Little too much oil in 2020 pioneer 1000-5

A

Ainslieca

Jan 24, 2021
Summerfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I accidentally put a little to much oil in my sxs, do I need to drain some, or will it be alright? It is above the top line. If so, what would be the easiest way to drain just a little. Or would I need to remove one of the plugs again. Or would I have to drain a little from each plug?

Reactions: TxDoc
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably the easiest way is to use an oil sucker device. This is handy for all manner of tasks, like adding oil to differentials etc. It's cheap, effective, and a good tool to have around. Stick it in the filler hole and take out the excess: link to suction tool

Reactions: CID and Kinlaw
H

HondaTech

Probably the easiest way is to use an oil sucker device. This is handy for all manner of tasks, like adding oil to differentials etc. It's cheap, effective, and a good tool to have around. Stick it in the filler hole and take out the excess: link to suction tool
Cant suck oil from fill cap, the engine has a mesh screen directly below the hole.

Youd be better off going through the dipstick hole.

A

Ainslieca

Jan 24, 2021
Summerfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cant suck oil from fill cap, the engine has a mesh screen directly below the hole.

Youd be better off going through the dipstick hole.
Thank you I appreciate it.
Are those 20 gallon ones the smallest one I could get?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you I appreciate it.
Are those 20 gallon ones the smallest one I could get?
The suction device, I linked to above, is small only 1/5 quart. They come in all sizes though, including versions with a thin enough intake tube to fit down a dipstick hole.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!