P500 Looking to buy a left over 2016 Honda pioneer 500

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Although it won't win any beauty prize, the Honda roof does have a few advantages over the aftermarkets. Such as the front edge goes out beyond the ROPS, acting like a visor. The back edge extends down further, so both the front and back will work better to keep water from running in. Then with their clamp system, it's quick and easy to remove.
Those are all good features of the Honda hard roof...but man are they ever ugly!!!! I know a lot of people have them and I'm sure they like them. But, they sure look dopey! Some quality aftermarket options would be nice as alternatives. IMO I suppose.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have some pics of your rig with the EMP roof? Seems like it would be a good alternative option to the butt ugly OEM hard roof.
01 - Front View
02 - Top RH quarter
03 - Top LF, Rain gutter and overhang
04 - Top LR, Rain gutter and overhang
05 - Fender washer 1 of 6 (2 each side, front and rear and 1 centered front and centered rear)
06 - Inside detail of roof clamp
Hope these help.
Obviously it would be a PITA to R and R the roof often, but I see no need as it fits through my trailer door.
Forgot to mention...The roof arrived well packaged and took less than 30 minutes to install alone (front center fastener would require 2 people if a full windshield is installed - I was able to fold mine down and reach nut and phillips).
EMP 01 EMP 02 EMP 03 EMP 04 EMP 05 EMP 06

Last edited:
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
01 - Front View
02 - Top RH quarter
05 - Fender washer 1 of 6 (2 each side, front and rear and 1 centered front and centered rear)
Hope these help.
Obviously it would be a PITA to R and R the roof often, but I see no need as it fits through my trailer door.
Forgot to mention...The roof arrived well packaged and took less than 30 minutes to install alone (front center fastener would require 2 people if a full windshield is installed - I was able to fold mine down and reach nut and phillips).
View attachment 28840 View attachment 28841 View attachment 28842 View attachment 28843 View attachment 28844 View attachment 28845
Thanks for the pics. That roof looks way better than the OEM! Looks very well made too!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
01 - Front View
02 - Top RH quarter
Hope these help.
View attachment 28840 View attachment 28841 View attachment 28842 View attachment 28843 View attachment 28844 View attachment 28845
Very good looking roof.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
A metal roof will be considerably noisier than plastic. You'd probably want to put some sound deadener on the inside, something such as Dynamat.

Reactions: FuzzyGrub
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
A metal roof will be considerably noisier than plastic. You'd probably want to put some sound deadener on the inside, something such as Dynamat.
Thanks Buford, I'll keep that in mind, I know how noisy a metal barn roof is in the rain but so far I haven't noticed this EMP roof to be noisy, but I can't compare it to a plastic roof either. As you can see in the attached photos the roof does not touch the ROPS, that may help with vibration noise.
EMP 07 EMP 08

J

Johnsee

Jul 3, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The dealer I work at never discounts the Honda SxS's. Price is always full retail plus the destination fee, even if they are not the current model year and are used as demo's.
I would be looking for alternative employment. Dealerships that are proud of inventory do not last.

Reactions: Blackdawg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!