rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I mounted my 22" right to the plastic roof with the hardware supplied. It has came loose once and was hanging from one bolt.
Not the ones through the roof though, the ones that screw into the bar. It does take a beatin' up there.View attachment 23203
Hey Trig
did you buy that
green fuel container
or did ya paint it....
I need 2 green ones

Reactions: trigger
J

Jshell3

Here is how I mounted mine up.. I took off the L bracket that came with the clamps. The bar clamps actually worked out perfect where they were flush with the roof so I just drilled through the roof and used the brackets that came with the light bar and mounted it down to those clamps.
View attachment 23150
View attachment 23151
That's pretty smart. Where / How did you run the wires through the roof? I think I may go this route, when the 1.75" come in, Monday.

Reactions: JTW
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That's pretty smart. Where / How did you run the wires through the roof? I think I may go this route, when the 1.75" come in, Monday.

I bought a separate harness that came with an LED lightbar switch so it was I think 8 foot long so I cut it down but I ran it through the roof right behind the light and it comes out right over the front roll bar. It then is zip tied on top of the roll cage back to the top passenger side corner. I then have a black wire wrap that has the light and my stereo power ran down he down tube to the battery for power the rest I pulled through under the seat above the skid plate along with all of the factory wiring backup under the hood. I had a bunch of 3/4" heat shrink wire loom from some motorcycle parts I used to make so I used it and ran everything through it to keep it clean looking.

Full

Reactions: Jshell3 and rocmar
J

Jshell3

Update...
Roof light has been mounted.

Try as I might, the roof was drilled. @trigger (like post #3). Lol. The bar clamps just couldn't cut the mustard. Too much leverage out on the ends.
I went above the roof, bc below was TOO much in sight restriction, not to mention the possibility of HORRIBLE glare.
I got the curve of the light all the way out to the edge of the roof. So no shadowing.

I used what I'll refer to as a "Jak-rod" to keep it together so thanks to @jak9922 for the educational video. :D

I also added lights on the back. I was running wire and loom anyways.

And as the 1st rule of Fight Club clearly states... here are some pics.

IMG 2050 IMG 2051 IMG 2058 IMG 2071 IMG 2062

Last edited by a moderator:
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
looks good.. Boy that is a nice tool box, I think I actually had the same rack for a while but I cut mine down at one point.

Reactions: Jshell3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Update...
Roof light has been mounted.

Try as I might, the roof was drilled. @trigger (like post #3). Lol. The bar clamps just couldn't cut the mustard. Too much leverage out on the ends.
I went above the roof, bc below was TOO much in sight restriction, not to mention the possibility of HORRIBLE glare.
I got the curve of the light all the way out to the edge of the roof. So no shadowing.

I used what I'll refer to as a "Jak-rod" to keep it together so thanks to @jak9922 for the educational video. :D

I also added lights on the back. I was running wire and loom anyways.

And as the 1st rule of Fight Club clearly states... here are some pics.

View attachment 23547 View attachment 23548 View attachment 23549 View attachment 23551 View attachment 23552

Bad ass J! That thing is going to throw some light. Mine is only a 22" and turns night to day.
Don't understand how the rod would keep the bolts from loosening up though? Less push on them outward?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Bad ass J! That thing is going to throw some light. Mine is only a 22" and turns night to day.
Don't understand how the rod would keep the bolts from loosening up though? Less push on them outward?
If he used thread rod...
from..mount to mount..
it makes the lightbar
more rigid...less vibration

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
without it the outer brackets would stip out due to the flex of the roof the rod tightens it up squeezing it together same concept as head bolt vs head studs

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like I'm going to get some threaded rod tomorrow...thanks jak!

Yep, get you some all thread (you can get stainless all thread at Amazon) and you'll be set.

J

Jshell3

The lightbar is bright. No doubt. Mounted out on the edge causes a slight "shake" at idle, but not at all driving down the road.
The rear lights worked out better than expected. Up high, and not right in your face if you're working off the rear basket.
I figured out that Honda already had outlined knockouts in the dash for the switches... under the hood, look at the backside of the dash. So my new switches in the dash lined up nicely.
That's about it. My lightbar will probably get used more than my headlights, until ppl start complaining that I'm blinding them. Ha!

IMG 2096

J

Jshell3

It's impossible to take pictures at night. White balance and Focus are a joke.
The word graphic "Blue Berry" is to be relocated to make way for the switches. (Cause that's right where the knockouts were).
You can't get a sense of how bright this is...

IMG 2083 IMG 2107 IMG 2098

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The lightbar is bright. No doubt. Mounted out on the edge causes a slight "shake" at idle, but not at all driving down the road.
The rear lights worked out better than expected. Up high, and not right in your face if you're working off the rear basket.
I figured out that Honda already had outlined knockouts in the dash for the switches... under the hood, look at the backside of the dash. So my new switches in the dash lined up nicely.
That's about it. My lightbar will probably get used more than my headlights, until ppl start complaining that I'm blinding them. Ha!

View attachment 23607

I never spotted the knockouts. Just drilled holes. Now I feel like a dumbass, thanks J! :)

Reactions: rocmar and JTW
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I never spotted the knockouts. Just drilled holes. Now I feel like a dumbass, thanks J! :)
Don't feel too bad @trigger, you're probably not the only one to miss the marks on the backside. I wouldn't have seen them either I just happened to notice them when I was monkeying with under hood storage, well before I was looking to put lights and switches on.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Don't feel too bad @trigger, you're probably not the only one to miss the marks on the backside. I wouldn't have seen them either I just happened to notice them when I was monkeying with under hood storage, well before I was looking to put lights and switches on.

I sure missed them... I made a template out of cardboard and used it to mark the dash prior to drilling and cutting out mine...

Reactions: trigger and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!