Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it almost seems engineered with all the food shortages especially in china and of course the biggest celebration in china where everyone from all the outlying provinces all flock to the cities for one giant celebration. and someone eats a bat....with snake sauce....chewey!
Well when you eat rodents with wings, Here’s Your Sign!

Reactions: 100Acre and Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even if the virus never makes it over here you may think how is this going to affect me?

Chinese New Year is today over there - this is their biggest holiday celebration of the year. People are on holiday for up to a month
  • Most factories started shutting down over a week ago and do not start opening back up until week of Feb 10th.
  • US ports will be without shipments from china from about 3/2 through 3/27 (roughly)
  • Week of 4/6 probably the first time new inventory is going to be hitting DC's
Most of the Chinese factory work force actually live far away from the factories - there is a risk that the quarantines restricts a large % of the marking force from making it back from the CNY (Chinese New Year) holiday. Factories always see a drop after CNY in the work force as for many they only get to see their family a couple times a year and after having a month back home - well you can guess some decide not to return.

Why is this important/ something to watch? -> Supply chain. Most suppliers are stocked up on inventory right now to fulfill normal retail demand until the can get resupplied after CNY.

You may not remember but back with Japan that their Fukushima nuclear event Computer memory sky rocked. Sometime doubling in price as that area was home to most of the production (that is just one example)

Some times off the top of my head that might be impacted if china can not get factories up and running at full capacity
  1. Shoes
  2. Apparel
  3. Home goods
  4. Machinery (harbor freight among many others)
  5. Electronics
Many are saying it is spreading fast in china due to the sanitary (or lack of) conditions they live in (further out from the metro areas).... well India and Pakistan and much much worse and do not have the infrastructure that china has and it was just reported that India now has a few suspected cases....

Even if this does not have the death rate impact of the Spanish flu this keep jumping it will still affect us in some form or fashion.

Something to think on...
Probably so

Reactions: 100Acre
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Old lady says they aren’t too concerned yet. Said the flu kills well over half million every season and this is only a couple dozen at this point. Believes the risk here to be low. I guess we’ll see
I like her thinking, no cave for me just yet!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mon, sheeet. Sky be all fallin in me bat soup!
8FA5E4AA EE26 44FA BE22 049360C3E769

Reactions: Russ989 and Mudwing
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FINALLY

Reactions: Russ989
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FINALLY
Did you see that the US just confirmed it’s first case of human to human transfer. I hate to say it but this could get a little ugly.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting sick aside - keep eye on supply chain...

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am not trying to make light of this but coronavirus is nothing new it killed about 800 people back in 2002 mostly in China and Hong Kong, they called it SARS, Severe Acute Respiratory syndrome,,,,,,,, it is very hard for them to contain and control because there are too many people in a given area they are living ontop of one another,,,,,:confused:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am not trying to make light of this but coronavirus is nothing new it killed about 800 people back in 2002 mostly in China and Hong Kong, they called it SARS, Severe Acute Respiratory syndrome,,,,,,,, it is very hard for them to contain and control because there are too many people in a given area they are living ontop of one another,,,,,:confused:
Yea, and I'm landing in Dallas twice in a 8 day period, surgical gloves, mask and sanitizer. Really like the wording under your avatar!

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea, and I'm landing in Dallas twice in a 8 day period, surgical gloves, mask and sanitizer. Really like the wording under your avatar!
Yes all that being said I would still be real nervous about setting next to an Asian person on a airplane,,,don't mean to sound discriminatory but it is what it is,,,,,:oops:

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This virus is not SARS .. wnile It might have some relation to I don’t know but it is Not a virus that has been seen before. while SARS had a mortality rate of about 9-10% it was not a super easily transmitted virus this cornavirus has already had more reported cases than SARs did (see chart below). While the numbers are small (in the big scheme ) the rate of spread and the fact That the death numbers is = to the recovered numbers increase the potential for this Virus to case havoc.

it may never become a big deal here in the States but it is going to cause supply chain issues that will effect the economy - simply due to all the quarantines going on...

Attachments

• B2FA5CDB-4737-481B-8E3F-997980AE5C36.jpeg
    B2FA5CDB-4737-481B-8E3F-997980AE5C36.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 134
P

PNWGuy

My girlfriend and I thought we had it...

We spent a week in Arizona on vacation just when the virus was getting in the news. We flew back to Washington and remember a guy on our flight and in our row that was hacking up a lung. The next day, we're both sick. We came down with some nasty cold/flu. We had ALL of the symptoms and missed a few days of work. Then we saw on the news that the first reported case in the US was from a guy that flew into Washington state the same day we did.

My girlfriend actually went to the Urgent Care her throat was so bad. They didn't test her for anything, despite her mentioning the coronavirus link. They just said it wasn't Strep and to continue with fluids and rest.

She's over it now, but I still have a cough that refuses to go away.

Living in an area with 2 major universities with large Asian populations, and I work in corporate headquarters with visitors and employees from around the world, and my girlfriend is in the aviation department and has to wipe down the interior of the corporate jets between flights, we will be exposed to the Coronavirus, if we haven't been already.

Not worried about our health, but passing it on to our elderly parents and our young nieces and nephews.

Reactions: 100Acre and Mudwing
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jean Pain - A french innovator who developed a compost based bio energy system that produced 100% of his energy needs. He heated water to 60 degrees celsius at a rate of 4 litres a minute which he used for washing and heating. He also distilled enough methane to run an electricity generator, cooking elements, and power his truck. This method of creating usable energy from composting materials has come to be known as Jean Pain Composting, or the Jean Pain Method.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you see that the US just confirmed it’s first case of human to human transfer. I hate to say it but this could get a little ugly.
my issue there is what about all the other people she shared her flight with? no mention of those folks

Reactions: FJC 79 and Russ989
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder how the Stuporbowl will do, in both attendance and the possible spread of infectious illnesses?

Also, The worst locust swarms in 70 years, are decimating crops in Africa. More global food shortages.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!