YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, well I'm thinking about getting a set but the choices are mind boggling to say the least. I like the Gorilla Siverback Xtreme, and the 5150's, and the 187's, and the Venom's, and the Tribal's, and the Booger's, and the Redneck's, and the Dream Whips, and the ......well you can see where I'm going with this. So many choices and every brand claims they are the best. What whips do you have? Are they durable? Are they bright? Do they offer a lot of light patterns? Are they synchronized? Let's hear what brand you went with, the pro's and the con's, and would you buy them again.

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 4157
Just my recommendation'
Oh you said lighted.
My bad

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
4’ Millar FX Twisted Extreme whips for me. I have a set of 3’ now also since I got wedges into some rocks at Disney and cut the top off one of my 4’ I sent them back and they cut down both to match. So I have a backup set of needed. They are very durable(except wedging them between the roll cage and rocks) never out of sync, Bright, lots of colors. If you want more precise “explosive” patterns do the 5V like all the cool guys (@my99svt @Tramguage1 @fasteddierzr @Ragnar406) but I’m fine with these. Mine control every 3 leds for patterns and theirs can control each individual led independently. I have researched this a lot and haven’t seen anything better than the Millar whips. The lady who does them is in texas so it’s fast shipping and she has flash sales on Facebook if you do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you everyone for the replies, it helps me a lot. Those FX Twisted are looking good right now. Any other input ?

Reactions: Biteme
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice! Welcome to the club. That lady owes me some referral money. Lol if she knew how many people I’ve told about her whips.

Really starting to like these, but no mounting hardware is included according to the website, but maybe I missed it. So how did you mount yours?

Reactions: Biteme
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really starting to like these, but no mounting hardware is included according to the website, but maybe I missed it. So how did you mount yours?
@my99svt has a 1000-3 he can probably tell you how he did it. For the 1000-5 you can get some brackets that just attach to the rear ROPs. Really the same bracket would probably work for you

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YQED0HG/?tag=sxsweb24-20 Is what I used - you do have to drill out the hole

Reactions: Biteme and YardDog
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, well I'm thinking about getting a set but the choices are mind boggling to say the least. I like the Gorilla Siverback Xtreme, and the 5150's, and the 187's, and the Venom's, and the Tribal's, and the Booger's, and the Redneck's, and the Dream Whips, and the ......well you can see where I'm going with this. So many choices and every brand claims they are the best. What whips do you have? Are they durable? Are they bright? Do they offer a lot of light patterns? Are they synchronized? Let's hear what brand you went with, the pro's and the con's, and would you buy them again.
I went with the booger lights in 36". They work great. Mounted to the back of the cage and they don't stick above the machine so they don't get snapped off

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the booger lights in 36". They work great. Mounted to the back of the cage and they don't stick above the machine so they don't get snapped off

Mine have bent over almost completely and haven’t snapped. I like them being slightly above the cab so you can see them from in front of the vehicle as well if necessary. I.E switch back trails.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!