P500 Lightbar mount question

J

Jshell3

A buddy of mine bought me a 32" curved lightbar. I helped him on another project...

Anyways, I just put a $350 hard roof on Blueberry, and DO NOT want to go drilling holes. So I've been researching roll bar mount kits...
but I'm not sure what SIZE the Pioneer roll bar actually is...

Any help, appreciated.

Jonathan.

Lightbar mount Lightbar mount2

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JTW

A buddy of mine bought me a 40" curved lightbar. I helped him on another project...

Anyways, I just put a $350 hard roof on Blueberry, and DO NOT want to go drilling holes. So I've been researching roll bar mount kits...

Any help, appreciated.

Jonathan.

View attachment 22995 View attachment 22996
I just ordered some of those mounts.. I also found these that might work. This would allow you to measure from the outside of your roll bars and mount whatever light you wanted.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B015YCR7QI/?tag=sxsweb24-20

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
A buddy of mine bought me a 40" curved lightbar. I helped him on another project...

Any help, appreciated.

Jonathan.

Drill the holes...IMO.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Any help, appreciated.

Jonathan.

There's threads all over this forum in which that question has been asked and answered. I would think a search should be possible. Mount it to the roll bar, it will be sturdier and it won't get hung on low hanging vines, brush, and branches.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I think @jak9922 had some issues with his being mounted to the roof, rattled the mounts loose. At least where it was on his maybe..I could be wrong but thought I saw it in his walk around video.
yes i mounted mine to my roof alone and it stripped the bolts that go into the light bar thats when i put the rod through the brackets to sandwich it tight so it cant loosen

Reactions: Jshell3
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have those same mounts and I removed the L bracket and drilled a hole through my Honda roof and then mounted the light with the supplied brackets down to the clamps worked out really well as they were flush with the roof were mine is mounted.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
ummmm what???? the L bracket is bolted through my honda roof but because it flexes it stripped the lightbar threads

J

Jshell3

yes i mounted mine to my roof alone and it stripped the bolts that go into the light bar thats when i put the rod through the brackets to sandwich it tight so it cant loosen
@jak9922 , I watched the walk around video. Are you happy now w/ the .25" all thread (squeeze) set-up + brackets affixed to the roof only? You're obviously not babying your P500... HA!)

Can you recommend this mount to me, or would you go a different route if you had it to do over?

My question is the rigidity of roof alone v/s roll bar. Tree limbs, and vibration out on the end of the roof.
However, ascetically, the position of your lightbar is perfectly placed for the best look and functionality. (to mount off the roll cage, I will have to bring the light inside the cab and mount 4" lower.)

Last edited by a moderator:
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
yes the rod makes it perfect now it hasent loosened up a bit sence i did it and if i was going to do the bar all over again i would put it in the same location just under the roof not over just more peace of mind that it wont catch on something that you didnt see

Reactions: JTW and Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
yes the rod makes it perfect now it hasent loosened up a bit sence i did it and if i was going to do the bar all over again i would put it in the same location just under the roof not over just more peace of mind that it wont catch on something that you didnt see
I agree that under the roof is better.

Reactions: jak9922
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
ummmm what???? the L bracket is bolted through my honda roof but because it flexes it stripped the lightbar threads

I will try to get a pic of how it is mounted. But I used the mounts that came with the light bar and just bolted them down through the roof to those brackets. My light bar was wide enough that it hit the roof just right so the roof just acts like a spacer between the bar mount and the light mount.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
20160430 092657
I wouldn't drill holes
in my roof....
definitely needs to
be mounted on a
rollbar...to not have
future issues...
IMO...
the 12" on mine throws
out plenty of light

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
@jak9922 , I watched the walk around video. Are you happy now w/ the .25" all thread (squeeze) set-up + brackets affixed to the roof only? You're obviously not babying your P500... HA!)

Can you recommend this mount to me, or would you go a different route if you had it to do over?

My question is the rigidity of roof alone v/s roll bar. Tree limbs, and vibration out on the end of the roof.
However, ascetically, the position of your lightbar is perfectly placed for the best look and functionality. (to mount off the roll cage, I will have to bring the light inside the cab and mount 4" lower.)
Jak
rides one way
HARD.....

Reactions: jak9922 and JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Is that a used winch condom??
My drunk buddy put
it on there...during our
summer camp trips
...& looked good.
so I put 2 rocks in it
....you can rub um...
I won't tell
hahaha

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!