Molle panel under roof

D

Duke1998

Jul 23, 2020
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m considering mounting a Molle panel or similar metal grid under the roof between the front seats. I’d like to mount a fire extinguisher and first aid kit there.

Has anyone seen this done? I’m thinking of using Velcro straps to the rops. I’m assuming the rigid plastic Molle panels. I’ve found an aluminum version or may use the kobalt metal shelf from Lowe’s.

any thoughts on this? Will it work? Bad idea? Thanks

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m considering mounting a Molle panel or similar metal grid under the roof between the front seats. I’d like to mount a fire extinguisher and first aid kit there.

Has anyone seen this done? I’m thinking of using Velcro straps to the rops. I’m assuming the rigid plastic Molle panels. I’ve found an aluminum version or may use the kobalt metal shelf from Lowe’s.

Got pics or links?

Reactions: toddvdh
D

Duke1998

Jul 23, 2020
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-4
this is a Molle panel

I tried the kobalt wire shelf today but I think it’s a no go.

Need something close to the 25.5” between the front rops.

Reactions: toddvdh and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Whats your intentions with it? Mounting a gun type?

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ahhh ok. I dont have any pictures of it but, I have one of them suv trunk nets bungeed real tight over the back seats of my P1K5 and to put stuff up there often. Might work.
Or u can get a dry bag and use the under seat storage.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Use the search bar up top and look for "storage ideas" . Tons of stuff the guys have come up with.
Good luck

advertisement
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I. Been looking into something similar to this for a yr just to mount an amp and stuff to lol
I was waning to use honda clamps like on the roof and windsheilds to attach to rops front and back (a and b pillar cross bars
Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: toddvdh and JenElio
E

Ehunter

Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
Bend
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a small emergency pack and first aid kit that I bunged to the passenger seat its not in the way for a passenger.

A

arrowsender

Jun 1, 2021
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Did you mount a molle pane on the roof? Pics? I was considering doing the same thing.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you mount a molle pane on the roof? Pics? I was considering doing the same thing.
That guy hasn't been on here almost 6 months. Better off to PM him if you want to get an answer.

You asked for pics. Congratulations on your first post and welcome to the Forum. When you first post it's the first Unwritten rule of the Forum post pics of your machine. PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The MOLLE panel sounds really cool. I like the idea.

Post 39 was my overhead storage idea

A

arrowsender

Jun 1, 2021
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That guy hasn't been on here almost 6 months. Better off to PM him if you want to get an answer.

You asked for pics. Congratulations on your first post and welcome to the Forum. When you first post it's the first Unwritten rule of the Forum post pics of your machine. PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN
Sorry no pics yet. My pioneer is suppose to arrive next week.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!