Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
20221127 143231
Here's my latest Packout project, I built a frame for a diesel heater that snaps into the packout base, the idea is to make a rack on the back of the Lil'bota w a PO base so I can easily move it between machines

J

jgardner

Apr 19, 2020
Sterling, VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been using the large packout box for two years know tied down with lashing straps to the factor tie down locations.

I decided to pick up the large cooler, a small parts organizer, and install two of the mounting plates to the back of the seats earlier today.

The items wiggle a little more than I'd expect against the mounting plate. Hopefully they hold up to the offroad conditions that the machine sees.

PXL 20221219 022105559 PXL 20221219 022118206 PXL 20221219 022131417 PXL 20221219 022202235

J

JumptChaneAZ

Back from the dead......

Resize75

Single or double stack 2 of the 4.5" cases

Resize77

Or the single large box

Resize76

Ordered up some of the Pro Steel locks to try them....not entirely sure if they fit the material thickness of the AJK base, but figured I'd roll the dice at $24 each.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've been using the large packout box for two years know tied down with lashing straps to the factor tie down locations.

I decided to pick up the large cooler, a small parts organizer, and install two of the mounting plates to the back of the seats earlier today.

The items wiggle a little more than I'd expect against the mounting plate. Hopefully they hold up to the offroad conditions that the machine sees.

View attachment 366915 View attachment 366916 View attachment 366917 View attachment 366918
Not sure about your experience since installation but my boxes stay put on the Talon under a lot of extreme "play". Awesome storage solution!!

PXL 20230516 021510561

J

JumptChaneAZ

I'm curious about those locks! Please post your review of them.
I should get them Wednesday, so I am interested to see if they fit the AJK plate. I will post up if they work, or not, Wednesday. I am giving them a good road test this coming week. ETA: Really want them to work, running a bunch of cables would be a bummer.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

JumptChaneAZ

Time to deliver my initial assessment of the Packout locks.

My verdict - not bad, pretty ingenious, something to work with.

My take would be to use low profile head hex key bolts and drill right through the lock piece, through the mount, and permanently attach them to the mount itself. I haven't done it yet, but I believe that is what I'm gonna do. That will ease my mind, knowing that there is NO WAY those things can be slid around. It's not that they don't work, as is, because they do. However, the way they slide all over the place is going to give the scumbag some hope that they can get them off and really make a mess of stuff. Especially on the cooler. If you've ever fought a crackhead, then you know what I'm sayin'.

It really is something that needs to be integrated into future mount plates. Aw fawk, just gave away my first patent :eek: Also, there really is no reason for either plate to stick out as far as it does, and if it were me, I'd beef that top piece up to 1/8" and bend it to completely block the lock. Now, I know it sounds like I'm Monday morning quaterbacking this dude's design, because, well, I am, but they do work exactly as delivered. Great idea, functional, but lacks elegance. THE END.

Resize86

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Time to deliver my initial assessment of the Packout locks.

My verdict - not bad, pretty ingenious, something to work with.

My take would be to use low profile head hex key bolts and drill right through the lock piece, through the mount, and permanently attach them to the mount itself. I haven't done it yet, but I believe that is what I'm gonna do. That will ease my mind, knowing that there is NO WAY those things can be slid around. It's not that they don't work, as is, because they do. However, the way they slide all over the place is going to give the scumbag some hope that they can get them off and really make a mess of stuff. Especially on the cooler. If you've ever fought a crackhead, then you know what I'm sayin'.

It really is something that needs to be integrated into future mount plates. Aw fawk, just gave away my first patent :eek: Also, there really is no reason for either plate to stick out as far as it does, and if it were me, I'd beef that top piece up to 1/8" and bend it to completely block the lock. Now, I know it sounds like I'm Monday morning quaterbacking this dude's design, because, well, I am, but they do work exactly as delivered. Great idea, functional, but lacks elegance. THE END.

View attachment 388038
Sorry you feel this way. I have to respectfully disagree. Ive had them on my Talon and my P1 for 3 yrs now 90 degree, washboards , swamp you name it and there good. Have had it parked for all to try and steal and Negatory on that. Nothin beats ole Smith and Wesson security too! But if u want further ridge runner deterrent security is putting a pad lock through the hole on the box. As dumb as it seems its almost impossible to get into. How do i know this? On a job site, a co worker like the myself left his packouts there and we pad lock them. He forgot his key! Lets say it was the biggest $hit show to get into. You would think a few HVAC guys could get into it quick? Fuc no! So a Ridge runner aint doing it and bot fast. They know and stay away.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement
J

JumptChaneAZ

Sorry you feel this way. I have to respectfully disagree. Ive had them on my Talon and my P1 for 3 yrs now 90 degree, washboards , swamp you name it and there good. Have had it parked for all to try and steal and Negatory on that. Nothin beats ole Smith and Wesson security too! But if u want further ridge runner deterrent security is putting a pad lock through the hole on the box. As dumb as it seems its almost impossible to get into. How do i know this? On a job site, a co worker like the myself left his packouts there and we pad lock them. He forgot his key! Lets say it was the biggest $hit show to get into. You would think a few HVAC guys could get into it quick? Fuc no! So a Ridge runner aint doing it and bot fast. They know and stay away.
No need to feel sorry about anything. I never said they didn't work. I can handle a counter opinion and not get butthurt. 😉

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are you talking about the locks or just the packout system itself?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think he was talking about the locks he bought FOR the packouts........I haven't read all the posts though, you Milwaukee guys kill me 🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂
Yeah Im a dum fuc and misunderstood his post apparently.
Im even dumber cuz I dont get why to have those locks in the pics for. But ok…

J

JumptChaneAZ

Yeah Im a dum fuc and misunderstood his post apparently.
Im even dumber cuz I dont get why to have those locks in the pics for. But ok…
You didn't misunderstand it, you just had a differing opinion. It's all good.

Reactions: Remington
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!