Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since I'm not buying it tommorow, I'm not in the market and shouldn't be worried about what's available??? Maybe I'm waiting on something better than what's available currently. Glad you know me and what I'm looking for better than I do.

Well now you're just changing your tune. First it was "in the next couple years" now its because nothing currently available is good enough. Seems you dont know 🤷‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since I'm not buying it tommorow, I'm not in the market and shouldn't be worried about what's available??? Maybe I'm waiting on something better than what's available currently. Glad you know me and what I'm looking for better than I do.
He's a Monte wanna be tonight. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
96021062 F746 4433 9596 7BF893A2469C

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
you are exactly right,a lot of guys have been trying to make the pioneer into something it was never intended to be.When I bought mine in 2016 ,I was looking at Rangers,I took a chance on the new pioneer w the transmission that would hopefully hold u back on a long down hill decent.The pioneers are on the same platform as a Ranger.My pioneer has been great for what I use it for.The new KRX’s appear to be great machines.They have everything u need right out of the box to go to places like Moab and challenge the terrain u guys like.All u have to do is go on the u tube channels and watch,there are several groups that come out w all the new machines and beat the crap out of them,including the KRX and talons.It has been a lot of fun and informative to watch u guys modifying the pioneer.The KRX gets my vote for a two seater rock crawler right out of the box.
And here’s another thing ,after a few beers.My pioneer is no pavement princess.It has been through the gauntlet w 4 fat guys and in four low looked up and standing on the rear end.Mostly w three fat guys a dog box and a full size cooler chasing all over southern Nevada.The pioneer has proven it self over and over.I just recently had the clutch cover done,and thank u guys for talking me into doing it .It definitely makes it a better machine.But don’t bash the pioneer.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
People are inherently loyal to the thing that They have invested time and money into, if You just dropped $50,000 on a new Chevy Truck Your a Chevy Guy likewise for Ford, Dodge, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki,,,, I agree with @JTW If You want a Sport machine You would be money ahead to buy a sport machine, Harley Davidson was always bad about building a motorcycle that wasn’t finished there is always an improvement to be made when a Harley Guy realized that He would buy a Goldwing,,,, I am very happy with my Pioneer because it lends itself well to the type riding we do, Me and the Wife are sightseers not daredevil’s Like many of You Yahoo’s, all that being said that Kawasaki looks pretty darn good to me if I was in the market for that type of machine I would write the check,,, I always thought Kawasaki had pretty good quality, anyway Good Luck with Your decision sounds like You may be on the right track, :)👍

advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are a fool if you think you can follow a built rzr (and a good driver). Will never happen in a pioneer. Maybe Snuff version will...
If you would get out of your speedo some October and go to overland we can show you. When your going up the double black trail in windrock at night fully loaded and you run across locals on monster buggies stopping in amazement. I believe they said and I quote " you all are f***ing crazy going up this" and then watched shaking their heads. Right @joeymt33 . Also when I posted on the tackett page they made fun of us saying no way ect. Then the guys from windrock chimed in on their experience watching us. Needless to say the razing was done lol

J

JTW

Going tomorrow to see if the local dealer will deal.. I have my doubts but I’d prefer to buy from them for future needs. I’m still on the fence as to buy now or continue to wait. I’ve flip flopped a dozen times since last weekend on what I want to do. The Yamaha coming intrigues me but is it worth the wait.. I dunno? The first year thing is still my hang up. I promised myself I wouldn’t do it again... buuuut ya know. It’s just a matter of writing that check... But I feel like it’s a very selfish purchase. It goes against what my aim has been with the family and getting them camping and riding. But then again... it would be nice to not have to turn a wrench after every ride on the family rig. I’ve said it before.. I’ll say it again. I’d have already bought one if it had rear flip up seats. Then I ponder how much use will it or the pioneer then get when I split up a limited number of trips anyway. I’m not a 9-5er so it’s not like I have every weekend free to just go and ride the way dad and I did on horses as a kid. I know if @Kilo427 and I ride at Tackett next week it will seal the deal and calm my apprehensions. Buuuuut that’s not looking good on such short notice. So here I am in limbo... I plan to keep this build on the simple side and not wrap so much into it incase my perfect machine comes out in a couple years. But let’s be real... we all know how that goes. Lol

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going tomorrow to see if the local dealer will deal.. I have my doubts but I’d prefer to buy from them for future needs. I’m still on the fence as to buy now or continue to wait. I’ve flip flopped a dozen times since last weekend on what I want to do. The Yamaha coming intrigues me but is it worth the wait.. I dunno? The first year thing is still my hang up. I promised myself I wouldn’t do it again... buuuut ya know. It’s just a matter of writing that check... But I feel like it’s a very selfish purchase. It goes against what my aim has been with the family and getting them camping and riding. But then again... it would be nice to not have to turn a wrench after every ride on the family rig. I’ve said it before.. I’ll say it again. I’d have already bought one if it had rear flip up seats. Then I ponder how much use will it or the pioneer then get when I split up a limited number of trips anyway. I’m not a 9-5er so it’s not like I have every weekend free to just go and ride the way dad and I did on horses as a kid. I know if @Kilo427 and I ride at Tackett next week it will seal the deal and calm my apprehensions. Buuuuut that’s not looking good on such short notice. So here I am in limbo... I plan to keep this build on the simple side and not wrap so much into it incase my perfect machine comes out in a couple years. But let’s be real... we all know how that goes. Lol
Have you drove the Talon 1000x-4 live its a nice ride

J

JTW

Have you drove the Talon 1000x-4 live its a nice ride
I don’t want a sport limo for our type of riding. I need to keep it short... it’s the whole reason I went with the pioneer. I’ve looked at them but they just don’t do it for me when I think I’m terms of riding when it’s just me, which is a large percentage of my riding. While I like the DCT and the paddles, I’m just really let down by the talon. I just can’t justify having to put that much more into the Honda to get it where I want. But if I were buying a 4 seat it would probably be the talon and maybe one day it will change but for now... I think a 2 seat sport and the PK5 are my best bet, even with as much as I don’t want 2 machines.

advertisement