Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry didn't see you question until this morning 20171124 155634 20171119 172732

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don’t be skeered Doc! ;) We know you want whips and rock lights;)
IF that were the case, I'd already have them. I don't need to stand out from the pack! "Hey look at me"!o_O That being said if Christine said, "Don, you need those lights, and I mean now"! I'd already have them.;)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IF that were the case, I'd already have them. I don't need to stand out from the pack! "Hey look at me"!o_O That being said if Christine said, "Don, you need those lights, and I mean now"! I'd already have them.;)
Well let’s be honest - by not having them you kinda “stand out from the pack” :D

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
He works like a magician...slide of hand....here..ill make fun of all you over there while i put all the stuff i make fun of on my rig.
I'm guilty of it too. I stood on the side and made fun of Nbomar. And after the takeover I have Boogers coming and rock lights. I went full head on Hypocrite... And I don't care. My daughter has a party coming up and she will be a hit.all that matters to me..

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm guilty of it too. I stood on the side and made fun of Nbomar. And after the takeover I have Boogers coming and rock lights. I went full head on Hypocrite... And I don't care. My daughter has a party coming up and she will be a hit.all that matters to me..

Your welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No comment at this current time.
Seems I f-ed them up. Lol. Awaiting reply from Venom for some service work.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Follow up on this and a shot out to Venom Whips. Link here ---> venomled

Frist adventure with the whips was the takeover. Seems I ended up busing a LED on the little net tab on the rear ROPS. Kinda pissed me off. When I installed them I was worried they would whip around and smash the ROPS a little hard so I installed some black foam padding but I didn't think about those little tabs. Anyways, I guess they hit just right and busted a LED on Thursday at the Takeover.

Got home, messaged Venom and they hooked me up with no charge repairs.

I got the venomled ShowStopper 3ft pair. They have 100+ different patterns. I want to get a video of at least a few dozens through rotations sometime.

Side note, The fiberglass rods seems to be stuck in the mounts from all the mud/dirt. I recommend applying some grease if you plan to remove them.

advertisement
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Follow up on this and a shot out to Venom Whips. Link here ---> venomled

Frist adventure with the whips was the takeover. Seems I ended up busing a LED on the little net tab on the rear ROPS. Kinda pissed me off. When I installed them I was worried they would whip around and smash the ROPS a little hard so I installed some black foam padding but I didn't think about those little tabs. Anyways, I guess they hit just right and busted a LED on Thursday at the Takeover.

Got home, messaged Venom and they hooked me up with no charge repairs.

I got the venomled ShowStopper 3ft pair. They have 100+ different patterns. I want to get a video of at least a few dozens through rotations sometime.

Side note, The fiberglass rods seems to be stuck in the mounts from all the mud/dirt. I recommend applying some grease if you plan to remove them.
Thank you for the update. I'm still on the fence as to what brand or if I will get them at all. I wasn't a fan of them at first, but knowing how much the grand kids will love them is the number one reason I was looking. Second would be that they really do help on group rides day or night. If I get a set I just want something durable that wont crap out the first time it hits a branch. Pretty much everyone has 300 modes lately, but to be honest most are a blur of color to me so I'll just have to toss the dice and see what I get. Again, thanks for the update.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I studied whips now for months and my head was starting to hurt.Everybodys whips are the brightest:eek:I didn't want to spend a lot but I didn't want junk either and I wanted a synced pair.Plumber32 said his Boogers worked good.
I called Booger up and they were on vacation o_O
Kinda ticked me off. But Brian the owner called me back and gave me a number of a guy right close to me that sold them.I figured they would be marked up from middle man.It turns out He set me up with a pair of 48" whips and extension cable for 200bucks shipped to my house in 2 days.These Boogers are bright as all hell.
I just cleaned sxs last night and started to build the mounts.
The company is called TrailBrite Led, and the owner is a huge SXS and atv off-road enthusiast.His wife puts on the Cancer rides here.Theyre names are Justin and BobbyJo Steffey.I called him that day and he got back to me at his main job as water authority worker and then later that night called me to personally do my order. I talked with him for a half and hour,To also find out that him and his wife give The politicians in Pa hell for wasting our registration and ORV plate money.:DAnd they are the EastCoast SXS adventures founders.

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which companies make their lighted whips in the USA?

Reactions: Biteme
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Which companies make their lighted whips in the USA?
It depends on what you mean by "make". I doubt there are any of these LED's being used that are made in the USA. They may do their own wrapping and wiring in the USA, but the materials (LED strips, controllers, tubing, etc) are all coming from China.

Reactions: Biteme and DAV11
DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recomend a set of 490 Whips.
I did a search on 490 whips. Not much luck. Who makes them? Or if I look at who liked your post, I assume Adam490 makes his own?

Last edited:
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I did a search on 490 whips. Not much luck. Who makes them? Or if I look at who liked your post, I assume Adam490 makes his own?
If you're the DIY type, you can make them pretty easily. @SuperMidget has a nice write up in the Pioneer 1000 Accessories section. I just finished wiring up a set like he put together to try out too.

The units I'm hoping to sell are not the ones I'm building myself.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What is a good set of lighted whips that will sync with your music? Maybe even a set of rock lights to sync with it?
There are a lot of them out there. It really depends on how much you want to spend and if there is a "brand" you like. They pretty much all use the same RF remotes or Bluetooth apps regardless of what you go with. The fancier ones typically use individually addressable 5v LED's which tend to be brighter and allow for more control (each LED can change versus cheaper ones where the LED's are addressed in blocks of 3 or more).

I'll shoot you a PM, I'm in the Covington area.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!