MICHIGAN riders - Speak up

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I know we have a lot of Pioneer owners in Michigan. Speak up and let's get some Honda presence out there on the trails. I get info on many group rides in northern Michigan and can coordinate a get together. Where are you located and which Pioneer/Big Red do you have?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I know we have a lot of Pioneer owners in Michigan. Speak up and let's get some Honda presence out there on the trails. I get info on many group rides in northern Michigan and can coordinate a get together. Where are you located and which Pioneer/Big Red do you have?
Get it Piston!!!

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm no longer in Michigan but I do plan to ride in the UP occasionally, in fact, I'm planning a ride from Gillet, WI to Copper Harbor, MI in August (~320 miles). If my pre trip shakedowns go well.

I now live just north of Green Bay, WI.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm no longer in Michigan but I do plan to ride in the UP occasionally, in fact, I'm planning a ride from Gillet, WI to Copper Harbor, MI in August (~320 miles). If my pre trip shakedowns go well.

That's awesome, I'd like to hear how that long distance trip goes.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's awesome, I'd like to hear how that long distance trip goes.

I'm sure it should be a fun trip. I have been wanting to do it for years. I went to college in Houghton, MI and my uncle lives in Pembine, WI but I couldn't afford anything I trusted to make the trip. Now that I'm all gradumatated I have some dollars to spend. Unfortunately it doesn't help I swamped my rig on the 4th and now I am a bit more hesitant to take a long trip.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm sure it should be a fun trip. I have been wanting to do it for years. I went to college in Houghton, MI and my uncle lives in Pembine, WI but I couldn't afford anything I trusted to make the trip. Now that I'm all gradumatated I have some dollars to spend. Unfortunately it doesn't help I swamped my rig on the 4th and now I am a bit more hesitant to take a long trip.
Can't swamp these things. I avoid water other than puddles on the trail. Have you seen the PROTC thread? A two thousand mile long distance expedition!

Reactions: rkwerner
R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can't swamp these things. I avoid water other than puddles on the trail. Have you seen the PROTC thread? A two thousand mile long distance expedition!

If only that were true. I have never even been close to swamping any of my other rigs. But we have had crazy amounts of rain here this year and I was on a new trail that got washed out. I wasn't the only one to make that mistake, I saw at least two other rigs come out swamped while I was waiting at the trailhead.

11983 zpsyf30gcjsjpe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If only that were true. I have never even been close to swamping any of my other rigs. But we have had crazy amounts of rain here this year and I was on a new trail that got washed out. I wasn't the only one to make that mistake, I saw at least two other rigs come out swamped while I was waiting at the trailhead.

View attachment 48585
Just looking at that, it's something I would never drive into. Sorry you're having to deal
with that and I hope that you're able to get it back in shape with no lingering troubles.

D

Deleted member 3748

Keep on riding to the Mackinac Bridge and cross it with us on Sept. 30! :D If you don't make it to the bridge crossing, I'm still looking forward to reading about your planned ride.

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just looking at that, it's something I would never drive into. Sorry you're having to deal
with that and I hope that you're able to get it back in shape with no lingering troubles.

That picture is actually quite deceiving. The puddle was about 20' long on a major ATV route. The front of my pioneer is halfway across and the back is nearly out. There was no going around as it spanned the trail. I had other people go look at the crossing and they said they would have done the same thing. Not saying I was right clearly I wasn't but that picture makes it look worse due to the angle it was taken.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That picture is actually quite deceiving. The puddle was about 20' long on a major ATV route. The front of my pioneer is halfway across and the back is nearly out. There was no going around as it spanned the trail. I had other people go look at the crossing and they said they would have done the same thing. Not saying I was right clearly I wasn't but that picture makes it look worse due to the angle it was taken.
The other people are questionable in judgment as well as you, HA! Hope you got things sorted out.

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The other people are questionable in judgment as well as you, HA! Hope you got things sorted out.

Well I guess I can't say my judgement isn't questionable from time to time. This is why I have a sticker on my other rig that says "4 out of 5 voices in my head say go for it" I guess I should have finally listened to that 5th voice....but wheres the fun in that ;)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I guess I can't say my judgement isn't questionable from time to time. This is why I have a sticker on my other rig that says "4 out of 5 voices in my head say go for it" I guess I should have finally listened to that 5th voice....but wheres the fun in that ;)
That's funny, I have never done anything like that, HA!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
P1K5 in Stockbridge cocked locked and ready to rock doc!:cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!