Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a CRF 150 R several years ago. It had some suspension work and a full exhaust it was a lot of fun

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had several XR200R's through the years which is the grandfather to the 230. They are still bulletproof. I had a CRF150R for my boys and it was a blast, but not what I would recommend for what you are looking for. I would suggest looking at the CRF230L as well as the F. If you can find one close in price it would let you get experience on the road as well, or at least get between trails legally. I teach ATV safety at a Honda facility here in Ohio and they also have dirt bike classes for beginners and use the CRF230F and CRF150F bikes to teach people how to use a clutch. They hold up to the abuse very well. Around here used hondas are hard to find and more expensive than the Yamahas though.
Yamaha built that bike as a direct competitor to the Honda so I don't think either would be a bad choice if the condition is right.

J

JTW

Well this happened.
E8754BA9 4744 4B3E 9A41 9B0FED268998

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You will get lots of enjoyment on that bike especially with the kids. That old design engine is bulletproof.
If you ever do upgrade you’ll get your money back, that’s probably one of if not the best selling bikes out there. It’s really awesome what you’re doing. Enjoy and congratulations!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's been almost twelve hours since you posted the pic that begs the question ... Have you crashed it yet?
He probably did that already, isn't it on the trailer side ways, HA!

Reactions: BWAF
J

JTW

So today was essentially my first day on a dirtbike.. Just do’n some wheelies in the yard after a pretty successful day of riding.

Whiskey throttle hurts!!
B5847DFC FA6C 4A7A B319 AB59979B2B0B

I heard a pop and thought I broke a rib. After I quit laughing and could breath again it’s not broke but something defiantly popped. Lol.. so after that spill... my helmet needs to hurry up and get here! The neighbors are looking at me funny riding a dirtbike with my old football helmet!

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
So today was essentially my first day on a dirtbike.. Just do’n some wheelies in the yard after a pretty successful day of riding.

Whiskey throttle hurts!!
View attachment 81322

I heard a pop and thought I broke a rib. After I quit laughing and could breath again it’s not broke but something defiantly popped. Lol.. so after that spill... my helmet needs to hurry up and get here! The neighbors are looking at me funny riding a dirtbike with my old football helmet!
Hahahaha glad your ok

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had and old XR69 back in the day. It sucked.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Whiskey throttle hurts!!
View attachment 81322

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!