PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what the Honda filters cross to on K&N
I don't know the answer, but I've had good luck at the O'reilleys getting filters for other Hondas. They may be able to give you the cross reference if they have the p1k in their system yet.

M

mtaa12

Jan 2, 2016
I don't know the answer, but I've had good luck at the O'reilleys getting filters for other Hondas. They may be able to give you the cross reference if they have the p1k in their system yet.
They are able to cross one and not the small one.

Reactions: PioneerPete
Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may have to find a cross over.... Went to three dealers in my area 45 mi radius and Noone has the DCT filter in stock... everyone has to order it. Seriously?!? a tranny filter should be readily available

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may have to find a cross over.... Went to three dealers in my area 45 mi radius and Noone has the DCT filter in stock... everyone has to order it. Seriously?!? a tranny filter should be readily available
I ordered mine Amazon ahead of time

Reactions: 0860silverado
bigsnowman

bigsnowman

I too called my dealer (the closest dealer is about 20 miles, the next about 50 then I think we have two at about 90). They had the engine filter but too had to order the dct. After a brief chat and me bringing the concept to the table that they should stock an $11 filter, they will now stock both. Being in business myself, I figured I may try to educate them for the sake of the next customer.

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too called my dealer (the closest dealer is about 20 miles, the next about 50 then I think we have two at about 90). They had the engine filter but too had to order the dct. After a brief chat and me bringing the concept to the table that they should stock an $11 filter, they will now stock both. Being in business myself, I figured I may try to educate them for the sake of the next customer.
After the initial run around, I called the three dealers again a few weeks later thinking one would have taken the initiative to stock a DCT filter.
Nobody stocked one so a I asked the last and closest... Do you not sell these machines? Do you not have any intention of servicing this machine in a timely manner? Do you not want to provide a clientele with a product to them when it is needed? His answer was yes to all three questions but his answer all three times was he would order it.... My reply was, I can do that myself and so I did. I found the filter online, for a cheaper price I might add and received it three days later from AZ instead of a 15 min drive away. I bought 2 and will stick it myself so when I need it I will have it right away. Anyone else wonder why e-commerce is winning?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
After the initial run around, I called the three dealers again a few weeks later thinking one would have taken the initiative to stock a DCT filter.
Nobody stocked one so a I asked the last and closest... Do you not sell these machines? Do you not have any intention of servicing this machine in a timely manner? Do you not want to provide a clientele with a product to them when it is needed? His answer was yes to all three questions but his answer all three times was he would order it.... My reply was, I can do that myself and so I did. I found the filter online, for a cheaper price I might add and received it three days later from AZ instead of a 15 min drive away. I bought 2 and will stick it myself so when I need it I will have it right away. Anyone else wonder why e-commerce is winning?
totally and I get on my local shops about the same thing!!! I tell the the only reason I come here is cause I want it now!!!!!! put my hands on it done!! why in the hell would I let u order it have to come back again and pick it up and PAY MORE. back in the day it was a pain in the ass to order something it was worth letting the shops do it now a days u order something and the AMOZON drone drops it in your arms 10 min later lol

Reactions: 0860silverado
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Has anyone been able to cross reference the DCT filter yet? I can't seem to find it listed even tough that filter has been around for several years in the NC700 bikes!
Thanks.

*cleaned up and corrected some post above.

Reactions: dale5740
Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Found an oil filter

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does K&N make an air filter for the 1000? I'd be interested in one if they did.

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does K&N make an air filter for the 1000? I'd be interested in one if they did.
As far as I know not yet I've been looking and hoping. Hope the first person who notices will post.

M

mtaa12

Jan 2, 2016
The KN 114 is the larger one but they dont have one for the dct. They have one that looks like it will fit but the ends are a little different.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Everyone be careful here the DCT filter is exactly like the CRF dirtbike filter except it's the exact opposite It won't oil correctly. Everything I can I run k&n and I had extra filters so I nearly made the mistake but thought twice and looked it over really well before I realized the differences at first glacé it's close.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!