Joe's 2019 1000X Build

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
Had the talon a full year now and finally getting around to making a built thread.
It didn't take long after they released the Talon that I started finally shopping for my first SXS. Coming from a 2013 Foreman it was a big investment and an even bigger upgrade. I kept the foreman for obvious reasons, but the Talon gets way more use.

For starters I live in Illinois and ride tight trails that were primarily cut for 4 wheeler use. The X was a good fit for my needs, being narrower and having a better turning radius.

So far I have added:
EMP front glass windshield with wiper- Wiper needs some work, it doesn't cover enough area. I'll get around to fixing that sooner or later.
SuperATV rear plexiglass - good product.
GForce Offroad 4 point harness- first experience with running a harness. They were priced right and hold you in.
CAtech shift gate- I can't say how much I appreciate this product. checked the shift cable when installing it, no adjustment needed.
Blackops 4500 winch- impressed so far.
Custom front bumper- The honda OEM bumpers were priced well, but cheaply made
Custom rear bumper- I wanted protection for my tail lights
Custom tree kickers- Again, Honda didn't seem to use the best materials available.
M1 Evil 30" tires- Love the tread pattern for what I do.
Raceline Krank 14" wheels- I may crack one if a rock gets hung between the wheel and "enter component here" but I'll risk it.
SuperATV 1/2" skid plate- bought used, couldn't pass it up. Well made product. I won't regret the investment.
Bandit Offroad tender springs- not sure how much they help but they aren't springbound like factory.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
20191021 163949

Day zero.

Oilfieldtrash

Oilfieldtrash

Lifetime Member
Sep 28, 2019
Illinois
Ownership

1. Talon X
20200908 165351

I'm closing in on 300 miles at this point. I know, most of you probably racked up that many miles over the weekend. But working offshore I'm not home but 28 days at a time. So I don't get out as much as I would care to. But I took the time to go riding at Heartland Lodge in Nebo, Illinois this last time home. It's a really good spot with some good trails and plenty of open riding. We had the place to ourselves while I was there.
I want to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. Several of my purchases, including the Talon, were based on your opinions and reviews.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!