Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
I know it's a little hard to see on mine, but it runs inside the ROPs then up into the cab:

View attachment 429201
Do you like the whips in that location? I’m sure you had them mounted in other locations as well… (nomo)

trying to decide where mine should go as well (bought 3’ ones so they shouldn’t stick up too much if mounted vertically on the lower ROPS)

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Do you like the whips in that location? I’m sure you had them mounted in other locations as well… (nomo)

trying to decide where mine should go as well (bought 3’ ones so they shouldn’t stick up too much if mounted vertically on the lower ROPS)
Yeah, that’s the most vertical I can get them and still fit it in my garage. I had them mounted along the ROPS but they got beat to s*** by the bar and filled up with water.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yeah, that’s the most vertical I can get them and still fit it in my garage. I had them mounted along the ROPS but they got beat to s*** by the bar and filled up with water.
I have mine mounted upside down along the ROPS. Mounts are at the top. I used 321 Stainless Steel 2" ID Snug-Fit Vibration Damping Loop Clamps w/Neoprene rubber cushions from McMaster-Carr at bottom to keep them from moving. So far, everything has stayed in place, and I have had no water in them (not sure if I added any sealant or not).

1715879630857 1715879603000

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Working with Ian at Crossroads 3D has been awesome! Big shoutout to him... he responds to emails, refunded the shipping amount when it was actually cheaper, and provides great guidance!
100% agree. I'm a repeat customer.

From a customer service and comms standpoint, both Ian @ Crossroads3D and Brian (@highpocket74) @ 10-80 Dirt Sports are the best!

I had some PVM controllers shipped from Amazon to him. He modified an existing over the bar 6-gang box design to support my controllers for the fans I installed in the roof of my Talon. An absolute pleasure to work with.

I used him for the Auxbeam mounts in 2 Talons, good stuff
Me, too. We actually worked together to improve the Auxbeam mount design for the '22+ Talons last year (not sure when you ordered yours).

Last edited:
Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Do I need to stop thinking your gonna get everything done by the end of next week ? Are you gonna dedicate 2-3 full days to it ?
As long as the parts arrive on time then yes I’ll be done.. testing out the dual battery and turn signal kit hopefully today now that I got the remaining parts in

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Tested out the dual battery configuration and everything on my end works as expected…

The pro kit seems to be wired backwards.. anyone else experience that? Could be the pioneer kit @Hondasxs hooked me up with that’s wired differently

Also, looks like the plug is fed by the blue key on power but the switches require and additional key on… sort confusing (but could be the pioneer vs talon setup?

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Tested out the dual battery configuration and everything on my end works as expected…

The pro kit seems to be wired backwards.. anyone else experience that? Could be the pioneer kit @Hondasxs hooked me up with that’s wired differently

Also, looks like the plug is fed by the blue key on power but the switches require and additional key on… sort confusing (but could be the pioneer vs talon setup?
Looks like backlight is by default so might just remove that connection then… 🤔🤔

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!