ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have....granted not on the trail. Im a life long honda fan...never even considered anything else...until the KRX came along. I still think its a subpar machine in fit, finish, and capabilities...jmo.

If you read this whole thread, it is full of guys who have held out in hopes Honda would be competitive in the segment. Guys who have bought more in accessories than the machine cost, because Honda has earned the reputation for reliability, because Honda has earned some loyalty with long term experience, because Honda has been innovative enough to offer solutionsI love my Honda and due to not needing a 2nd machine for 4-6 years; along with snuffs improvements to the Pioneer I am copying/stealing/taking advantage of, Honda has a chance to bring something to market in the youth segment, and the 2-Seat “not another imitation sand rail, give me a rock capable rig like the KRX” market.

This loyal, patient, and logical group (not you @Plumber32 ) is considering Kawasaki who is just entering the “sport” segment over all others because the machine is “built” off the assembly line instead of dumping $$$$$$ into it to bring it up to par and get it out of “desert” mode which it seems most are still only partly built for.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The x4 will probably be my next ride. A 2" lift and some 32" tires and it will be a beast . Since glock doesn't like it. I'll come up with super secret mods and you build them and we wont share with that jerk! :cool:

too long you’d need 35”+ to get same break over angle as pioneer on 28’s with no lift. I don’t want a lift makes it more top heavy than it already is.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Going tomorrow to see if the local dealer will deal.. I have my doubts but I’d prefer to buy from them for future needs. I’m still on the fence as to buy now or continue to wait. I’ve flip flopped a dozen times since last weekend on what I want to do. The Yamaha coming intrigues me but is it worth the wait.. I dunno? The first year thing is still my hang up. I promised myself I wouldn’t do it again... buuuut ya know. It’s just a matter of writing that check... But I feel like it’s a very selfish purchase. It goes against what my aim has been with the family and getting them camping and riding. But then again... it would be nice to not have to turn a wrench after every ride on the family rig. I’ve said it before.. I’ll say it again. I’d have already bought one if it had rear flip up seats. Then I ponder how much use will it or the pioneer then get when I split up a limited number of trips anyway. I’m not a 9-5er so it’s not like I have every weekend free to just go and ride the way dad and I did on horses as a kid. I know if @Kilo427 and I ride at Tackett next week it will seal the deal and calm my apprehensions. Buuuuut that’s not looking good on such short notice. So here I am in limbo... I plan to keep this build on the simple side and not wrap so much into it incase my perfect machine comes out in a couple years. But let’s be real... we all know how that goes. Lol

I get your sentiments exactly...on my way home yesterday I cruised the parking lot of the local Kawi dealer....but never went inside yet...

In the afternoon I did some spraying with the P1k5 and thought about how much time I really have used my pioneer with more than 2 people in the rig.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
If you read this whole thread, it is full of guys who have held out in hopes Honda would be competitive in the segment. Guys who have bought more in accessories than the machine cost, because Honda has earned the reputation for reliability, because Honda has earned some loyalty with long term experience, because Honda has been innovative enough to offer solutionsI love my Honda and due to not needing a 2nd machine for 4-6 years; along with snuffs improvements to the Pioneer I am copying/stealing/taking advantage of, Honda has a chance to bring something to market in the youth segment, and the 2-Seat “not another imitation sand rail, give me a rock capable rig like the KRX” market.

This loyal, patient, and logical group (not you @Plumber32 ) is considering Kawasaki who is just entering the “sport” segment over all others because the machine is “built” off the assembly line instead of dumping $$$$$$ into it to bring it up to par and get it out of “desert” mode which it seems most are still only partly built for.

This is my un-expert opinion.
The KRX will follow the same trajectory as the YXZ.

YXZ was more pure sport/dune capable.
Customers complained it was not more middle of the road like RZR.
Yamaha changed it up fairly quickly because middle of the road is where the larger number of sales are.

KRX is more to the other end of the spectrum.
But there sales will be better east coast where customers are more interested in a farm rig.
Kawasaki will morph the vehicle to be lighter / smaller to capture more sales because they can't turn a profit with the current vehicle in a market with so few people wanting a rock buggy.

Once all this happens all 3 Japanese OEMs will be fighting for the scraps that Polaris and Can Am leave behind.
By the time any of them get it right the SxS craze will be over and we all will be on to the next big thing.
I'm hoping for quad copters that we can ride in but it is more likely to be some highly regulated, non polluting and totally safe computer graphic generated thing.
(As we all live out our lives in pods connected to the matrix)

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yamaha changed it up fairly quickly because middle of the road is where the larger number of sales are.

But there sales will be better east coast where customers are more interested in a farm rig.
Kawasaki will morph the vehicle to be lighter / smaller to capture more sales because they can't turn a profit with the current vehicle in a market with so few people wanting a rock buggy.

Once all this happens all 3 Japanese OEMs will be fighting for the scraps that Polaris and Can Am leave behind.
By the time any of them get it right the SxS craze will be over and we all will be on to the next big thing.
I'm hoping for quad copters that we can ride in but it is more likely to be some highly regulated, non polluting and totally safe computer graphic generated thing.

I know you’re right, I like my POD the machines have let me pick a new one that hasn’t had anyone in it yet since I turned Neo in.

It doesn’t mean I can’t dream of the girl in the red dress.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
poor Kawasaki owners....
He'll be great at helping answer all the tough kawi questions...

20200515 072952

Can't wait to learn Kung Fu without all that training and stuff.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Am I the only one that is pronouncing the KRX as "Krux"?

Reactions: Smitty335
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Saw comments on a KRX forum about the clutch primary bolt backing out, needs to be checked?

advertisement

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Dune and desert? The YXZ is just an OK at best dune machine. The wheelbase is too short, and the suspension pretty much sucks. Plus, even after revalving, respringing, etc., it still has a geometry issue in the rear which makes it suck big time in the whoops. Most of that applies to the desert, as well, where you then run into the lack of low range. It's a short course point and shoot car, and not much else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335 and TimG
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You are starting to sound like Smitty, better check the dip stick!

Reactions: TripleB
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw comments on a KRX forum about the clutch primary bolt backing out, needs to be checked?
Yes, some of the first machines that were sold experienced this - Kawi put out a service recall / communication the first week . think they may have even called the customers that had purchased one. (but dont quote me on that)

they ahve had a few issues that I outlined what I know here and have been quick to fix most of them . Still the gas tank over pressure and the Knuckles busting on a few are out there... For the knuckles there is a DYI fix and Kawi has new parts but there is still a question on if the new parts fix the issue or not

J

JTW

I’d say you’re pretty spot on..

Reactions: Smitty335
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s where we’re going to hide all the dead bodies of people who ask stupid f***ing questions!
Yeah buddy!

Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement