P1000 LED Bar options and opinions

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I always thought the same about Rigid, but I saw some comparisons and videos comparing them to the Baja Squadron led lights and now feel that Rigid isn't as high quality as I thought. I'm no salesman and have never bought either brand.........but if I was going high end I would look hard at the Baja offerings. I don't even know if they make light bars, but the comparisons I saw were the cube lights. I can dig up the youtube video if anyone wants to see it - but a guy on another forum was talking about problems getting moisture behind the lens of the Rigids. Plus I think he said the Bajas are made to be easily serviced at home whereas it voids the Rigid warranty. Sorry if this is considered a derail - was not my intention. I just always though Rigid was THE light and recent research has me not so sure.

Waylan

There are several brands that are equally as good as rigids. Rigid is just the biggest name. Their beam pattern is so much better than the cheaper lights. I have some stingrays and they are ok. I wouldn’t consider them cheap though. I paid $350 for my lightbar. I will say rigids customer service is hard to beat. I contacted them early this year because my 3-4 year old d2 pod had some moisture. He asked me if I had opened them and I said yes to try and dry them and it still gets moisture. The guy then said it voids your warranty if you open them so I’m going to ask again if you opened them. I said oh... of course not then. He said great let me give you an RMA number and I’ll get that swapped right out for you. Less than a week later I had a brand new light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I've considered light bars, but I didn't want most of the light out front and little to the sides, curved ones put a little more to the sides but not enough for me. I do some night riding, and I like to see not only what's in front of me, but what's on the front sides, the sides, and to the back. I also have 2 dogs who hunt mice at night, it's a real show, wanted to be able to see completely around 360* at night. On 3 ATV's & 2 Side by Side's, I have spot or spot/flood center front, 2 floods shine to the front sides, and side floods to the sides, and one flood in the back. On my P-500 I installed a powerful 40w spot in front, shines way out in front maybe 500 feet or so, then 20w 30* angle floods for the front sides on P-500 and Commander, then 20w 60* angle floods on the sides, then 20w 60* angle floods on the back. The Commander has a front 72w spot/flood beam combo, and along with the projector beam headlights it's plenty bright in front. The Commander also has 4 bright amber turn signals on toggles. The P-500 has 2 floods for each side, this was after experimenting with different lights having a couple extra to add. Both machines also have running/parking lights, amber in front, red in in the rear. All my lights are LED's and all lights are on rocker switch panels or toggles. Also needed some color at night when the P-500 is just sitting there, makes for a great view. I get all my LED lights from Superbrightleds.com good prices & great quality. On the P-500 front grill, I also have a set of red/blue strobes, and a white strobe all on a hidden toggle, used only in remote areas, legal on private property as long as nobody else can see them.

DSC00800 DSC00945 DSC00765 DSC00794 DSC00104 DSC00105 DSC00108

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!