Knocking sound from transmission

R

Rpliving

Nov 27, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This is my first post, glad to be apart of the forum. My 2020 x4 has 12 hours and 60 miles on it. At idle it has a knocking sound coming from the transmission area at an idle. It gets louder as it warms up but doesn’t get louder when you rev the engine. The dealer said noise was not normal but wouldn’t do anything till something broke but I could pay them to do the fist service and change transmission oil and they would look at all the filters. So I told them what I thought of that and called Honda. If you say it’s not normal I’m not paying for anything. I’ve always done my own service on stuff anyway.
Has anyone else noticed a knocking sound on there machine?

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Truth detector of the NTC.
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This is my first post, glad to be apart of the forum. My 2020 x4 has 12 hours and 60 miles on it. At idle it has a knocking sound coming from the transmission area at an idle. It gets louder as it warms up but doesn’t get louder when you rev the engine. The dealer said noise was not normal but wouldn’t do anything till something broke but I could pay them to do the fist service and change transmission oil and they would look at all the filters. So I told them what I thought of that and called Honda. If you say it’s not normal I’m not paying for anything. I’ve always done my own service on stuff anyway.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Truth detector of the NTC.
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I haven’t had any problems with my x4. I kinda question if dealer prep isn’t part of the problem with most of these issues. When I went for the first ride in mine, a mechanic rode with me and told me about shifting from high to low, and of course how to maintain it. Other’s have talked about low fluid levels. Even if I did have problems with it I wouldn’t say anything because I don’t want to hear it from the Krx guys. Lol

V

Vstingray

Dec 1, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don't have any issues with a knocking noise. Would definitely keep a close eye on it. I did find that my front differential was really low on gear oil right from the dealer.

Reactions: Smitty335
S

Scottjs

Jun 29, 2019
Greenville, NY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Both mine and my buddies x4's are doing the same exact thing with the noisy idle. So I just figured it was normal.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!