Looking for a cargo box

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
This is a 48 gallon Rubbermaid action packer, fits nicely on the back and gives loads of storage. I carry a chain saw, tools, a 2 gallon gas can, and a cooler in it with room to spare. I used 2 bolt on ratchet straps and 2 D hooks bolted on the box to strap it down.

View attachment 7747
Lantz, I liked your setup so much that I copied it; hope you don't mind, but instead consider it a compliment. Here's a picture of my almost duplicate setup:
IMG 4992
IMG 4992

Misfit88

Misfit88

Nov 9, 2015
Just finished up this. Figured it would be my best option instead of having stuff all over the machine. Craigslist find for $100. Looks huge, but is really perfect size and perfect price.

On another note, i now cannot use the Strongbuilt model 564 rack i bought. Anyone interested PM me.

Image Image View attachment 9030

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alphapup

Alphapup

Dec 11, 2018
"Cabin in the Woods", CAN/USA Border, Kootenays BC
Ownership

1. 500

Great to see the images of the larger DeeZee! I would comment that the side image shows the box too far forward touching the cab/rollbar. I am also looking at fitting the same box but the lid needs about 2-3 inches of clearane to open from the rear. My measurements indicate that the back of the box would be about 2 inches over the rear rack to do so. I really like the fit but my wife thinks not so much... it's her ride!!!!

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Great to see the images of the larger DeeZee! I would comment that the side image shows the box too far forward touching the cab/rollbar. I am also looking at fitting the same box but the lid needs about 2-3 inches of clearane to open from the rear. My measurements indicate that the back of the box would be about 2 inches over the rear rack to do so. I really like the fit but my wife thinks not so much... it's her ride!!!!
We used the bigger Dee Zee box the most, my wife liked all the room it had,I divided it into four compartments inside to hold stuff from sliding around

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I found a company in MN that makes full size aluminum toppers for side by sides. I contacted them and they said they could make one for the P5. My next thought is what type of design would be best suited or for that matter the most popular? A straight box style topper the size of the rack up to the top of the roof? Or would something more smaller be better with a tire mount and room for other accessories like gas can or other stuff on top be better? What does everyone think? I know the full sized topper for a ranger or P1000 are about $900, a little expensive.

RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
On that note I like my wood box for what I use it for, Ice Fishing, but it is heavy I need 2 people to take it off and on!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
And not using my original wooden one nor the HF one now since adding a dump bed.
  • Cargo platform: 47-1/4 in. L x 20-1/2 in. W x 6 in. H

F

feesherman

Apr 13, 2020
sudbury
Ownership

1. 500
And not using my HF one now since adding a dump bed.
  • Cargo platform: 47-1/4 in. L x 20-1/2 in. W x 6 in. H
Thanks for the info! The one you show here doesn't have the metal cage. Not sure if that is a good thing.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have an aluminium golf cart bed i no longer use. Shipping would most likely be cost prohibitive but would let it go for $50. Its on the machine in my profile pic. In eastern KY but once covid is over i drive from Ohio, to Michigan to Illinois for work.

Reactions: Mudder
F

feesherman

Apr 13, 2020
sudbury
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you so much for the offer. Yesterday I found the basket and box combo that my wife liked so I ordered it. Much appreciated though!!

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
I used a setup with a toolbox like you’ve got and the basket from a receiver carrier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!