Talon MFG,s Build

M

Moto4

Mar 18, 2019
Vermont
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
View attachment 178495 View attachment 178496 I finally took a couple of pics this morning. I hope this helps. Like I said I just measured the stock setup and cut my adapter several times until it had the same measurement as stock
Thanks MFG for the info and pics. I ordered the same wheel and hub you did. Est delivery on the wheel isn't until mid to late February but no problem since the ATV/UTV trails here in Vermont are closed until spring. Hub should be here next week.
Noticed in the pic that you have changed your shifter gate. How do you like it?

Reactions: IDIOT
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks, and yes the paddles are the same distance from the steering wheel. I can try to get a picture tonight. This is a different adapter but the picture shows what I cut off. I measured from the factory wheel before I started and then made several cuts on the adapter until I cut off enough for the new wheel and adapter to be the same measurement as stock. The splines are deep in the adapter so what you cut off does not mater.

View attachment 177948
Thank you!! It's true, a pic is worth a thousand words.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks MFG for the info and pics. I ordered the same wheel and hub you did. Est delivery on the wheel isn't until mid to late February but no problem since the ATV/UTV trails here in Vermont are closed until spring. Hub should be here next week.
Noticed in the pic that you have changed your shifter gate. How do you like it?
I like the shift gate much better than stock. I have about 600 miles on mine now and need to adjust the shift cable but it very nice being able to go from lo high and revers quickly.

Reactions: SpeedBuggy
GA-TALONX

GA-TALONX

Oct 13, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I hope this isn’t too dumb of a question but is the steering wheel hub a quick release style? It looks great either way!!

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Last edited:
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
Was there some reason you wanted the rear as wide as the front? It won’t steer or corner as well. Race cars are always wider in the front.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Was there some reason you wanted the rear as wide as the front? It won’t steer or corner as well. Race cars are always wider in the front.
Stability, we do trail riding and a bunch of hill climbing and rock crawling where the width is nice on the side of a hill. Around my area there is nothing like the open desert where guys get to run wide open for hours on end. The only time i get to stretch my Talon out, is the roads around the house. I think everyone sets up the machine different for different terrain.

Reactions: Landman
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
I guess you won’t know the difference in steering when your hill climbing or rock crawling. Rock on!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!