P1000 Most Quiet Muffler

C

cnaught

Sep 29, 2021
Broward County, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a slightly used 2020 Pioneer 1000-5. It's much louder than I had expected. It looks like it has an aftermarket Muffler on it "HMF". I am not looking for a high performance muffler, but the most quiet option available, as I will be using it to ride hunting trails between 5-25 MPH tops. Any suggestions?

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I just bought a slightly used 2020 Pioneer 1000-5. It's much louder than I had expected. It looks like it has an aftermarket Muffler on it "HMF". I am not looking for a high performance muffler, but the most quiet option available, as I will be using it to ride hunting trails between 5-25 MPH tops. Any suggestions?
Stock will probably be best.
find a used take off?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Google HMF quiet core insert, costs around $30, makes a big difference but still not as quiet as stock but not far from it. My biggest issue with the HMF is the back pressure noise was super loud reflecting off the roof, this helped.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Is there something that I can add to the stock muffler to make it even more quiet?
Not that I’m aware of, also note the stock muffler will run much hotter due to the built in catalytic converter.

Reactions: Rick53 and Lady01
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that an issue? Will the riders in the back seat be affected by more heat from the stock muffler than the HMF?
Yes they will but it’ll still get hot back there with either option, don’t know if i’d say its an issue, depends on the people really.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It surprises me if no one makes a muffler that is more quiet than the stock?
Cuz the stock is quiet! Its a SXS, Not a Jeep/Bronco lol
Also if u can quiet the stocker, you will loose power.

So, you got pics of this machine and muffler in question? Are u sure u dont already have the HMF qs as in quiet? Its noisy also

C

cnaught

Sep 29, 2021
Broward County, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cuz the stock is quiet! Its a SXS, Not a Jeep/Bronco lol
Also if u can quiet the stocker, you will loose power.

So, you got pics of this machine and muffler in question? Are u sure u dont already have the HMF qs as in quiet? Its noisy also

Here you go!

241904807 153733060259296 9068623830284942212 n
241978591 2063049857177282 6313241992621835226 n

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d start with the insert, might make you happy. Otherwise you could sell that exhaust in about 2 seconds if you wanted to, highly desirable and not quick to get unless things have changed recently.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’d start with the insert, might make you happy. Otherwise you could sell that exhaust in about 2 seconds if you wanted to, highly desirable and not quick to get unless things have changed recently.
I think that insert is for the NON qs to make it that. He’ ll Have to determine if he has the QS or not it was hard to tell in his pics. Should be some numbers on there indicating it I’m not sure what they are though. You may have to check on their website to see how thats determined. But even that, if he thinks the stock exhaust is too loud he certainly will not like the QS. It’s definitely louder. I like the sound of mine but it’s definitely louder than stock

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think that insert is for the NON qs to make it that. He’ ll Have to determine if he has the QS or not it was hard to tell in his pics. Should be some numbers on there indicating it I’m not sure what they are though. You may have to check on their website to see how thats determined. But even that, if he thinks the stock exhaust is too loud he certainly will not like the QS. It’s definitely louder. I like the sound of mine but it’s definitely louder than stock
It fits both I have the QS and it fits.

Good comparison of stock vs HMF, db’s dont seem much different but tone is deeper.

And HMF QS

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It fits both I have the QS and it fits.
Oh I bet it fits. Because they both look exactly the same. It’s just the guts that are different. I’m just curious if it is designed for the QS? Do u have a link and cost?
Do you an HMF QS and this adaptor? I had a non QS and now the QS.
AFE5DF4D A570 4AB5 9EE2 5123EA95BD0F

Best pic of the rear i got on my phone without deer blood and guts in the back.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup I have the QS and this adapter, it helps with the deep engine braking drone and when cruising at a constant speed its a tad quieter, you remove the spark arrestor screen and then it slides in and you cn reinstall the screen and tip.

I do believe you have to install the spark arrest to get a good tight fit.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup I have the QS and this adapter, it helps with the deep engine braking drone and when cruising at a constant speed its a tad quieter, you remove the spark arrestor screen and then it slides in and you cn reinstall the screen and tip.

I do believe you have to install the spark arrest to get a good tight fit.

Not bad for 34$
still wont be quieter than the sock one so he wont be happy 🤣

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you shove a potato in the end of the pipe, it'll quiet it right down.

(Helpful hint: carry several, not sure how long it'll last.)

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
C

cnaught

Sep 29, 2021
Broward County, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not bad for 34$
still wont be quieter than the sock one so he wont be happy 🤣
Ha! My primary purpose is riding in the woods and getting as close to game as possible. I have also have an electric sxs, which I also love, but it has a limited range and limited clearance. The only noise it makes is the tires crunching whatever they roll over. In 2018 Honda showed a prototype of an electric pioneer with hot swappable lithium packs. There are some other companies like Volvon that plan on releasing lithium sxs in the next few years, but until something like that comes available, I'll be scaring away more game than I wish.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha! My primary purpose is riding in the woods and getting as close to game as possible. I have also have an electric sxs, which I also love, but it has a limited range and limited clearance. The only noise it makes is the tires crunching whatever they roll over. In 2018 Honda showed a prototype of an electric pioneer with hot swappable lithium packs. There are some other companies like Volvon that plan on releasing lithium sxs in the next few years, but until something like that comes available, I'll be scaring away more game than I wish.
Walk in the last 1/4 mile.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!