Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Plan to go through the wiring, clean it up, shorter runs and move stuff around before putting new skids on. Going to wire the winch directly to second battery and add another 300 amp circuit breaker. Bought some 30" Booger Whips, made some brackets to mount them on the box, won't sit any higher than the roof. Been sitting on a new 10" RF sub, that was meant for something else, for too long now. Identical to the one that's already in there. Thought about selling it but have a bunch of room in the box now that I stopped carrying the helmets in there and thought screw it I'm going to use it instead. Also figured that if I'm going to mess with this stereo again I might as well go all in and bought some 6.5" SSV pods. They go under the dash where I've had some Boss 3". Plan to power them with a little Kenwood amp that I've had for years. These have been discontinued by SSV and are becoming scarce. They arrived today and are bigger than you'd think, pretty cavernous and should produce much better sound.
Pics will follow, have a plan but it's still going to be pita going through all this wiring again. The stereo kicks real hard already but this is going to take it to a whole different level. Two 10" subs, four 6.5's, two 4" and four amplifiers. 900 watts RMS.

Circuit breaker Sub SSV Pods Sub Noams SSV
You remember how big a P5 is right? o_O

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going to have to wear foamies and muffs and maintain a safe following distance to not go deaf when it gets turned up to 11 (or whatever the kids say these days).

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Really going for better sound quality but that usually does go hand and hand with loud. Doesn't mean I have to turn it up crazy loud but that option will be there. It'll be nice when the young bucks are blaring their rap crap to smoke them with some real tunes. Pretty sure you might be able to see me from Ohio too with these Booger Whips, supposed to be super bright. :cool:

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Really going for better sound quality but that usually does go hand and hand with loud. Doesn't mean I have to turn it up crazy loud but that option will be there. It'll be nice when the young bucks are blaring their rap crap to smoke them with some real tunes. Pretty sure you might be able to see me from Ohio too with these Booger Whips, supposed to be super bright. :cool:
Yea Trigger and those young bucks you speak of generally get their speakers from some flea market thinking that big makes them better.

D

Deleted member 3748

On our rides, I could always tell when you were getting close because I could hear your stereo... over mine! Lol but not last week. Did you have it turned down?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
On our rides, I could always tell when you were getting close because I could hear your stereo... over mine! Lol but not last week. Did you have it turned down?

Lol! Yeah, I was preoccupied with that squeaking in the front end. Wanted to have ears on the new shocks too. Like to make sure everything is mechanically sound, then I can play with confidence. Once we had lunch and the squeaking went away the volume went back up. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Going to have to wear foamies and muffs and maintain a safe following distance to not go deaf when it gets turned up to 11 (or whatever the kids say these days).

What's funny is when you have quality components and clean power you can carry on a conversation with it kicking hard. The distortion is what makes it screaming and unbearable and even then a lot of it is in the tuning. Every time my son loses power or disconnects his battery I have to retune his stereo for him. I've told him to write down the settings ten times. :rolleyes:
Btw, this one goes to 30. :D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Box Tore down the box but before I did, I put the second sub in and wired it up real quick just to hear what I was getting into. Existing sub fires forward through a louvered vent, playing around I faced the second firing toward the back wall. It was hitting hard, starving for air and rattling the box like crazy. That would've been the easy way of adding this sub but instead I'm going to put them side by side and put vents in front of each one. For that short test run it gave it bottom end like never before though, this thing's going to pound!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That’s gona sound good blasting 5150!

Funny you say that. Whenever I build a stereo system, whether a surround for a room or a system in a vehicle, I always have a song in my head while doing it. This build has been 5150 from the start.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Funny you say that. Whenever I build a stereo system, whether a surround for a room or a system in a vehicle, I always have a song in my head while doing it. This build has been 5150 from the start.
Lmao and you and I were rocking out to 5150 when we picked up that P5 :D how fitting.

G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500
That's going to be cool~er when you get it put back together brother... Think you'll have it wrapped up by the 4th ??

Any rides planned ? I planned on taking the boys to the Oscoda trails on the 3rd but there's a shoulder surgery planned for one of them...
That might slow him down...LOL... We'll see....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'd like to have it done this weekend, we'll see how it goes. Plan to take it to the campground sometime around the fourth, probably do some two tracking and get an idea what's around there. Trying to get the trailer done too, all that's left are skinning and hanging the cabinet doors.
How are you liking that machine of yours? Been working it?

D

Deleted member 3748

Let me know if you want to get together around the campground. I'm off the first two weeks of July.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Starting to come together now. Going through all the wiring was a pita especially with all the mud that is impossible to get out. Winch is wired to second battery now with its own dedicated 300 amp circuit breaker. SSV speakers are wired and mounted which sucked to install. They didn't fit exactly right and the instructions were lacking to put it mildly. No wonder they were discontinued, had to just find a happy spot and roll with it. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone looking for an easy upgrade. They do crank though, way better than the Boss's and don't hinder your leg room at all. Subs are powered up but will need adjusting now that there's two of them. They hit hard and even with opening up the air flow I can shake the box like crazy. Just have to wire the whips now, get everything tied back and secured and install the new skids.

SSV1 SSV Subs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!