Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
looks awesome - great work

have to ask

- u did check sub-tranny for proper oil level and shocks for gas pressure?
I have not check the oil levels yet, so good reminder… the coolant was way low so had to add some

IMG 6441

I have no idea how to check the shocks for gas pressure

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have not check the oil levels yet, so good reminder… the coolant was way low so had to add some

View attachment 430294

I have no idea how to check the shocks for gas pressure
darn - forgot it's a LV - Im outta talent on that one - I was thinking check the clickers
Finished attaching the tree kickers.. was able to add a leftover piece of the plastics that needed to be cut out so that the skid didn’t bow at that point (diy spacer of sorts)
View attachment 430295

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Maiden voyage complete… pretty badass no doubt…. Didn’t do anything crazy being without a winch and solo,… but was a blast to drive.

Couple things I’m surprised about… still pretty rough ride (so need to figure that out) which could be due to increased speed, air pressure in tires, expectations too high… it did awesome on large gravel but on other areas not so well.

The other thing is it is just as hot as the Pioneer except without the steam bath part. The center console section was hotter than I expected. I’ll address that today/tomorrow

IMG 6453
IMG 6455

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Maiden voyage complete… pretty badass no doubt…. Didn’t do anything crazy being without a winch and solo,… but was a blast to drive.

Couple things I’m surprised about… still pretty rough ride (so need to figure that out) which could be due to increased speed, air pressure in tires, expectations too high… it did awesome on large gravel but on other areas not so well.

The other thing is it is just as hot as the Pioneer except without the steam bath part. The center console section was hotter than I expected. I’ll address that today/tomorrow

View attachment 430438View attachment 430439
About cab heat, get some of these, they're very effective (I don't have door lowers either).

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
About cab heat, get some of these, they're very effective (I don't have door lowers either).
Will do

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
.Couple things I’m surprised about… still pretty rough ride (so need to figure that out) which could be due to increased speed, air pressure in tires, expectations too high… it did awesome on large gravel but on other areas not so well.

View attachment 430438

Sounds like you're not happy with that POS Junk........ I'll give you $6,969.69 for it......just because we're friends otherwise I wouldn't even bother 🙄 JAH!!!......

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I did the jeep transfer case boot mod under my shifter. That seemed to keep alot of the heat out that comes up around the gear shifter.

Also, awesome looking rig ya got so far, can't wait to check it out in person!

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Also the skinny pedal is twitchy… every bump caused an acceleration and deceleration… I think I have whiplash now… any suggestions?
heel rest (piece of wood, angle, etc. for twitchy throttle to rest your heel against and pin your right leg against console, getting the suspension reworked as well as time on the machine it becomes an afterthought

if that’s the Fox stuff and harsh - revalve/springs - not sure about your model but every other year I think 22 and before most needed a good influx of cash to make the ride enjoyable

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!