BOX1

Lets talk Radios again... Pioneer takeover!

J

JTW

Let me see if I have this correct. The radio I am asking about can be used on all frs channels 1-14 and all gmrs channels 1-7 as well as 15-22 , But i need a license to use gmrs channels 1-7 and 15-22 ?
Don’t worry about it..

Reactions: sharp
C

Chooglin

Nope.. but the file is already created so it’s what several of us are running. Just plug it into your computer and download after someone sends it to you.
Thanks for the info.

Wich cable and antena are you using ?

Reactions: sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is this pre-programmed ?
No but if you get the software and cable with the radio. I have the cile with the channels that the majority of the forum members have programmed in there radios. I will be glad to email it to you and assist you in loading the program.

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was to late!
I use a magnetic mounted antenna
20180523 121930

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I use per @Ragnar406 suggestion... I’m pleased. I haven’t had any issues and it’s “waterproof” so you may want to check it out. Just FYI.

TYT TH8600 Waterproof Dual Band 25w Mobile Radio | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/TYT-TH-8600-Transceiver-Waterproof-Amateur/dp/B07F3WXL2V/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I just like this radio because I don't have to worry about it getting wet. it get sprayed with the power washer whenever I clean off the honda and so far has held up great.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
FYI If your radio display is in Chinese let me know. I also have the updated file to remedy that also.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
i finally ditched my mag mount antenna, I had mine mount in back up high and got sick of it getting beat up by branches. I have the same antenna on my truck (uhf mounted) so I know they work good so I bought a nmo mount of the same antenna (https://www.amazon.com/NR770HBNMO-Mobile-antenna-70cm-40in/dp/B00AR09XBK/?tag=sxsweb24-20) to put on the pioneer. I already had made the mount for the led cube so I just made a tab to put the nmo mount on.
Ant mount
Ant mounted

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!