from the top and front crossovers are now all the way to the top. Ground clearance is 17.5 in front and 17.0 in rear. Front was measured where the bottom A-arm mounts to the frame and the rear was measured at the bottom of the tow hook at the rear of the machine. The ride is perfect for me, nice and soft at slow speeds over studder bumps and wash board and still handles ditches and just soaks them up. Handling around corners has a little roll in it but seems about the same as it was stock, rolls just a bit and then holds and after you realize that it is just transfering to the main spring and then holds steady your all good. Have not had the opportunity to test on continuous high speed whoops yet but i did get to do that when the suspension was still in its stock configuration and it was Phenomenal!!! Hope it still handles the Whoops like that! Overall I am ecstatic, got it Perfect for me.

Last edited:
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Added a JEI Offroad bed extender today. Great fitment and a quality made accessory.

It should allow for me to take my Honda cargo bag and a Yeti 35 now in the bed with no issues after I get a piece made to level up the cooler in the back.

E1590B14 C54A 488F AC36 6AF31D526861 77EC7AF7 DE1B 4D24 86E2 EE215C4ED5D2 78B7E1AF 8DE6 40C8 A1B6 F5E10429CC2E CED5B5E8 F3BC 4E83 85EA DF5A7D880E39 6ACA2B9F 6A5E 4B85 B277 703AB3164661

Last edited:
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I really like the idea of having more storage. The JEI is a nice looking piece. Is it difficult to reach the stuff in the Honda bag? Concerns me that with 32's and the extra height of the Bandit tender springs it might be especially hard to access the bag.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I really like the idea of having more storage. The JEI is a nice looking piece. Is it difficult to reach the stuff in the Honda bag? Concerns me that with 32's and the extra height of the Bandit tender springs it might be especially hard to access the bag.

It honestly depends on your height and what you’d have in front of the bag. The Yeti shown is a Tundra 35 and it makes things right with the bag, but I can still get into it if needed. I’m 6’2”, though, so I guess that’s another thing to consider.

An Ozark Trail 26 cooler or a Yeti Roadie 20 would fit much better and leave more space to access the bag zippers.

Reactions: TerryH
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Changed up my light bar setup a bit and went with the Rokblokz mounts and a Nilight 41” single row light bar.

The mounts are really nice, but are about $20 overpriced IMO. Regardless, they meet my needs and keep the light bar at the front roofline so I can’t complain too much.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019XS8BKK/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Honda Talon SxS, LED Light Bar Mounts/Brackets

They also work with my SATV half windshield and the EMP full vented windshield with a small amount of trimming using a jigsaw.

0C055B1E F5C8 44E3 8A4F 574D90B19029 D58A4B2F 1E3F 4CBD 95F6 B0FC4653CF3F 33123178 B6B9 4351 89B1 E1B75AB54844 C060D28C 813B 4509 9548 B4F0FF7E609D

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Those brackets make for a really clean looking install. The price though.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Those brackets make for a really clean looking install. The price though.

Yep they’re not cheap. I looked and looked and there’s just nothing out there other than these right now and I don’t have the time to make my own set and make them look presentable.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This video has been in the works for a while, but I finally got it uploaded. I wanted to wait until it got cold to put the heater to the test (even without an enclosure) and I'd definitely recommend this if you're wanting to add heat to your machine.

The only issue I've encountered has been very minor. I had a slow drip from the wye fitting on the engine side and I ended up just needing to change the hose clamps to get it to seal up tighter and stop the drip. Information on that is in the video toward the end.

Note: If you do decide to buy one of these pay attention to the links in the video description and below the video in this post. Those supplies will make sure you've got what you need to do the install.

Inferno Heater Link: Inferno Cab Heater for Honda Talon 1000 - Side By Side Stuff

2.5" Hole Saw Link for Vent Cutouts: Milwaukee 2-1/2 in. Hole Dozer Bi-Metal Hole Saw-49-56-9631 - The Home Depot

Hole Saw Arbor: Milwaukee 7/16 in. Quick Change Large Hole Saw Arbor W/ Pilot Drill Bit-49-56-7240 - The Home Depot

Heater Hose Pinch Off Pliers (2x): https://amazon.com/gp/product/B000O3NACS/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Honda Pro HP Coolant (4x): Pro Honda HP Coolant Type-2

Hose Clamps I used on the engine side wye fitting to stop the coolant drip: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B078BRJK8Z/?tag=sxsweb24-20

C

CVtalon

May 30, 2019
Central California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My PRP GT3 seats came in today. I got them installed with a very minor issue with the driver’s side brackets. Had to do a small amount of trimming, but nothing too serious and everything fits great after the minor trimming.

Update: Embedding video:

View attachment 152259 View attachment 152260 View attachment 152261 View attachment 152262 View attachment 152263 View attachment 152264 View attachment 152265
Great video. I’m 6’3” 230lbs with a 34” inseam. How’s leg room now? My biggest complaint with stock setup is my right knee hits the center console. I’m also concerned about raising the seating position when going with the aftermarket cage that would be shorter than the stock unit

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Great video. I’m 6’3” 230lbs with a 34” inseam. How’s leg room now? My biggest complaint with stock setup is my right knee hits the center console. I’m also concerned about raising the seating position when going with the aftermarket cage that would be shorter than the stock unit

Sounds like we’ve got a very similar frame except I’m 6’2”. They’re not going to increase your legroom, but the improvement in overall comfort is worth the trade off in my opinion.

You will sit higher, but do keep in mind that these seat bases have a ton of squish to them and you’ll sit “into” the seat a lot more than stock.

If the extra wide model would fit into the Talon I would’ve gone with them. If you like a little wiggle room on the side leg bolsters you may want to opt for the GT/SE’s.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been extra interested in doing a suspension seat in my X, so when I saw you post I was very excited. I ran out and used your pics for reference to my stock seats. It’s really looks like it lifts the fronts of the seat a lot. Looking forward to hearing your input after getting some serious seat time on yours. I’m only 5’10” so leg room and head height is as big of a deal. But still looks like you are raised a decent 1.5”
Ca4d275895754805e9ba103cc95533b3
f78f6283eddc046457ffa480c7049f45.jpg

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!