Lets talk Radios again... Pioneer takeover!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
4ca07bcb395d3955425f7fc2691320b3
They are on the way!
Another item of the list.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A friendly warning. Probably.
(Seriously- I think that's the protocol). THEN if ignored, FCC gets involved. (The ppl that find you are not FCC, it's a unit designed to inform FCC, so technically they are supposed to guide you back into the light.)

So Leroy trifocal comes out of mom's basement with his star wars cosplay friends in a Prius sporting a 12 ft ham radio antenna on a "Fox Hunt" in Tennessee so tell people he's gonna snitch on them? I assure you that guy has never met a man with lime, a backhoe, and wilderness land at his disposal.

Snitches get stiches.

J

Jshell3

Ok.
CHIRP worked --> Home - CHIRP
For the GT-3TP I had to select this model --> BF-F8HP
Was it easy?
Plus you can designate add'l characteristics to each channel. Like to skip when scanning, and power levels to transmit.

Modulation settings as well.

Plus... BIG PLUS HERE... there are factory presets that you can just load. Like weather and repeater frequencies

J

Jshell3

WOW... that took like 3 seconds to program all FRS and GMRS frequencies.
Wanna know something else?

I found 3 different OTC walkies in my hunting stuff.
3 different brands. Cobra, Audiovox, and some other one. They all use aaa batteries.

They are not programmable, but I turned them on and each of them are set up EXACTLY as the FRS frequencies.
Meaning Channel 1 is channel 1 no matter the radio.

They all work w my Baofengs with the 1-14 list posted #1 in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jshell3

So Leroy trifocal comes out of mom's basement with his star wars cosplay friends in a Prius sporting a 12 ft ham radio antenna on a "Fox Hunt" in Tennessee so tell people he's gonna snitch on them? I assure you that guy has never met a man with lime, a backhoe, and wilderness land at his disposal.

Snitches get stiches.
Ha!
That's right.

J

JTW

Snitches get stiches.
Lmao.. that's funny s***, and oh so true!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!