P1000 Let’s talk tablet mounting in your PK1! What are you using?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Decided to go the overhead route, using Ram mounts. The phone mount, on the left with no phone in it (as I took pic with phone), is a Ram "knock off". I like the up high approach for stuff as there's no blocking of view and no glare. That, and there's really no available good place down low that's within easy reach and not blocked by shift levers etc.

20210909 195126

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I never thought of mounting the rear view mirror over the glovebox. What brand mirror are you using and are you happy with your layout?
Sorry I didn't see your question before. Actually, the rear view mirror is at dead center, came stock that way with the 21 P1000-5 SE. If it looks off to the right, that's an "optical delusion" :) .

Reactions: Lady01
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I mounted an IPad in the center of my upper roll cage using Ram mount components. It has worked well. Also used those components to mount a pair of Schumacher trucker fans in front corners of the roll cage. I'd post some pictures, but I'm on the road and wont be back home to the shop until mid September.
Back home and took some pix. I have my tablet, mirror and fans all mounted using 1-3/4” roll bar clamps and Ram components.
EAC69EE8 3D23 464A B3FE E6D000197C80
C730ACCE C170 47E1 849F 7B0DF9D9773E
35E1E115 2FDE 451C B322 879188F6B963
55359F60 FF0D 4AAE 807C 0743A5838B4A
FE10A187 9D59 4B29 9C44 0E895B4BC92B

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've been thinking that RAM needs to come out with an adhesive base, didn't know that one was out...

I'd like to see a much larger adhesive base, though - something rectangular in phone or tablet size. I'd be worried about that 2.5" base coming undone over time.
I‘ve been using some of those adhesive bases for GoPro cameras. Uses that 3M type adhesive. Holds them tight. I removed one from a glass windshield once, and it was a battle getting it removed. Probably ok for a phone, but not sure I‘d trust it for a tablet.

Last edited:
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Decided to go the overhead route, using Ram mounts. The phone mount, on the left with no phone in it (as I took pic with phone), is a Ram "knock off". I like the up high approach for stuff as there's no blocking of view and no glare. That, and there's really no available good place down low that's within easy reach and not blocked by shift levers etc.

View attachment 294564
Is that an angle indicator behind the steering wheel? Where did you get it?

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that an angle indicator behind the steering wheel? Where did you get it?
Good eye!

On Amazon (as much as I hate to support them) - - I spend so much there that if I don't order for a week or two they call me to ask if there's any wrong.

Inclinometer

I'd give it a 5 star rating for $37 it cost. Excellent, easy to see, calibrate is one button. I installed in on the lip centered on and above the LCD display. Didn't use their supplied sticky, used 3M VHB double sided tape after cleaning surfaces with alcohol.

wiring is through a hole I drilled through the upper glareshield just to the left edge of the unit. Drilled an an angle toward the left side to avoid the instrument cluster. Remove cup holder to see and fish wire, then to the under hood etc.

I did make the mistake of ordering a multiple display unit from the same company. It had GPS, a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) etc. However, the instructions sucketh mightily so programming is a nightmare (not so on the simple inclinometer), but the big glitch was more than a 5 psi error spread in the TPMS senders.

There would be just one change I'd make on the inclinometer. Display has a resolution of 5 degrees. You can roughly discern 2.5 degrees as the display increments. 5 degrees is okay, and it tells you when your sphincter muscles are wrong (also when they were right I guess!). Definitely work two twenties.

Reactions: Lady01 and Prntckt
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Good eye!

On Amazon (as much as I hate to support them) - - I spend so much there that if I don't order for a week or two they call me to ask if there's any wrong.

Inclinometer

I'd give it a 5 star rating for $37 it cost. Excellent, easy to see, calibrate is one button. I installed in on the lip centered on and above the LCD display. Didn't use their supplied sticky, used 3M VHB double sided tape after cleaning surfaces with alcohol.

wiring is through a hole I drilled through the upper glareshield just to the left edge of the unit. Drilled an an angle toward the left side to avoid the instrument cluster. Remove cup holder to see and fish wire, then to the under hood etc.

I did make the mistake of ordering a multiple display unit from the same company. It had GPS, a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) etc. However, the instructions sucketh mightily so programming is a nightmare (not so on the simple inclinometer), but the big glitch was more than a 5 psi error spread in the TPMS senders.

There would be just one change I'd make on the inclinometer. Display has a resolution of 5 degrees. You can roughly discern 2.5 degrees as the display increments. 5 degrees is okay, and it tells you when your sphincter muscles are wrong (also when they were right I guess!). Definitely work two twenties.
Thanks for the info and recommendation. I have one on order.