cbsander

cbsander

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hey everyone, good evening. I currently have a 2006 Brute Force that I had initially bought new for mud riding and have been using it for hunting the last six years. It's not giving me any issues but I'm ready for the benefits of a SxS.

While waiting for a 1000-5 LE to arrive at the dealership, I've been doing some research on accessories. I want to use the SwitchPros SP9100 on the dash in lieu of rockers and relays for lights.

But the dash is obviously different between the LE and Deluxe/Std. The blank panel seems like it would be too far away in the LE for controlling my lights with the SP9100. But it seems like the light switch area on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is available.

Does anyone with an LE have pics of what you have mounted there? Seems like that would be a more convenient location. And I'm assuming it is reachable behind dash to mount electronics there as I've seen others with rocker switches mounted.

Thanks!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reaching to the right isn’t an issue, the lack of diff lock selection is for some people though.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
6eb34df9193355f792e8114aa7a9fdc5
2019 LE, works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbsander

cbsander

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Reaching to the right isn’t an issue, the lack of diff lock selection is for some people though.

I don't plan on hard-core mudding or rock crawling. I'll be doing a fair amount of riding around the neighborhood and then trailering it to Mississippi for hunting and scouting.

From the videos I've seen, I believe it should work just as well for that and then I don't have to think about it. But thanks for noting that. 👍

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't plan on hard-core mudding or rock crawling. I'll be doing a fair amount of riding around the neighborhood and then trailering it to Mississippi for hunting and scouting.

From the videos I've seen, I believe it should work just as well for that and then I don't have to think about it. But thanks for noting that. 👍
You’re welcome, I was just having fun. The i4wd system is pretty good and should serve you well.

cbsander

cbsander

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You’re welcome, I was just having fun. The i4wd system is pretty good and should serve you well.
That's how I took it. ;)

Though I've learned something with this F150 that has an open rear axle and electric locker. While it may be great to completely lock up the rear end going through mud or technical trail riding, I think I'd prefer to have a limited slip which would be better for me the majority of the time. I find myself leaving it in 4A when it rains b/c if you have to make a quick move from a stop, it'll just sit there and spin one wheel away.

Not a complete apples to apples comparison, as I find it nice to pull the lock lever on my Brute periodically and have that capability. But if it leads me to using my winch periodically, at least I'll be getting some use out of that thing! 😆

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's how I took it. ;)

Though I've learned something with this F150 that has an open rear axle and electric locker. While it may be great to completely lock up the rear end going through mud or technical trail riding, I think I'd prefer to have a limited slip which would be better for me the majority of the time. I find myself leaving it in 4A when it rains b/c if you have to make a quick move from a stop, it'll just sit there and spin one wheel away.

Not a complete apples to apples comparison, as I find it nice to pull the lock lever on my Brute periodically and have that capability. But if it leads me to using my winch periodically, at least I'll be getting some use out of that thing! 😆
Ecoboost??

Reactions: Lady01
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's how I took it. ;)

My Ram 2500 has a limited slip, it works well for me.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone, good evening. I currently have a 2006 Brute Force that I had initially bought new for mud riding and have been using it for hunting the last six years. It's not giving me any issues but I'm ready for the benefits of a SxS.

While waiting for a 1000-5 LE to arrive at the dealership, I've been doing some research on accessories. I want to use the SwitchPros SP9100 on the dash in lieu of rockers and relays for lights.

But the dash is obviously different between the LE and Deluxe/Std. The blank panel seems like it would be too far away in the LE for controlling my lights with the SP9100. But it seems like the light switch area on the dash to the left of the steering wheel is available.

Does anyone with an LE have pics of what you have mounted there? Seems like that would be a more convenient location. And I'm assuming it is reachable behind dash to mount electronics there as I've seen others with rocker switches mounted.

Thanks!
BA72689B D3F9 43D8 AF5A CC5C249BD95C
C624121C B432 48BF A0FE 2551AFAE02E0

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here two pics of my LE. Plenty of space on left side of the steering. Hollow and if you remove the cup holder easy to access. You will need a plastic rod/clothes hanger to fish the cables through. But a piece a cake nontheless. Hope that helps!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!