sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried to/blocked the front floor to keep the water out? Or lessen it? Looks to me there is a pretty big hole there and could reduce it some.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just make sure you always wear your old shoes. Especially if you ride with @joeymt33 lol.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That stupid hole by the brake master cylinder.
Why didn't they seal it up more then that?

Yes, something needs to be thought up to fix it.
Yea sealing the doors wouldn't help because it looks like a dam breaking where it comes through the firewall...OH and where the water comes over the dash when @Delton sprays me when we play in the creek. The mud and the water is half the fun, I can keep my feet dry in my truck... lol.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can wear my rubber boots too, but I don't always want to, especially if it's 100 degrees. I don't mind having wet feet, it would be nice for my tool bag not to get soaked. I like to keep it there for easy access. I'll look some over the next couple of days and see what I can come up with.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I put weather stripping around the lower joint there under the pedals, but no help. Water still poured in. I'm not able to pull all that off, but I've been thinking of spraying with FlexSeal. Thoughts?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
FlexSeal... Yeah. That way if you want to mount a fan on the back and call it an airboat it will still float

Reactions: JACKAL and drfubar
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
helpful, thanks

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I put weather stripping around the lower joint there under the pedals, but no help. Water still poured in. I'm not able to pull all that off, but I've been thinking of spraying with FlexSeal. Thoughts?
You could try using some type of rubber cut to fit tight and use the plastic push pins to hold it in. It won't be 100% but anything would be better than it is now. Just a thought.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figure anything you do to keep water out will probably just result in keeping more water in. just my 2 cents

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tried to watch while crossing the river today. Water was at the bottom of the skid plates. Just pours in around that plate where the pedals are attached. I'm a little afraid of taking it all loose. I would like to put a rubber piece or weather stripping all the way around.

Reactions: GlockMeister
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figure anything you do to keep water out will probably just result in keeping more water in. just my 2 cents

My thoughts too, but I foresee having things in the floor from time to time and would like to try to make it a little drier.

Reactions: GlockMeister
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My thoughts too, but I foresee having things in the floor from time to time and would like to try to make it a little drier.
I don't think it's possible without hours of work and testing... Then like someone said it would keep everything in... It would never work for me cause I run all summer and way into the fall with my doors off. I hate being inclosed. Riding with @Delton and the rest of those Alabama / Tennessee hooligans is going to get you wet anyway.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think it's possible without hours of work and testing... Then like someone said it would keep everything in... It would never work for me cause I run all summer and way into the fall with my doors off. I hate being inclosed. Riding with @Delton and the rest of those Alabama / Tennessee hooligans is going to get you wet anyway.
Oh hush. You know you like it lol

Reactions: drfubar
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone tried to/blocked the front floor to keep the water out? Or lessen it? Looks to me there is a pretty big hole there and could reduce it some.
I've been thinking of trying to fab up something made of thin rubber (like tire tube). Think I can close off at least 75%. Just got to figure out how to attach it.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking of trying to fab up something made of thin rubber (like tire tube). Think I can close off at least 75%. Just got to figure out how to attach it.

Please post up what you figure out. I thought about using something like that, just not sure how to get it all around the pedal attachments and the opening.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you cover it up the best you can any water will flow out the big ass gap at the bottom of the doors just fine.

Sent from iPhone

What I thought as well. Runs out under the door just fine, but doesn't seem to pour in like around the pedals.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd seal this thing up good except for the door bottoms. The should almost tilt the floor slightly for quicker run out.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!