Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am curious if anyone in Honda Land has put a wiper on a Honda hard coat tip out windshield . I would like to but . I tried to drill the cracks in the first Honda hard coat but they kept cracking. Let me know if anyone is brave enough. Haha.
Caper
Ive done it in my P1K5 honda hard coat with no problems. Just make sure u have a nice sharp bit and go slow and don’t push the drill and you’ll be fine.

Reactions: Caper and trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Depends on the type of trails you ride. I have a full Honda hard coat that I only use in the winter, run the Honda half shield the rest of the time. Like Piston said, a full in the summer just gets covered with dust and you can't see crap. The trails I rode yesterday would scratch the hell out of a full and rip the flip up off.

View attachment 80532 View attachment 80533
You ain’t chittin it’s tight! That was Mega tight, didn’t think i was going to make it.

Reactions: trigger

1HappyCamper

Nov 4, 2017
Downingtown, PA
Ownership

1. 500
I have half windshields one my machines. SuperATV on one and Tusk on the other. I prefer the SuperATV it is easier to remove and better scratch resistance.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Anyone have the fold down Tusk 1/2 windshield with extra 2 inch height? Ordered.

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Ive done it in my P1K5 honda hard coat with no problems. Just make sure u have a nice sharp bit and go slow and don’t push the drill and you’ll be fine.
Thanks Remington. I’ve worked with lexan before and your right on the new bit. I guess the way the other windshield cracked was something they have never seen. Between the two top Honda clamps. And the cracks just wouldn’t stop. Looked perfect after the hole then after a few drives , crack. Thanks. I really want to put one on. Maybe if it screws tight on the windshield it’s good. Thanks again.
Caper

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks Remington. I’ve worked with lexan before and your right on the new bit. I guess the way the other windshield cracked was something they have never seen. Between the two top Honda clamps. And the cracks just wouldn’t stop. Looked perfect after the hole then after a few drives , crack. Thanks. I really want to put one on. Maybe if it screws tight on the windshield it’s good. Thanks again.
Caper
Your most welcome. If you look in my garage items, you’ll see my P1K5 build. Towards the most recent pages, you’ll see the wiper and how I mounted it.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Caper
Your most welcome. If you look in my garage items, you’ll see my P1K5 build. Towards the most recent pages, you’ll see the wiper and how I mounted it.
Cool. I will check it out.
Thanks again.
Caper

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cool. I will check it out.
Thanks again.
Caper
Hay Caper, a little off topic. I see your in Halifax, have you ben to or by Oak Island? I know it’s near you. Our fellow Michiganders are the ones digging there.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda flip up but it cracked in a few places after flipping a few times at the Takeover. next week I'll be ordering the Honda Pioneer 500 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield
The Honda shield was hard to see through when wet or dusty. Plus the flip up wasn't enough IMHO to let in enough airflow in warmer areas like summer in Idaho. Looking forward to the SuperATV

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is there any negatives to the half wind shield cause that’s what I really want
Nope I have both. The half is great in warm wether for sure.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hay Caper, a little off topic. I see your in Halifax, have you ben to or by Oak Island? I know it’s near you. Our fellow Michiganders are the ones digging there.
No way. I watch that show religiously. Haha. I guess it’s hard to get on the island to see what’s going on. I would volunteer but I guess they have lodes of people that want to volunteer. Darn. Haha. Can you get me an in. Haha. It will be interesting what happens this year. I think people can take a tour of the island. I have my own theory . I think it’s alre gone. But we’ll see. Haha. Those guys from Michigan have money to burn, Haha. Oil and gas money. I have a friend that made a lot of money in that out west but he just fishes and hunts everywhere. Nice. I’ll go by this summer and say Remington sent me. Haha. Thanks for the chat. That’s cool.
Caper

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No way. I watch that show religiously. Haha. I guess it’s hard to get on the island to see what’s going on. I would volunteer but I guess they have lodes of people that want to volunteer. Darn. Haha. Can you get me an in. Haha. It will be interesting what happens this year. I think people can take a tour of the island. I have my own theory . I think it’s alre gone. But we’ll see. Haha. Those guys from Michigan have money to burn, Haha. Oil and gas money. I have a friend that made a lot of money in that out west but he just fishes and hunts everywhere. Nice. I’ll go by this summer and say Remington sent me. Haha. Thanks for the chat. That’s cool.
Caper
There from the Traverse city area. The north is full of natural gas wells. They also have a huge wine vineyard those 2 places I’d say is where they get there money. If they don’t find anything this time around, I’d say there done! But who knows?

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
There from the Traverse city area. The north is full of natural gas wells. They also have a huge wine vineyard those 2 places I’d say is where they get there money. If they don’t find anything this time around, I’d say there done! But who knows?
I don’t know. Finding that little cross on the rock beach was crazy how old it is. And that’s just another twist. The Templers. Who knows. We’ve herd stories from the ‘60 s growing up . Black Beard and other pirates. But not Templers. They need to find one good thing coming up from the spoils. I hope they find what ever it is. Our great Nova Scotia government made a law called The Treasure Trove ACT. Which means the government gets to keep a lot. I think they get to keep jewels and maybe gold. But who knows. The government will probably keep it for study for 100 years anyway. Haha. I’ll be watching.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Rode this hot day after installing the taller Tusk fold down half windshield (via Walmart). Pleased with the Honda hardcoat full-tilt, but a half or fold down version is waaay nicer during summer. Wish had done it sooner. Worth the seasonal swap out IMO. Liking the Tusk hood thumb knob latch. Both work with Koplin side mirrors.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Rode this hot day after installing the taller Tusk fold down half windshield (via Walmart). Pleased with the Honda hardcoat full-tilt, but a half or fold down version is waaay nicer during summer. Wish had done it sooner. Worth the seasonal swap out IMO. Liking the Tusk hood thumb knob latch. Both work with Koplin side mirrors.
You got a pic of that?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
You got a pic of that?
Tusk extra 2 inch tall, fold down with hood latch. Can access under hood. Instructions could have used more pics, so here are some. Good quality metal clamps, hex screws.

893E4547 C36C 4CD4 8C81 0D33986F24F5 0D1E762E A5B2 48FA 8F21 41065EDF7CFD 40A2C4BD F2FC 48B4 B504 5F3B5D90C1C3 2FB59848 5C75 4535 BFC0 2972A4FDF197 67DFA428 D6D2 4F5D 99E5 AA8430ECF235

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper and Remington
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Mudder. You guys get all the good stuff. Walmart doesn’t have anything like that up here. I had to go to Maine to get a good cover for my boat, at a reasonable cost. I have the Honda side mirrors. Now I’m thinking half too. We’ll see how it goes in a couple weeks. There are a couple of after market places in Canada. But you guys down south have a lot more heat than us up here. We had 85 degrees for a few days and it was tooo hot for this boy from the Great WhiteNorth. Haha. Then I see Texas the other day and over 100 degrees daily. Wow. Stay cool.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thru Internet Walmart, actually from Unhinged ATV, free shipping. Heat index around 100 common here. Hope this helps.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tusk-UTV-Hinged-windshield-Fits-Honda-Pioneer-500-2015-2017/497194888
Holy crap. Do you guys do anything to stop the heat from the engine coming up the seat. And how far can you ride at 100 degrees. Wow. In lots of trees and shade. Hopefully. Fall is our best time up here. Nice and cool, no bugs, and the fall colours. Got this picture today from my brother inCape Breton . A nice trail on a hot day. His RZR is in back.
Caper
F59F2826 567E 4A08 B9E3 BBB5F67D43C0

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!