P1000 JEI Off-Road..

M

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow
I just got around to mounting a spare tire rack that I purchased for my 1000-5. It went together nicely and looks great but the bolts on the tire receiver are a full 1/8”. I called them and told them about and they did everything but make it right. JEI said that it was laser cut and that it had never happened before. I emailed pictures and have yet to hear back. So I decided to drill out the holes slightly on the tires to make it work. I won’t be doing anymore business with JEI off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got around to mounting a spare tire rack that I purchased for my 1000-5. It went together nicely and looks great but the bolts on the tire receiver are a full 1/8”. I called them and told them about and they did everything but make it right. JEI said that it was laser cut and that it had never happened before. I emailed pictures and have yet to hear back. So I decided to drill out the holes slightly on the tires to make it work. I won’t be doing anymore business with JEI off-road.

Thanks for the report. I was considering their steel tailgate with spare tire mount. Let us know if they step up.

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep if they won't backup their products they sell then I won't be buying from them. Hope they will set up.

Reactions: Remington
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
Can you clarify what you mean by "a full 1/8 inch".
What exactly is a 1/8"?

That's fairly small to be a tire stud to hold a wheel. The Pioneer takes 12mm studs which is just under 1/2".
Thanks.

Reactions: Remington and JTW
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not following what the problem. Rather than bash the product, can you take some time to explain the issue?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not following what the problem. Rather than bash the product, can you take some time to explain the issue?
Sounds like the studs were 1/8 too big I'm assuming?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Any pics of the issue? You’re the first person I’ve ever heard have anything negative to say about their products.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any pics of the issue? You’re the first person I’ve ever heard have anything negative to say about their products.
Then u haven’t heard from me! Lol. They seem like nice guys and I met them at the takeover 2 years ago. I bought that rack cuz it was cheaper and they said better built product. I Didn’t have the tire stud issue like stated above but did have a fuel can mount holes not right so I had to drill them out so the fuel pax would fit. Then on trail everyone behind me said both pins were sliding out to the top and the tire carrier was bouncing like crazy. I contacted them that he sent out some new longer pins free of charge and said give us feed back on them and will try and make things right to improve our product. , good service right? That’s when it ended. I had issues after riding a bit more with the ears on the clamps bending from the bouncing single bar. When I emailed about the problem, they said to bend the ears of the clamp back with pliers and put a bolt with a lock but in it instead of a pin to secure it and left it as that! Well that was now a weak ear after bending it back and I’d also now have to remove a bolt with a socket and wrench when I wanted to remove the so called at ease removal system. Didn’t sound like the kinda guys and service from before, was more of a half ass move u along solution. After riding a while the way they suggested with no better results. I took it off and got one from @Moses at Brick City Fab and never looked back! Not bashing JEI just wasn’t happy with there half ass solution. Almost like they didn’t care anymore. Sorry for the long explanation.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Then u haven’t heard from me! Lol. They seem like nice guys and I met them at the takeover 2 years ago. I bought that rack cuz it was cheaper and they said better built product. I Didn’t have the tire stud issue like stated above but did have a fuel can mount holes not right so I had to drill them out so the fuel pax would fit. Then on trail everyone behind me said both pins were sliding out to the top and the tire carrier was bouncing like crazy. I contacted them that he sent out some new longer pins free of charge and said give us feed back on them and will try and make things right to improve our product. , good service right? That’s when it ended. I had issues after riding a bit more with the ears on the clamps bending from the bouncing single bar. When I emailed about the problem, they said to bend the ears of the clamp back with pliers and put a bolt with a lock but in it instead of a pin to secure it and left it as that! Well that was now a weak ear after bending it back and I’d also now have to remove a bolt with a socket and wrench when I wanted to remove the so called at ease removal system. Didn’t sound like the kinda guys and service from before, was more of a half ass move u along solution. After riding a while the way they suggested with no better results. I took it off and got one from @Moses at Brick City Fab and never looked back! Not bashing JEI just wasn’t happy with there half ass solution. Almost like they didn’t care anymore. Sorry for the long explanation.
Nope.. interesting!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the bed extender with rotopax, it came with 1 lock pin. Well it flexed enough that it would pop out with the weight of the fuel and bounce. I contacted them and of course it has never done that had 2 buy a 2nd pin at the tune of about $20. It fixed it, and has held up great after 3 yrs, but after spending $500+ they should of mailed me a pin at no charge.

advertisement
M

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow
Hi,
Can you clarify what you mean by "a full 1/8 inch".
What exactly is a 1/8"?

That's fairly small to be a tire stud to hold a wheel. The Pioneer takes 12mm studs which is just under 1/2".
Thanks.

The distance between the bolts is supposed to be 5 and 1/4 inches apart. The one they sent is 5 and 3/8 inches

5 and 3/8 minus 5 and 2/8 = 1/8”. They are 1/2 inch studs.

M

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow

I too fixed the issue. I drilled the holes on my spare wheel a little bit. Now it slides on and off correctly. I chose to go that route instead of trying to deal with them. I did email them pictures and have yet to here back from them.

My issue is not that they wouldn’t stand behind there product. Had I persisted I am sure that they would of corrected it, kicking and screaming the whole way. My issue is how they talked to me when I came to them with a problem.

Hearing you say that the bolt pattern for your gas can was off further proves that they occasionally make mistakes. No problem. The problem lies in how they go about correcting these mistakes. 2 clips is far cheaper than the return shipping on such and item. They got off easy if you ask me. Personally I won’t buy from them again.

M

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow
Sounds like the studs were 1/8 too big I'm assuming?

No too far apart. The bolt pattern calls for the studs to be 5 and 1/4 inches apart. The part that they sent is 5 and 3/8 inches. 1/8 inch might not seem like much but it makes a big difference when you are trying to line up and slide the tire on.

J

JTW

No too far apart. The bolt pattern calls for the studs to be 5 and 1/4 inches apart. The part that they sent is 5 and 3/8 inches. 1/8 inch might not seem like much but it makes a big difference when you are trying to line up and slide the tire on.

I know I’d pay big money for an extra 1/8th inch! Hell, that would damn near double what I’m working with! My wife wouldn’t have to ask if I was in!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I know I’d pay big money for an extra 1/8th inch! Hell, that would damn near double what I’m working with! My wife wouldn’t have to ask if I was in!
I have that problem too! The “curse” they call it! Lmao

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The studs that you mount the spare tire to are too far apart. They were very rude when I came to them with this problem. That’s where the issue lies with me.

10-4.
Your talking the lug pattern. 4/136.
Just didn't understand from the original post.

And hell no. I would not be drilling my wheels at all. Spare or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

N

Nickanto

May 29, 2019
Central Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I messaged them on Facebook and emailed them questions about their products and couldn't get a response either way. I'm guessing the guys that run that company aren't very tech savvy. Pretty easy to respond to a message on your phone these days.

Reactions: Moses
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actullay 5 3/8" comes out to 136.5mm. Maybe I missed something but it sounds like they have it correct. 5.25" is 133.4 mm. Just checking because I was looking at their products myself.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I messaged them on Facebook and emailed them questions about their products and couldn't get a response either way. I'm guessing the guys that run that company aren't very tech savvy. Pretty easy to respond to a message on your phone these days.
It took them a few days to get back last year with mine. It’s jut 2 guys that run the company I believe.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!