P500 Maintenance schedule

A

Alg

Aug 10, 2014
What are the maintenance intervals for? Why intervals 1 and 2? It says the lone wrench only appears once, at 100 hours. When does the wrench 2 appear? At 100 hours also? It says consider mileage and operating hours to determine appropriate interval to follow on the maintenance schedule. There's only one, 100, 600, 1200, etc. miles, or 100,200,300, hours. Which other one could I follow? I don't get it.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
What are the maintenance intervals for? Why intervals 1 and 2? It says the lone wrench only appears once, at 100 hours. When does the wrench 2 appear? At 100 hours also? It says consider mileage and operating hours to determine appropriate interval to follow on the maintenance schedule. There's only one, 100, 600, 1200, etc. miles, or 100,200,300, hours. Which other one could I follow? I don't get it.
If I'm reading your question right, change your oil at which ever one comes first,I only have 80 hours on mine but have changed the oil twice because of my mileage, it is due again in 200 more miles which will only be around 100 total hours ,sounds like I'm changing oil alot but oil is cheap compared to the alternative ,be sure to reset the dash each time you change oil

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My wrench just came on last ride. Its been sitting ever since. I am going to read the manual of course but is an oil change the only thing it needs?
My saleslady mentioned adjusting the valves at 100 miles. Honestly brining my ride to the dealer to do anything internal scares the shoes outta me

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wrench just came on last ride. Its been sitting ever since. I am going to read the manual of course but is an oil change the only thing it needs?
My saleslady mentioned adjusting the valves at 100 miles. Honestly brining my ride to the dealer to do anything internal scares the shoes outta me

If you've got a modicum of mechanical knowledge, you can adjust the valves at home. I don't have the 500 service manual or I'd send you the pages that show how to do it. If you have a dealer with a GREAT reputation take it to them, let them get dirty and bust their knuckles.

The dealers near me all have horrible reps, I asked the one I bought mine from what Honda oils they used. Their response was "we just have a 55gal drum of 10w-30 motorcycle oil in the back we use for everything I'm not sure what brand it is." Decided then and there mine was not going back to them for anything, bought the RIGHT Honda oil and filter then changed it myself along with first service when it hit the 100ish mile/20ish hour mark.

Reactions: Fordman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!