Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ha! My primary purpose is riding in the woods and getting as close to game as possible. I have also have an electric sxs, which I also love, but it has a limited range and limited clearance. The only noise it makes is the tires crunching whatever they roll over. In 2018 Honda showed a prototype of an electric pioneer with hot swappable lithium packs. There are some other companies like Volvon that plan on releasing lithium sxs in the next few years, but until something like that comes available, I'll be scaring away more game than I wish.
Im with @BigOL3 walk in! I do at least 1/4 mile to my stand .
A machine know matter how quiet will be seen by game. I like my elect golf gart for the corse not the woods lol

Reactions: Ohio4x4
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Once you put a stock muffler back on add one of these
@trigger had one of those and smelled bad when i rode behind him and lost power and something else i cant remember exactly. There like having 2 mufflers on your rig.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
@trigger had one of those and smelled bad when i rode behind him and lost power and something else i cant remember exactly. There like having 2 mufflers on your rig.
I had one on my 700 for a couple of years now, smelled funny for a day until the paint cooked off, been over 11,000 ft in Colorado with a few other Pioneer 1000s and went everywhere they did. The 700 isn’t a power house at high altitudes but I found it acceptable and I could ride without ear protective.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I had one on my 700 for a couple of years now, smelled funny for a day until the paint cooked off, been over 11,000 ft in Colorado with a few other Pioneer 1000s and went everywhere they did. The 700 isn’t a power house at high altitudes but I found it acceptable and I could ride without ear protective.
Good report. Glad it worked for you. Might be a good option for the OP. Only thing was that there website doesn't offer it for a 1000 when I checked.

Reactions: Lady01
C

cnaught

Sep 29, 2021
Broward County, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only thing was that there website doesn't offer it for a 1000 when I checked.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. They offer it up to the 700, but not the 1000. As an alternative, someone suggested the Stealth Exhaust 2.0 by Kolpin. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Cant be the best long term for the catalyst tho. Its a secondary/add on system. If you all want something quieter and not to mess with the system/motor/emissions and the like in long term, there would have to be a manufacture that sells a full replacement/quiet system and at this time there is not.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think that insert is for the NON qs to make it that. He’ ll Have to determine if he has the QS or not it was hard to tell in his pics. Should be some numbers on there indicating it I’m not sure what they are though. You may have to check on their website to see how thats determined. But even that, if he thinks the stock exhaust is too loud he certainly will not like the QS. It’s definitely louder. I like the sound of mine but it’s definitely louder than stock
I have the qs with the quiet core. I think its actually quieter than stock cruising trails. With the throttle open its definitely louder but i still get comments on how quiet the honda is. The converter in the stock pipe puts off much more heat i even noticed the difference on my 3 seat.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the qs with the quiet core. I think its actually quieter than stock cruising trails. With the throttle open its definitely louder but i still get comments on how quiet the honda is. The converter in the stock pipe puts off much more heat i even noticed the difference on my 3 seat.
Good report on the insert.

Reactions: Lady01 and Ohio4x4
AzBrad

AzBrad

Sep 17, 2021
Chandler, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a slightly used 2020 Pioneer 1000-5. It's much louder than I had expected. It looks like it has an aftermarket Muffler on it "HMF". I am not looking for a high performance muffler, but the most quiet option available, as I will be using it to ride hunting trails between 5-25 MPH tops. Any suggestions?
Yes...trade me for my 2020 700-4 Deluxe....its super quiet...but I want more top end. They max at 44 mph....

advertisement
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that an issue? Will the riders in the back seat be affected by more heat from the stock muffler than the HMF?
I mounted a bilge blower under my seat pointed directly at the exhaust header. Cools the seat down instantly.

C

Chazz11B

Mar 12, 2024
Boston Mountains AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a slightly used 2020 Pioneer 1000-5. It's much louder than I had expected. It looks like it has an aftermarket Muffler on it "HMF". I am not looking for a high performance muffler, but the most quiet option available, as I will be using it to ride hunting trails between 5-25 MPH tops. Any suggestions?
Check your local Honda dealer. A generator exhaust silencer is what you want.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Check your local Honda dealer. A generator exhaust silencer is what you want.
Chazz welcome to the club from South Florida bud. That person you're replying to hasn't logged back on since 2021......old thread.

Either way, welcome!!!!

Make an intro thread and post up some pics of your ride 👍

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Either way, welcome!!!!

Make an intro thread and post up some pics of your ride 👍
@Chazz11B THIS ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻
And welcome!

See I aint the only one callin out newbies😏

• Haha
Reactions: trigger and JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!