ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I ran a 3500# winch on my 500 and it got well used. Never had a problem. I wish the Superwinches were still cheap. Mine was awesome and I paid like $150 for it back in 16. I used the KFI mount which put the winch up top and it was ideal. They don't offer anything like that for the 1000 so I had to buy a big bumper to mount it up high.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Super Winch Terra 45S. Did some extensive research when I bough my P5 in 2014, turned out the Super Winch Terra 45 at the time uses less amps then most other winches including the Terra 35. Have used both extensively (35 & 45) Terra 45s (synthetic) is on my P5 with KFI mount and 66” plough. Works awesome. I’d recommend whichever way you go get Synthetic line over steel.
cheers
j
Have you noticed-take the stickers off and HF and SW look VERY similar.
WB

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
I went with the KFI Stealth 4500. It has been sitting the last couple of months waiting for install.. Now it looks like I am going to tackle this project and do the install. Any advice for a complete electrical novice?

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I went with the KFI Stealth 4500. It has been sitting the last couple of months waiting for install.. Now it looks like I am going to tackle this project and do the install. Any advice for a complete electrical novice?

Find someone with the exact bike, bumper and winch and copy theirs. Maybe they will even help you with the install. 😀 ;)

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I drank the Warn koolaid many decades ago when I lived in the mountains. Never really looked at any other winch system since the Warn winches always got me unstuck and home. I'm sure there are companies that do things different and maybe even better but, Warn is a good brand I support.

I bought an Axon 45s for my P520. Used it a couple of times to pull items around our property. I've only had to use it once to winch sideways after getting wedged in the trees. I also bought the Warn HUB that allows you to use your phone as a remote for the winch. I love that feature!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got a Kolpin 4500 lb winch with the high-tech rope that the dealer installed for my P1K-3. I don't plan to plow snow with it so it will just be used as needed. I don't really know or have heard much about Kolpin brand winches but that is what I have.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Torq Locker arrived on Saturday. Excited to get it installed this week. (Someone else not me, I am a bean counter not a wrench turner.) Next on my upgrade list is front bumper and winch. Settled on a StrongMade bumper for the high winch mounting point and as I am not a fan of the tube style ones. Now to get the winch, top choice as of right now is the KFI Stealth 4500. Is that overkill? Anyone running something different?

Torq Locker arrived on Saturday. Excited to get it installed this week. (Someone else not me, I am a bean counter not a wrench turner.) Next on my upgrade list is front bumper and winch. Settled on a StrongMade bumper for the high winch mounting point and as I am not a fan of the tube style ones. Now to get the winch, top choice as of right now is the KFI Stealth 4500. Is that overkill? Anyone running something different?
KFI Stealth is what I have on my P5 but 3500, not much need of a 45 on a P5. I have a snatch block just in case.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Did you get the Honda wiring harness?
That really made it easier.
Yes, I did. It was installed when the PS was installed. I keep putting it off because I just don't trust myself on the wiring side of this. I am a complete novice with wiring and electrical componants.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!