Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are to look pretty.... wait till you see the light show at the Takeover....I have been putting off buying a set but after my wife and daughter see them I'm sure I'm doomed
Yea you are.. or ... you have a excuse:D My son loves them and while I was at first "I'll never do that" when I first saw them - after one night ride you really grow to appreciate them. You can see them forever in the woods.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yea you are.. or ... you have a excuse:D My son loves them and while I was at first "I'll never do that" when I first saw them - after one night ride you really grow to appreciate them. You can see them forever in the woods.
That's what's been happening with me... I wasn't really interested in the lighted whips but after we went to Rush Springs, the wife said she liked them and wanted some. Same with the 4 point harnesses, radio, etc. Half the stuff I've done, she saw on someone else's ride and then wanted it.

Of course, I'm all for it - any excuse I can get to add stuff, I'll take!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what's been happening with me... I wasn't really interested in the lighted whips but after we went to Rush Springs, the wife said she liked them and wanted some. Same with the 4 point harnesses, radio, etc. Half the stuff I've done, she saw on someone else's ride and then wanted it.

Lucky man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Gentlemen that's why you take her for a walk at the takeover. Visit everyone and show her other peoples rides. Don't forget to point out things you would like on yours. It works for me!

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lucky man!

Yeah, no complaints... I'm all for keeping her happy and wanting to go riding - but it has kept me from adding stuff like the slasher front bumper, winch, and rims. I get a bit saved up and ready to add what I want, we go to a club ride and she wants me to spend it on other stuff!!! :p I'll get the stuff I want eventually. She's sold on the bumper/winch now though, think that'll be next on the list. Rims will come in time, I'm in no hurry.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man you guys need to pull up your boot straps and buy what you want. This whole permission thing has got me naucious. What happened to testosterone? When my wife says any thing to me about buying stuff, I say " I don't nag you for buying tampons"! She says" I need those" I say "exactly" then I make her go get me a beer. Yep thats pretty much how it goes around here.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man you guys need to pull up your boot straps and buy what you want. This whole permission thing has got me naucious. What happened to testosterone? When my wife says any thing to me about buying stuff, I say " I don't nag you for buying tampons"! She says" I need those" I say "exactly" then I make her go get me a beer. Yep thats pretty much how it goes around here.

Did you fall and bump your head and dream about Mary Anne again Gilligan?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be sure to quote this and ask next week when I see her.

Mine told me I don’t love her enough to buy shocks. I told her I thought skids would be better for takeover and I would order shocks if she coughed up the $1300.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
LMAO, I’m sure that’s exactly how it is! :rolleyes:

It’s not permission - if I needed something, I definitely just buy it. It helps to have her happy with where the $$ goes though.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be sure to quote this and ask next week when I see her.

Mine told me I don’t love her enough to buy shocks. I told her I thought skids would be better for takeover and I would order shocks if she coughed up the $1300.
Mines not coming this year. I got 3 kids with school ect.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I suspect there is a lot of "tongue in cheek" in the above but, really ................. some of you guys need to 'man up'! SMH.

Reactions: Plumber32
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm the kind of person that researches a lot before I buy and maybe I over analyze some things. But I've been watching every video I can find, reading reviews, checking dates to see if it is recent, or an old one before any issues if any had been addressed. With that said, I can find a lot of videos for most light whips, but only a handful for the FX 5V. Some of the others have really impressive patterns. Strobe, stacking, unstacking, chasing, some looked like fireworks being launched ect...But what little I found on the FX 5v was a lot of colors moving sluggish, and the majority were just flowing from the base to the tip. Does the FX 5V do more? I'm looking for the wow factor lol. And one final question. Does any of the whips mentioned in this thread sync to music? It's not a deal breaker, but would be a nice feature. Thanks again everyone, you're helping me narrow down the field.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm the kind of person that researches a lot before I buy and maybe I over analyze some things. But I've been watching every video I can find, reading reviews, checking dates to see if it is recent, or an old one before any issues if any had been addressed. With that said, I can find a lot of videos for most light whips, but only a handful for the FX 5V. Some of the others have really impressive patterns. Strobe, stacking, unstacking, chasing, some looked like fireworks being launched ect...But what little I found on the FX 5v was a lot of colors moving sluggish, and the majority were just flowing from the base to the tip. Does the FX 5V do more? I'm looking for the wow factor lol. And one final question. Does any of the whips mentioned in this thread sync to music? It's not a deal breaker, but would be a nice feature. Thanks again everyone, you're helping me narrow down the field.

I think your mistaking the 5v for the regular whips. They usually have them side by side. The 5v look like fire crackers going off a lot.

Reactions: Landman
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You don't want to be looking back at them, you'll have a wreck !

Reactions: Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!