Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I stoped by Freedom Power Sports and checked out the KRX, really like it, every thing suspension wise looks supper heavy duty except the lower frame brackets for the front A arm's, there thicker than Honda's, but think it's is the weak link in most S X S's , including the KRX? I want one bad! But we use Rooster for so many things other than trail riding so I would have to keep him, having two S x S's would fly like a lead ballon with my wife! And I have a two month old Grandson now and want to spoil him rotten, that includes taking him for some rides when he get's older, the P1 is perfect for that.

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish Honda would put the locking Diff in the Talon Deluxe and leave the I4WD to the Talon LE ...... as in Pioneer. Then go ahead with lower gearing, GOOD 31-32" tires on Beadlocks. I can live with having to add a shonuff skidplate, but the wheels/tires need to be up to snuff from the getgo. I never felt the need to HAVE to change tires/wheels on the many CR250 that I bought new, because they were not 2nd rate.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wish Honda would put the locking Diff in the Talon Deluxe and leave the I4WD to the Talon LE ...... as in Pioneer. Then go ahead with lower gearing, GOOD 31-32" tires on Beadlocks. I can live with having to add a shonuff skidplate, but the wheels/tires need to be up to snuff from the getgo. I never felt the need to HAVE to change tires/wheels on the many CR250 that I bought new, because they were not 2nd rate.

Yes, just go ahead and offer a version that has all that stuff on it from assembly line. Adding accessories is more costly to the end user because you’re paying for the assembly line parts PLUS the accessories. HONDA could offer a QUALITY “ready to crawl” or “ready to bog” machine if they would get out of their own way and do it. They have more tech and know how than all the other manufacturers combined, combine that with their long term reliability mindset and their offering would be the standard.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, just go ahead and offer a version that has all that stuff on it from assembly line. Adding accessories is more costly to the end user because you’re paying for the assembly line parts PLUS the accessories. HONDA could offer a QUALITY “ready to crawl” or “ready to bog” machine if they would get out of their own way and do it. They have more tech and know how than all the other manufacturers combined, combine that with their long term reliability mindset and their offering would be the standard.
LOL ...... I was just 'dreaming' without any hope of it really happening, any time soon. But it would be nice to have a racer version, mud version, crawler version, and a sissy version for the highway legal folks ...... lol

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
True for most times, BUT back in the 70's when they came out with the CR250 Elsinores, they jumped to the top of ALL Jap bikes and compared well with the more expensive European MX bikes, and continued at the top into the 80s with the long travel single shock, and water cooled.
or the 250R

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Its a pretty friggin' awesome machine.

2 things:
- Yeah, the fuel gauge is kinda funky. You'll be driving with a full tank for like an hour, and then all of a sudden it goes to 1 bar. Weird. Go fill it up and get maybe 2 gallons in it. Kawies said something about a split tank or a divider or something, but I can't really remember their explanation. Not a big deal and doesn't happen all the time. They had a couple issues early on that have already been addressed.

- Second, the weight thing is kind of arbitrary. Kawie lists it as "curb weight" as where most others list different models as "dry weight." So...that's fully loaded, gassed up, all fluids, and ready to turn the key and go. By the time you do that with any other machine....and then decide to add any beefy suspension parts or any other aftermarket accessories, you're looking at way over that.

Its a great machine, and comes ready to turn the key and go. I'm not hating on anything else out there...just saying Kawie did a pretty darn good job with that one. Now they just need to add a turbo or a supercharger. ;)

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

Amen! I wont have a Talon until a real locking diff is available. If they were to offer a manual locker, it would definitely be a contender when I get a sport machine. But as it stands now the KRX would be my first choice. Also I'm really interested to see this Yamaha machine that's in the works.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Amen! I wont have a Talon until a real locking diff is available. If they were to offer a manual locker, it would definitely be a contender when I get a sport machine. But as it stands now the KRX would be my first choice. Also I'm really interested to see this Yamaha machine that's in the works.
^^^^^^^^^THIS X 100^^^^^^^^^

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What size tires are u running on your talon 4 ?
That’s where I am... is it better to take the next step and do long travel and igr? Or do I say f*** it and buy a different machine. I would have been money ahead if I had never put a dime into the pioneer and just bought a sport machine to boot.
you are exactly right,a lot of guys have been trying to make the pioneer into something it was never intended to be.When I bought mine in 2016 ,I was looking at Rangers,I took a chance on the new pioneer w the transmission that would hopefully hold u back on a long down hill decent.The pioneers are on the same platform as a Ranger.My pioneer has been great for what I use it for.The new KRX’s appear to be great machines.They have everything u need right out of the box to go to places like Moab and challenge the terrain u guys like.All u have to do is go on the u tube channels and watch,there are several groups that come out w all the new machines and beat the crap out of them,including the KRX and talons.It has been a lot of fun and informative to watch u guys modifying the pioneer.The KRX gets my vote for a two seater rock crawler right out of the box.

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
^^^^^^^^^THIS X 100^^^^^^^^^

Are either of you actually in the market to buy a machine in the immediate future or you just like pretending you are and b****ing about diff lock as a cover up?

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Are either of you actually in the market to buy a machine in the immediate future or you just like pretending you are and b****ing about diff lock as a cover up?

In the next couple years I will be absolutely in the market. Nothing excites me for now, and I love my 1000-5, but the KRX is in the forefront when the time comes. Did I hurt your feelings about the i4wd?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the next couple years I will be absolutely in the market. Nothing excites me for now, and I love my 1000-5, but the KRX is in the forefront when the time comes. Did I hurt your feelings about the i4wd?
Hes very sensitive when it comes to I4wd or his sexuality....hes just confused...be gentle with him

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So your answer is no. I just get a chuckle when people b**** about something that's holding them back from buying but they have no intention to buy.

Lol no I dont give a shyt what you think about i4wd.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
So your answer is no. I just get a chuckle when people b**** about something that's holding them back from buying but they have no intention to buy.

Lol no I dont give a shyt what you think about i4wd.

Since I'm not buying it tommorow, I'm not in the market and shouldn't be worried about what's available??? Maybe I'm waiting on something better than what's available currently. Glad you know me and what I'm looking for better than I do.

advertisement