moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like HF drill couldn't take drilling 10 3/4" holes in 1/8" plate steel. RIP 12 dollar drill. I got 6.5 holes drilled before it ate itself.

IMG 20160831 243436080 IMG 20160831 243509444

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey Mopar if you get another and can bump it up just a little do Ridgid 18v cordless. I use to be heavy DeWalt and even had the Milwaukee but Ridgid is very good they have built my bus drilling some nasty stuff and have lifetime warranty even on the batteries and charger nothing can compete with that. I use to get sick of replacing a drill because the battery died.

Sent from iPhone

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, a pain in the ass, but the whole thing is painted and tail lights wired up. Still gotta clean and tuck everything and do the side marker lights. At least it's drivable now

IMG 20160903 215237602

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, a pain in the ass, but the whole thing is painted and tail lights wired up. Still gotta clean and tuck everything and do the side marker lights. At least it's drivable now

View attachment 21626

That looks really good makes my trailer look plain darn nice job

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, I may have gotten a little carried away with it lol. I still have 50 amber dot lights to add too.

I disagree that's not carried away. Looks good.

Sent from iPhone

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And after I recoup the budget from the ton if cash I've thrown at the Pioneer and the trailer I still plan to replace the crappy steel wheels with some nice aluminum rims

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And after I recoup the budget from the ton if cash I've thrown at the Pioneer and the trailer I still plan to replace the crappy steel wheels with some nice aluminum rims
Everyone is so worried about scratching the pretty ones but as long as the outside edges aluminum it's just not obvious.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Eh, I drag a 53 ft trailer around most of the time, I have yet to curb check a 12 ft trailer lol

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I'm contemplating the next project on the ol pioneer. While most of you are mud riding and rock crawling my rides consist majorly of high speed hard pack trails, gravel and pavement. I've been researching a good balance of what I want, good on pavement manners, excellent handling in fast Twisties and slideability. So ive decided that I need to actually lower the ride height to achieve a better c.o.g. and aid in cornering and ride quality as well as making it easier to slide once I ditch the b.h. tires for something a little more square profile and street friendly. I'm considering an air ride system so I can bump it back up at the touch of a button for the crazier stuff. Opinions?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I'm contemplating the next project on the ol pioneer. While most of you are mud riding and rock crawling my rides consist majorly of high speed hard pack trails, gravel and pavement. I've been researching a good balance of what I want, good on pavement manners, excellent handling in fast Twisties and slideability. So ive decided that I need to actually lower the ride height to achieve a better c.o.g. and aid in cornering and ride quality as well as making it easier to slide once I ditch the b.h. tires for something a little more square profile and street friendly. I'm considering an air ride system so I can bump it back up at the touch of a button for the crazier stuff. Opinions?
I think a bagged Pioneer would be AWESOME!!! Outstanding idea. Be sure and post pics of the process. Ya know....so we can steal the idea later lol. Anxious to see how this turns out.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think a bagged Pioneer would be AWESOME!!! Outstanding idea. Be sure and post pics of the process. Ya know....so we can steal the idea later lol. Anxious to see how this turns out.
Well, once we are done moving to our new house that's the winter project plan. It oughta be badass if I can find the right setup

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I have 5 10 packs of amber marker lights, so the mods begin for the cross country trip. Added some trucker personality to her with some clearance lights on the roof, and mounted turn signals. I'm going to look into the synchronized deal like the new model mustang directionals have. Trying to figure out how to make my brake lights have turn function as well. Any help appreciated on that one.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!