E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What do you guys do to keep all of the seeds and dust from accumulating in your radiator and is there an easy approach to cleaning it? I ride in lots of old pastures and over grown fields that have tall grasses that seem to put all of their seeds and other debris into my radiator. Short of taking a lot of things off, I don't see any way to get an air hose or a garden hose of any sort to clean it. Ideas or experience?????

Reactions: MNnice
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Somewhere I have an attachment for a hose that is essentially a long wand with a 90 degree bend in it. I think I got it at an auto parts store (like Auto Zone) years ago. I'll try to dig it up, but I used it to clean the frames of Jeeps etc. insert the end into the frame and turn on the water.

I have also used it to wash radiators out from the back side. Worst case, you could make one out of pvc pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Somewhere I have an attachment for a hose that is essentially a long wand with a 90 degree bend in it. I think I got it at an auto parts store (like Auto Zone) years ago. I'll try to dig it up, but I used it to clean the frames of Jeeps etc. insert the end into the frame and turn on the water.

I have also used it to wash radiators out from the back side. Worst case, you could make one out of pvc pipe

Cool idea! I might add that to my bilge pump kit.

The elbow should work for cleaning grass and seeds out. I like it.

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another option is hit the camping section of your local box store.
Look for a black tank cleaning wand. They are usually 2' long for cleaning the black tank thru the commode. Should be under $10. They have a valve to help adjust flow as well. The older models have a nipple 90 degrees to the wand to wash the tank. This is what I have to wash the back of my rad.
You want a nice steady flow of water on your rad, try cleaning from back to front. higher pressure or velocity could start bending fins and damaging the rad. If that happens, hit amazon and order a radiator comb. It will take some time to fix, but it is doable.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my neighbors tractor has a fine screen over the front of its radiator to stop the grass and seeds from pluging it up, every few hours of running the brush hog, you take it off and tap it clean. probably could rig up some screen door material from the hard ware store

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my neighbors tractor has a fine screen over the front of its radiator to stop the grass and seeds from pluging it up, every few hours of running the brush hog, you take it off and tap it clean. probably could rig up some screen door material from the hard ware store

Learned that the hard way after mine started to overheat.

Reactions: JACKAL and joeymt33
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I use screen over the front my tractors when I bush hog with them.

Was just wondering if anyone had come up with a more efficient way to keep all of Mother Nature out.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use screen over the front my tractors when I bush hog with them.

Was just wondering if anyone had come up with a more efficient way to keep all of Mother Nature out.
I'm not saying put a screen over the front of your pioneer, but am saying to put it behind the grill, and attach it to the front of the radiator it's self

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Found it while doing a little hurricane prep

16144b2f4eccd871675e2c79f857da2e

Reactions: JTW and elkguide
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has that. In the spring I have to constantly clean that sucker

Reactions: markie
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do want to thank everyone from the heart and thumb lol that helped me out of the situation and thank a million Delton for hanging with us.Hats off to everyone.
No thanks necessary. That's what we do man.

Reactions: lee
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!