TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After a few different set ups, I trailer mine with the windshield closed, and the rear panel vented. Your wind dynamics may be different.

Not sure about Windrock specific fees, I have the (annual) TN hunting license required to ride buggies there. They sometimes require a WMA hunting license as well to ride. Hoping the TN guys can shed some light on this. Also wondering about coolers and trail pops.

This will be my first time to Windrock, though I've been to the prison and to the train (during the annual Takeover trip to Royal Blue).

Looking forward to it!
You have to have a Windrock permit for each person in the vehicle. No alcohol or guns allowed. They will check your cooler coming in from Oliver springs on the 2 main trails most weekends. I've only been stopped twice in probably 20 trips in the last 3 years or so by the same guy and he only checked my permit and not my cooler. If you're gonna drink, have a cooler they can check and another cooler/cooler bag that has all the goodies. Also would be best if you poured your beer in a cup in case you get stopped, so you don't have to try and hide beer cans and s***. Don't open carry your gun either. They will make you pour your alcohol out if they find any. If you refuse they will revoke your permit. It's not as bad as it sounds but you wanna take precautions to avoid conflict. I know a few that have been banned for alcohol. Or if you wanna be an outlaw, don't buy your permit. When you see a permit checker pull up, just get in you buggy and drive away. They won't chase you lol. I know a few that uses that strategy.

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
No alcohol or guns allowed. Don't open carry your gun either. Or if you wanna be an outlaw, don't buy your permit. When you see a permit checker pull up, just get in you buggy and drive away. They won't chase you lol. I know a few that uses that strategy.
I'm glad you mentioned no guns allowed. I guess since it's private property they can do that. In a group I'm not too concerned but if was riding solo.... Don't really drink anymore so that's not a problem. Never been a trouble maker. I follow the rules so can relax and not worry about anything. Thanks for the heads up though.

Have you thought anymore about where to meet? Sounds like a Jeep thing going on so take your advice and stay away from Oliver Springs. Am I correct you're going to be our guide? Thanks....Pat

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I know some friends who were following someone who took off when security tried to stop them. Not knowing what was going on my friends took off as well. I'm not sure of the details but they ended up being banned from windrock for life.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm glad you mentioned no guns allowed. I guess since it's private property they can do that. In a group I'm not too concerned but if was riding solo.... Don't really drink anymore so that's not a problem. Never been a trouble maker. I follow the rules so can relax and not worry about anything. Thanks for the heads up though.

Have you thought anymore about where to meet? Sounds like a Jeep thing going on so take your advice and stay away from Oliver Springs. Am I correct you're going to be our guide? Thanks....Pat
I will be anything you want me to be lol. I have zero worries about the gun thing. Just don't flash it around. It's just to cover their ass in case there is a shooting. Locals still deer and hog hunt windrock with guns even though they aren't technically allowed to have the gun. Everyone one else in the group needs to decide where they want to enter. Rocky top has plenty of places to eat, get gas, motels, rentals and they have a campground near Weigles. I'm not sure what all the main windrock entrance has but has it everything you need aslo. Caryville offers the least amenities.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know some friends who were following someone who took off when security tried to stop them. Not knowing what was going on my friends took off as well. I'm not sure of the details but they ended up being banned from windrock for life.
Those life sentences are tough man lol

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Where is the parking in Rocky top, and is it relatively secure.
Nothing is secure in Rocky top lol. IDK where people park in rocky top to go ride. If you're just riding 1 day, you can park at my house and ride over with me from Caryville. Or if anyone is renting a cabin, you could park there. I left my rig at Plumber32 cabin for 3 days when we rode in February. Becky would just drop me off down there. I will talk to a couple of guys and see what they say about parking in rocky top.

advertisement
advertisement