P1000 just placed order for the Power commander PC-V and AT-200

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
hope to have some reviews in a couple weeks. will also find a way to upload maps to save people from having to purchase the AT-200. also will be up at royal blue memorial day and will build a map for that elevation as well. going to have to find a car dyno to do comparisons as this pig is too fat for most ATV/bike dynos.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
hope to have some reviews in a couple weeks. will also find a way to upload maps to save people from having to purchase the AT-200. also will be up at royal blue memorial day and will build a map for that elevation as well. going to have to find a car dyno to do comparisons as this pig is too fat for most ATV/bike dynos.
I'm excited for someone to pull the trigger and show results. Thank you in advance can't wait to see

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool! This will be very interesting.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're using Tapatalk there's a "+" button top right you can follow the thread that way.

If you're on the forum click "watch thread"

Reactions: Justin21 and Stauvo
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed a wideband on a 1000 yet? I'm curious to see if it really is fat from the factory. Every carb'd Honda I've ever ridden has been lean from factory so curious about the FI models. You can always tell when a Foreman/rancher is descending a hill from the crackling/ popping from the exhaust lol. Tuning without a wideband = educated guessing lol.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Finding a chassis dyno for a car will be much easier. I would limit myself to a Dyno Dynamics or Dynocom system only.

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone installed a wideband on a 1000 yet? I'm curious to see if it really is fat from the factory. Every carb'd Honda I've ever ridden has been lean from factory so curious about the FI models. You can always tell when a Foreman/rancher is descending a hill from the crackling/ popping from the exhaust lol. Tuning without a wideband = educated guessing lol.
You could tune off egt's;)

advertisement
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
OK so tracking shows delivery friday.... i've got about a 3hr window to install it saturday (no half assing!) then another 4hrs to test and tune on sunday. feedback forthcoming. Given that i get it all installed and can build a map, i'll post a screenshot of the adjustments which should answer the stock lean vs rich question. I believe power commander has a base map available online.... i'm interested to see what they do with the timing on the low end. when i called their engineer, he said that most all manufacturers are pulling out timing on the low end to save drivetrains. i know with my experience with brute force bikes, that timing made a world of difference on the low end.

now just got to cross my fingers that the clutches hold up.

Reactions: pct
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
OK so tracking shows delivery friday.... i've got about a 3hr window to install it saturday (no half assing!) then another 4hrs to test and tune on sunday. feedback forthcoming. Given that i get it all installed and can build a map, i'll post a screenshot of the adjustments which should answer the stock lean vs rich question. I believe power commander has a base map available online.... i'm interested to see what they do with the timing on the low end. when i called their engineer, he said that most all manufacturers are pulling out timing on the low end to save drivetrains. i know with my experience with brute force bikes, that timing made a world of difference on the low end.

now just got to cross my fingers that the clutches hold up.
Please give us a stock baseline before any tuning. Also would like to know which gear and what type of dyno you will be using.

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
don't have a dyno yet (not funds, just paid for these suckers). but once i build a map and can get in some dyno time, i can easily just load a 0 map to do comparisons against. Plus i need to find a dyno that will do the lower HP ranges. i would think parasitic drag (even with gear to gear trans) that 75hp would be somewhere around 60-65hp at the wheels. maybe my local stealership will sponsor me or something.... dyno time ain't cheap. :)

Reactions: Tot
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
feedback from riding a bunch this weekend....
it stalled a couple times sitting at idle
fouled out the plugs and had a hard time starting obviously
engine feels smoother at higher RPMS
no significant gain felt in HP (no dyno yet), but that is to be expected until i can install a new exhaust
i believe getting the autotune installed should fix the fouling out plugs / stalling issue.... just waiting on that CAN cable

Reactions: Tot
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I hope it goes. Thanks for your feedback

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I assume it's running in closed loop and that's why it is stalling. Do you have the resources to take some fuel out of the idle cells?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
yes so the pc-v kit blocks off the connection to the O2 sensor. but i do have the wideband autotune box as well, just wasnt shipped with the data cable that connects it to the power commander. should have that by friday and will do some more test and tune to build a real map for my bike.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
yes so the pc-v kit blocks off the connection to the O2 sensor. but i do have the wideband autotune box as well, just wasnt shipped with the data cable that connects it to the power commander. should have that by friday and will do some more test and tune to build a real map for my bike.
Are you gonna do the big gun exhaust?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As loud as the Big gun is, it's bound to be breathing better than stock. I miss the old days when you could install a full system on a motorcycle, tune it, and get a good gain from it. Not sure about atvs or utvs, but modern bikes have such good systems from the factory, you really don't gain much from a full system. Sport Rider magazine did a test with 600s from the big 4. Three of them didn't gain at all and 1 even n lost a lb ft of torque. 600s need all the torque they can get. Anyhoo, I'll stop rambling now lol

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!