Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whiskey throttle hurts!!
.. so ... helmet

Yeah helmet's are generally a good idea. Hopefully that "pop" doesn't feel worse over the next day or two for you.

Do you need to borrow my kiddo's practice cones? They worked pretty well teaching dirt bike basics to him. :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:) sounds like you’ll live so that’s great we need you here. Stay safe and get some gear. Who knows maybe that’ll tighten up some loose screws upstairs, kinda like smacking a computer to get the fan to quiet up.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Have a buddy that forgot about his dog runner cable. Was just going to zip across the yard on his bike and put it up. Line caught him in the neck. He had quiet a few staples but the worse part was the concussion. It pretty much slammed him on the back of his head with no helmet.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So today was essentially my first day on a dirtbike.. Just do’n some wheelies in the yard after a pretty successful day of riding.

Whiskey throttle hurts!!
View attachment 81322

I heard a pop and thought I broke a rib. After I quit laughing and could breath again it’s not broke but something defiantly popped. Lol.. so after that spill... my helmet needs to hurry up and get here! The neighbors are looking at me funny riding a dirtbike with my old football helmet!
Yea, when you ride a dirt bike, it's not if your going to get down, it's how many times your going to get down on a ride, get the pants with the knee protection and wouldn't be a bad idea to get shoulder pads w/ chest protector.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea, when you ride a dirt bike, it's not if your going to get down, it's how many times your going to get down on a ride, get the pants with the knee protection and wouldn't be a bad idea to get shoulder pads w/ chest protector.
Jtw already has a set of really worn in knee pads

J

JTW

For those asking for bike pics... I actually remembered to take a couple! It’s in really good shape.. obviously hasn’t been ridden much. The frame isn’t even worn. I still need to give it a good cleaning.
0FD7FF0D 30DD 4845 AC22 43C330EA3732
E8C6BE01 3C10 41AB 96BA EA4AF3A22724

J

JTW

So, my buddy Ryan calls and says “hey, what are you doing? I got off work early.. you wanna ride?”

“Suuuuure I say... uhhhh, but I’m going to dig thru dads barn and find an old helmet!”

Well, today was the first real trail experience either of us have had on them. We kept pushing it to test ourselves and learn. Started to get a good feel for things and we’re doing pretty decent, so we ventured out on some of our old trails we rode as kids.
CE29E736 2D41 4164 B145 63508359FFF7
Needless to say it was more picking our way through the woods than trail riding. It’s amazing how much stuff can grow up in 20 years. Lol.. then this happend!
8D708349 187B 4928 BDF9 60C2AD8164CA

So what your seeing is spill number 3 I’ve had so far (yesterday was number 2, the first one was on my buddy’s bike a couple days before.) Just easing an old gravel road and hit some loose stuff and a rut on the hill JUST as I was about to turn and dodge some limbs.. down I went. I can’t recall exactly who suggested the gloves... But THANK YOU! That would have sucked and would still be sucking, as I planted both hands in the gravel as I slid to a stop, without them!

So I hop back on and we continue our pioneering.. errrrr, trail blazing. When we stop by a creek in the woods... we get off to drink a coke when (couple minutes have passed), THUMP!!. My bike flops over. Hell, I wasn’t even on it!!! I said screw it and let it lay. When Ryan says, “oh I bet you’re leaking gas”. He’s closer, so he sets it up and rolls it down onto the flat rocks... he says.. “well, I’ve got bad news... but maybe we should have a dip first!” I look at the bike and of course....

20B6E57B 90BF 4987 96C1 D28BF575942A

Now let me tell ya... any other novice riders without a clutch lever, down in a holler, in a creek bed with no trail would have withered at the thought of gettting back out. But we pulled it off and made it back out to the gravel where we could hit the road and get back. So as of about 30 minutes ago I ordered two sets of handle bar gaurds from RMATV! I also ordered jets for the carb to turn it up a bit... so I’m sure there will be more pics to come!

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So, my buddy Ryan calls and says “hey, what are you doing? I got off work early.. you wanna ride?”

“Suuuuure I say... uhhhh, but I’m going to dig thru dads barn and find an old helmet!”

Well, today was the first real trail experience either of us have had on them. We kept pushing it to test ourselves and learn. Started to get a good feel for things and we’re doing pretty decent, so we ventured out on some of our old trails we rode as kids.
View attachment 81407 Needless to say it was more picking our way through the woods than trail riding. It’s amazing how much stuff can grow up in 20 years. Lol.. then this happend! View attachment 81408

So what your seeing is spill number 3 I’ve had so far (yesterday was number 2, the first one was on my buddy’s bike a couple days before.) Just easing an old gravel road and hit some loose stuff and a rut on the hill JUST as I was about to turn and dodge some limbs.. down I went. I can’t recall exactly who suggested the gloves... But THANK YOU! That would have sucked and would still be sucking, as I planted both hands in the gravel as I slid to a stop, without them!

So I hop back on and we continue our pioneering.. errrrr, trail blazing. When we stop by a creek in the woods... we get off to drink a coke when (couple minutes have passed), THUMP!!. My bike flops over. Hell, I wasn’t even on it!!! I said screw it and let it lay. When Ryan says, “oh I bet you’re leaking gas”. He’s closer, so he sets it up and rolls it down onto the flat rocks... he says.. “well, I’ve got bad news... but maybe we should have a dip first!” I look at the bike and of course....

View attachment 81409

Now let me tell ya... any other novice riders without a clutch lever, down in a holler, in a creek bed with no trail would have withered at the thought of gettting back out. But we pulled it off and made it back out to the gravel where we could hit the road and get back. So as of about 30 minutes ago I ordered two sets of handle bar gaurds from RMATV! I also ordered jets for the carb to turn it up a bit... so I’m sure there will be more pics to come!
I have a Malcolm Smith fanny pack for tools and I keep a set of levers in it. Nice fanny pack.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s awesome you’re getting out and doing what you did when you were younger. I believe there’s nothing like 2 wheels to clear your head. If geared up correctly trail ridding is very safe and you’ll have a great experience.
Didn’t know your bike doesn’t have bark-busters...get a set! Make sure they are the light plastic style like here because you don’t want massive weight on your bars but not only do these help your levers drastically but can save your fingers and keep from grabbing a brake on a tree. Buy them:)063C17D5 CFDA 4918 A8D0 EBC012542805

Love seeing you get out and enjoy things can’t wait to see more! That bike looks great it’ll last forever even in your hands!

J

JTW

That’s awesome you’re getting out and doing what you did when you were younger. I believe there’s nothing like 2 wheels to clear your head. If geared up correctly trail ridding is very safe and you’ll have a great experience.
Didn’t know your bike doesn’t have bark-busters...get a set! Make sure they are the light plastic style like here because you don’t want massive weight on your bars but not only do these help your levers drastically but can save your fingers and keep from grabbing a brake on a tree. Buy them:)View attachment 81416

Love seeing you get out and enjoy things can’t wait to see more! That bike looks great it’ll last forever even in your hands!
Yeah.. figured out the finger pinch thing already. Just went with the plain tusk version.
09595E3B 1BD3 4257 A738 495BA5CE0013

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And then this showed up today.. haven’t decided if I’ll like the helmet or not. It was bucks so I figured I’d give it a try first.
View attachment 81428
View attachment 81421 View attachment 81425 View attachment 81426 View attachment 81427
Is the visor a hard coat, if it's not you will scratch the crap out of in the woods ( tight trails ). Back in the day before three wheelers, four wheelers and S x S's all the trails were single tracks, the more you ride, you will be seeking these out.

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!