P1000 knock above 3000

H

Hondasauce

Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hit a puddle and now my pioneer 1000 makes a knock sound when you rev over 3000 rpm. It did suck in some water. Any ideas where to start to isolate it? I ordered the repair manual. It sounds perfect at idle. Possible bearing failure at 5100 miles? Not sure where to start so any direction will be appreciated.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Rods are really common to tweak. Mine totally waisted and my friend I ride with was like yours. They DO NOT like water, it’s a 50/50 they survive it.
What year?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes!

As @CumminsPusher said, they do not like water and should be snorkeled the way there intake in the front is especially a 16’ like mine. Drain the oil, time for a service anyway and get the water out and check it again.

Its your 2nd post and havent seen any pics of this beast yet!
pics or it didnt happen! :cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Its a 2016.
Ya once you get it fixed snorkel the machine as @Remington mentioned. It will be an expensive repair but all parts are available now (if Covid hasn’t effected them) they were not early on.
There are many different ways, some as cheap as about 30$. I just went the @joeymt33 through the hood setup, quick and easy yet effective. In newer years Honda did an update to the intake under the hood, that can be purchased through Honda.
Unfortunate event that’s for sure but it’s happened to a few of us. Honda originally denied any responsibility and were quite nasty about it but soon updated the machine and it seems to have helped.
Sorry to meet under these circumstances, many on the site with older machines have done something here, and it wasn’t just to forage through deep water. It needs to be done as the machine can pick up small amounts of water simply through puddles. At any rate welcome to the club, bunch of good guys here so ask anything you need and feel free to comment.
Here’s some s*** reading. It was my experience.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is an old pic, but the snorkel that @CumminsPusher was talking about. Simple but effective

228A98C7 9ACC 4784 9F27 7CFEEFF913AE

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!