🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Am I wasting my time here?

I don't think so. I saw my average corn bu/acre drop to 173 from well over 200. We barely got our crops out due to rain and snow Oct-Nov and then December was dry as a bone.Weird stuff and much worse than 09. This "Grand Solar Minimum" weather is messed up and hard to farm in. The info you post will be a great resource for when "it" happens. Whatever that may be.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think so. I saw my average corn bu/acre drop to 173 from well over 200. We barely got our crops out due to rain and snow Oct-Nov and then December was dry as a bone.Weird stuff and much worse than 09. This "Grand Solar Minimum" weather is messed up and hard to farm in. The info you post will be a great resource for when "it" happens. Whatever that may be.
Thank you, it's nice to know and get some real feed back on occasion. I hate saying it, but things only seem to be trending towards the worst. I've spent the last week.5 really studying the solar cycles space weather and forecasted models, global food shortages etc. I'm on here trying to alert all my friends and the other dinguses here to let them know the way of things and what to expect and to be prepared. I felt like no one was listening. It's why I took a break from the forum. I realized I can't save everyone. I'm just hoping everyone takes the necessary steps to guard themselves against the coming storm. Thank you!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are in Northern Missouri and our corn did 200+ bushel/acre this year. I agree that the weather is a little screwed up at times but I cant focus on everything going to hell in a hand basket. Farming is a gamble for sure.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We are in Northern Missouri and our corn did 200+ bushel/acre this year. I agree that the weather is a little screwed up at times but I cant focus on everything going to hell in a hand basket. Farming is a gamble for sure.
I am also reading usda reports, global farm and harvest reports, and as an example: America is the largest grower and exporter of corn in the world. Brazil being the second. America just ordered 200,000 metric tons of corn to be delivered from Argentina this year. They are currently experiencing droughts. Brazil is in a record drought right now and facing record supply shortages. A lot of the corn, soy and wheat, either wasn't planted in time, got flooded or froze in the fields. I believe this years harvest was 35%-55% of normal yields.. Canada just had millions of acres of canola freeze in their fields, There's a shortage of olives and olive oil due to major droughts in the Mediterranean. There's currently a global shortage of horseradish. Many soda and other companies are actually removing sugar from their products altogether and replacing it with Asperteme. The sugar beet crops were a near total loss this year from flooding, as well as much of the sugarcane in the southern US froze. There has been many reports on shortages of seed potatoes due to flooding and freezes. Australia is in severe drought. Smithfield is the largest pork producer in America and are now a Chinese owned company. 98% of the pork raised by Smithfield is being sent to China due to the African swine flu that decimated billions of pigs. The flu has now been reported to be in Africa and Indonesia. There is a massive push in China to buy up all the soy bean futures this year. Also the loss of many of America's cow herds due to flooding and Austrailia has been slaughtering my of their herds because there isn't any water to give them. I've read reports that some ranches are even killing off the breeding stock. Many farms are disappearing en masse in Europe on a daily basis due to regulation and weather conditions. The forecasted harvests for 2020 grain crops is also looking bleak and being less than 2019. There has been a big push to get people open to the idea on eating insects now as well. My point is, While there is still some plenty and prices aren't terribly high, stock up and put something aside for later. You pay for insurance don't you?

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am also reading usda reports, global farm and harvest reports, and as an example: America is the largest grower and exporter of corn in the world. Brazil being the second. America just ordered 200,000 metric tons of corn to be delivered from Argentina this year. They are currently experiencing droughts. Brazil is in a record drought right now and facing record supply shortages. A lot of the corn, soy and wheat, either wasn't planted in time, got flooded or froze in the fields. I believe this years harvest was 35%-55% of normal yields.. Canada just had millions of acres of canola freeze in their fields, There's a shortage of olives and olive oil due to major droughts in the Mediterranean. There's currently a global shortage of horseradish. Many soda and other companies are actually removing sugar from their products altogether and replacing it with Asperteme. The sugar beet crops were a near total loss this year from flooding, as well as much of the sugarcane in the southern US froze. There has been many reports on shortages of seed potatoes due to flooding and freezes. Australia is in severe drought. Smithfield is the largest pork producer in America and are now a Chinese owned company. 98% of the pork raised by Smithfield is being sent to China due to the African swine flu that decimated billions of pigs. The flu has now been reported to be in Africa and Indonesia. There is a massive push in China to buy up all the soy bean futures this year. Also the loss of many of America's cow herds due to flooding and Austrailia has been slaughtering my of their herds because there isn't any water to give them. I've read reports that some ranches are even killing off the breeding stock. Many farms are disappearing en masse in Europe on a daily basis due to regulation and weather conditions. The forecasted harvests for 2020 grain crops is also looking bleak and being less than 2019. There has been a big push to get people open to the idea on eating insects now as well. My point is, While there is still some plenty and prices aren't terribly high, stock up and put something aside for later. You pay for insurance don't you?
Listen Brother, I’m not saying you’re wrong. We have Cattle and Farm and garden so I feel like I’ve got a leg up on the situation. I have a stocked gun safe and reloading room as well. I’ve hunted all over my state and love the outdoors. I might not be prepared at the same level but I feel comfortable at this point.

J

JTW

Listen Brother, I’m not saying you’re wrong. We have Cattle and Farm and garden so I feel like I’ve got a leg up on the situation. I have a stocked gun safe and reloading room as well. I’ve hunted all over my state and love the outdoors. I might not be prepared at the same level but I feel comfortable at this point.
Exactly... same boat. It’s just rural life. If you have enough lead stockpiled then it really doesn’t matter.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly... same boat. It’s just rural life. If you have enough lead stockpiled then it really doesn’t matter.
Agreed! I reload everything that I have from shotgun, pistol to rifle. I need to start keeping all of my powder in the safe but not enough room. I guess I need another safe.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!