Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Starting to come together now. Going through all the wiring was a pita especially with all the mud that is impossible to get out. Winch is wired to second battery now with its own dedicated 300 amp circuit breaker. SSV speakers are wired and mounted which sucked to install. They didn't fit exactly right and the instructions were lacking to put it mildly. No wonder they were discontinued, had to just find a happy spot and roll with it. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone looking for an easy upgrade. They do crank though, way better than the Boss's and don't hinder your leg room at all. Subs are powered up but will need adjusting now that there's two of them. They hit hard and even with opening up the air flow I can shake the box like crazy. Just have to wire the whips now, get everything tied back and secured and install the new skids.

View attachment 79670 View attachment 79671 View attachment 79672
Not bad brother! “Summer nights and my radio”

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Get it back together already so we can go riding!!!

I know! I've been busting ass on this thing for two weekends now and sometimes after work if I get home early enough. Wiring is just tedious work that takes time to do right. I'm impatient as it is and this is irritating the hell out of me. Gonna be BA when it's done though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Green Eyes 2
Green Eyes 3
Green Eyes

G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500
Lookin' good, brother !! Keep buyin' stuff for that bike and you're gonna' need a better job...lol....

Were going north on the 4th..I can't wait to throw some goodies on mine while we're there....

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Looks BA! Now I have to get some of those led strips dam you! :D

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
She's all put back together, cleaned up and ready to ride now. Everything that was in the box before is back in it, minus the helmets, with room to spare even. New skids are on, they're thick and rigid and much better. Wired the lights so I can have them on without having the machine running. Stereo rips, I'll probably be playing with the tuning for a month to achieve its full potential but it's got enough power and low end to make anyone say 'DAMN' !

Btw, other than the locker, I'm done. :)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
She's all put back together, cleaned up and ready to ride now. Everything that was in the box before is back in it, minus the helmets, with room to spare even. New skids are on, they're thick and rigid and much better. Wired the lights so I can have them on without having the machine running. Stereo rips, I'll probably be playing with the tuning for a month to achieve its full potential but it's got enough power and low end to make anyone say 'DAMN' !

Btw, other than the locker, I'm done. :)
Haha will see!:D

Reactions: tr005 and Chooglin
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
All I can say is...Damn:cool: I would love to hear it while tearing ass down the trail! It’s in that moment when you can truly appreciate your work;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
All I can say is...Damn:cool: I would love to hear it while tearing ass down the trail! It’s in that moment when you can truly appreciate your work;)

Thanks @Eltobgi . You're exactly right, it's cool to turn up loud for other people but the best part is just cruising in the middle of nowhere and crank a tune that sounds so good it raises the hair on your arms. Everything sounds better and it makes for a whole different ride. ;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well, had to get back into this thing today. Thought I'd take a short cut when I was hooking everything back up and instead of wiring up the Kenwood amp I had I just reused the little Boss amp to power the SSV pods. I was sick of wiring at that point and shouldn't have done that, was able to crank the gain on it due to better speakers and it revealed engine noise. Not a huge problem but this amp is powered on by the key, not a remote wire, so it stays on even when the stereo is off and still creates engine noise. Couldn't stand it and tore into it again hooking up the Kenwood. Planned on putting it under the hood like the other one but it's a lot bigger and didn't fit nicely anywhere so I ended up mounting it in the box. This amp is much better quality, the pods hit harder now and even out the sound better. Also played with the tune a bit after install and have this thing rippin'! :eek:

Thinking about entering it in the sxs stereo competition that's coming up. Would be a lot of driving to pull it off but might have a chance if broken into classes, 50" or not just a trailer queen class. I've seen these competitions where guys put house speakers on the back of their rig, like you'd actually trail ride that way. :rolleyes:

If I do end up competing in it I'll get some video.

Btw, Boss Motorcycle sound system for sale if anyone's interested. They scream, just don't fit into this system anymore.
https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-MCBK420B-Weatherproof-Applications/dp/B00T3QBL3M/?tag=sxsweb24-20

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ah hell, I'm not done yet! Was planning on selling the little Boss speakers but then thought that I could probably incorporate them real easy being so small. Started looking around at where I could put them and it turns out that they can go right back where they were as the pods don't encroach into that area at all. I'm definitely not going to use the little amp that came with them though, I have an old 4 channel that I can just put in place of the Kenwood. All the wiring is there already, just need to swap them out. I suppose I could just leave it alone but that's no fun. It'll end up being 10 speakers, 4 amps and 1000 watts RMS. Like Clubber Lang said...

Clubber

Ordered new sticker for the cab.

Sticker

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ah hell, I'm not done yet! Was planning on selling the little Boss speakers but then thought that I could probably incorporate them real easy being so small. Started looking around at where I could put them and it turns out that they can go right back where they were as the pods don't encroach into that area at all. I'm definitely not going to use the little amp that came with them though, I have an old 4 channel that I can just put in place of the Kenwood. All the wiring is there already, just need to swap them out. I suppose I could just leave it alone but that's no fun. It'll end up being 10 speakers, 4 amps and 1000 watts RMS. Like Clubber Lang said...

View attachment 83795

Ordered new sticker for the cab.

View attachment 83794
I knew you couldn’t resist! Lol;):D

Reactions: trigger and tr005
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Added a BA little amp. Small and meant to fit in a dash behind the head unit. Was going to use an old 4 ch I had but it's so obsolete compared to the new ones. They just run cooler and are much more power efficient and that was a concern hooking up to motorcycle batteries. This is a class D, not a boosted rail, 4x 45 watts rms, separate gains and variable high pass crossovers for front and rear. This is driving the front four and gains are set below half way on both because it was overpowering the ones right over my head.
Never thought I'd be putting an Alpine in a sxs... but it's clean and it cranks!

Stereo 2
Stereo

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Added a BA little amp. Small and meant to fit in a dash behind the head unit. Was going to use an old 4 ch I had but it's so obsolete compared to the new ones. They just run cooler and are much more power efficient and that was a concern hooking up to motorcycle batteries. This is a class D, not a boosted rail, 4x 45 watts rms, separate gains and variable high pass crossovers for front and rear. This is driving the front four and gains are set below half way on both because it was overpowering the ones right over my head.
Never thought I'd be putting an Alpine in a sxs... but it's clean and it cranks!

View attachment 84844 View attachment 84845
Rock on brother! Cabo Wabo time!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!