Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can we get a report on that new buggy afte this?

Im very interested in how the new model and updates work out.
I have 65 miles on it to date, Spent the first weekend in Cassville MO. a few weeks ago. I will say the engine/shift management is very noticeable and very welcome. Did not notice any searching for gears as in the Pioneer. Very smooth shifting and much quieter than previous versions.
The power steering is a HUGE upgrade from earlier models. I have 30" 370's on all 4 corners and do not notice any difficulty. Very smooth under all conditions.
The ride out of the box is hands down better than any Talon I have ridden in. The LV sport mode is very noticeable at speeds over 35 mph on hard surfaces was much stiffer. The feel at lower speeds to me is soft ,which is what I perfer.

I know I have said it before but the rear seats are very comfortable and the sight line is fantastic from either rear seat.

I did notice some heat from the shifter when the fan would come on. I will add the rubber on the passenger side and am thinking about adding something to cover the entrance to the floor board tunnel. This should help deflect some of the heat out instead of down the tunnel.

I did hit the right rear and right front tires a couple times on trees. The width and length is a little different than my 2 seat X! I think this is because the driver ran out of ability.
Planning to stop by the dealer that I purchased the machine from on the way to the overland for the first service. I will update the thread after the Overland trip. I think my son is going to go with me. We will see how well the R4 does.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What overland trip you doing?
September 1 im going from Flagpole AZ to Glacier National Park overlanding the whole way.
After reading the post again, make sure you start a thread about that trip. I would be very interested in a trip like that.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 65 miles on it to date, Spent the first weekend in Cassville MO. a few weeks ago. I will say the engine/shift management is very noticeable and very welcome. Did not notice any searching for gears as in the Pioneer. Very smooth shifting and much quieter than previous versions.
The power steering is a HUGE upgrade from earlier models. I have 30" 370's on all 4 corners and do not notice any difficulty. Very smooth under all conditions.
The ride out of the box is hands down better than any Talon I have ridden in. The LV sport mode is very noticeable at speeds over 35 mph on hard surfaces was much stiffer. The feel at lower speeds to me is soft ,which is what I perfer.

I know I have said it before but the rear seats are very comfortable and the sight line is fantastic from either rear seat.

I did notice some heat from the shifter when the fan would come on. I will add the rubber on the passenger side and am thinking about adding something to cover the entrance to the floor board tunnel. This should help deflect some of the heat out instead of down the tunnel.

I did hit the right rear and right front tires a couple times on trees. The width and length is a little different than my 2 seat X! I think this is because the driver ran out of ability.
Planning to stop by the dealer that I purchased the machine from on the way to the overland for the first service. I will update the thread after the Overland trip. I think my son is going to go with me. We will see how well the R4 does.
Andrew or Rocky? I may just need to call off sick!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!